Smyrna vs. Ravenwood

Live4FridayNite615

quick summary

ravenwood played very steady and never paniced just kept doing what they do which is control the ball and play defense.

This game truly was the fable of the tortoise and the hare. Smyrna showed flashes of speed and flash while ravenwodd played virtually the same quarter one through four

Smyrna although I usaully as you know have smyrnas back on here especially when falsehoods are posted, I can not defend a lot of what happened last night they showed a total lack of composure and due that acted out in wasy that were not appropriate. I know the head coach was embarrassed by a lot of what went on out there and he has made no bones about it that kind of stuff will not be tolerated.

In the end the question for smyrna and maybe a positive that can be taken from this is smyrna could have scheduled a cream puff and won 52 to 7 and my question is would that have benefited Smyrna more for the stretch run than this game and in my opinion the answer is no

No one likes to lose but as most real football fans know sometime a tough non region loss is better than an easy non region win

Congratulions to ravenwood you beat a team that has you down 12 to zero and never wavered.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick summary

ravenwood played very steady and never paniced just kept doing what they do which is control the ball and play defense.

This game truly was the fable of the tortoise and the hare. Smyrna showed flashes of speed and flash while ravenwodd played virtually the same quarter one through four

Smyrna although I usaully as you know have smyrnas back on here especially when falsehoods are posted, I can not defend a lot of what happened last night they showed a total lack of composure and due that acted out in wasy that were not appropriate. I know the head coach was embarrassed by a lot of what went on out there and he has made no bones about it that kind of stuff will not be tolerated.

In the end the question for smyrna and maybe a positive that can be taken from this is smyrna could have scheduled a cream puff and won 52 to 7 and my question is would that have benefited Smyrna more for the stretch run than this game and in my opinion the answer is no

No one likes to lose but as most real football fans know sometime a tough non region loss is better than an easy non region win

Congratulions to ravenwood you beat a team that has you down 12 to zero and never wavered.

they shouldnt have scedfuled someone easy all this did is make them better its not a region game so no big deal

Smyrna is not a bunch a punks and we were just frustrated. And as for Josh, he was kneeling down and the ravenwood fans came out on the field and they started saying stuff to Josh and he got up and started walking towards them and a coach grab him. He is not a punk. He was just mad. And Reuben threw his FOREARM. he didn't punch.

Smyrna is not a bunch a punks and we were just frustrated. And as for Josh, he was kneeling down and the ravenwood fans came out on the field and they started saying stuff to Josh and he got up and started walking towards them and a coach grab him. He is not a punk. He was just mad. And Reuben threw his FOREARM. he didn't punch.

That is not an excuses, that was the truth.

Sounds like someone is definitely in denial. Every team gets frustrated after losing a big game, but most teams still have the class to keep their composure, shake hands with the other team, and control themselves, and "being frustrated" is an awful excuse for the horrible behavior Smyrna showed. Sure Ravenwood was upset when we lost to BA and Brentwood in overtime, but the Raptors still showed good sportmanship. I know Coach Rector would never stand for any of that awful attitude Smyrna had, and I sure hope the Smyrna coaches gave those players a piece of their mind after the game.

Edited by RHSRaptor08

Sounds like someone is definitely in denial. Every team gets frustrated after losing a big game, but most teams still have the class to keep their composure, shake hands with the other team, and control themselves, and "being frustrated" is an awful excuse for the horrible behavior Smyrna showed. Sure Ravenwood was upset when we lost to BA and Brentwood in overtime, but the Raptors still showed good sportmanship. I know Coach Rector would never stand for any of that awful attitude Smyrna had, and I sure hope the Smyrna coaches give those players a piece of their mind after the game.

not sure if they did

not sure if they did

im really tired of your ignorant, ridiculous posts. please stay off any smyrna thread you see on coacht. we all might be a little more intelligent if you just kept your mouth shut for once. as for the game, we gave up. plain and simple. we had no composure or pride. and about the crouch situation, i would appreciate it if all smyrna players kept that between us. no disrespect to anyone, but that is our business and we will take care of that on our own. all teams face adversity at some point in the season, and i think we just got a huge dose of it. i know personally im coming to WORK on monday because we know siegel wont lay down for us, or any other team left on our schedule.

Sounds like someone is definitely in denial. Every team gets frustrated after losing a big game, but most teams still have the class to keep their composure, shake hands with the other team, and control themselves, and "being frustrated" is an awful excuse for the horrible behavior Smyrna showed. Sure Ravenwood was upset when we lost to BA and Brentwood in overtime, but the Raptors still showed good sportmanship. I know Coach Rector would never stand for any of that awful attitude Smyrna had, and I sure hope the Smyrna coaches gave those players a piece of their mind after the game.

They did.. but there were only a few that didnt show class.. I only saw 2.. As for the rest of the team everyone went and shook hands and nothing was said... So if your referring to the whole team when you say they have no class then your wrong.. Congrats to Ravenwood on a big win..