Alcoa vs. McCallie

alcoaftbl

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don`t think it will be that close. McCallie seems to be really good this year. It will help Alcoa in the long run playing these good teams, but McCallie takes this one by at least 3 TDs.

You know normaly i would say this would be a close game but not after Mccallie beat BA. BA has the talent, coaching, and disipline to CRUSH 95% of the schools in the state. i don't know much about Mccallie but I know tons about BA and they also beat riverdale too. i see that alcoa isn't running on all cyclinders yet. Mccallie by 15+

Edited by playintowin

Just an interesting observation for the McCallie vs Alcoa game:

Aug 25th - Alcoa lost @ Maryville 17-14.

Sept 8th - McCallie won @ Powell 31-6

Sept 15th - Maryville won @ Powell 45-7

Thats back-to-back weeks at the same field against the same team.

To me it looks like Maryville offensively might be a better team than McCallie?

Alcoa *might* give McCallie all they want @ Alcoa's Goddard field! :rolleyes:

DI - 2A Public school -vs DII 3A Privite school......got love Alcoa's heart to play up!

I don`t think it will be that close. McCallie seems to be really good this year. It will help Alcoa in the long run playing these good teams, but McCallie takes this one by at least 3 TDs.

Hahaha!! You gave me a good laugh this tuesday morning. McCallie is good but not nearly good enough to beat the boys from Aluminum Company of America!!! Alcoa by 2 td's

I am glad that Alcoa plays up against teams like Fulton and McCallie, and of course maryville. I have faith that Alcoa can win this one, but I have a feeling if they do lose then it will be more fans blaming Rankin for whatever reason, never once considering that they are playing very good teams. When all goes wrong it seemed they blamed the coach, and during the Loudon game when they did well, the coach was only mentioned by a few, and if Alcoa didn't get more than 3 yards, or only got 5 I heard people complaining about play call. I believe Rankin will try to use this game to show he can beat the good teams on our schedule, and I hope that no matter the outcome fans realize something, he is getting Alcoa ready for the playoffs. No team in 2a will be anything like Maryville/Fulton/McCallie. That said, Alcoa secondary must step up to the challenge before them in Coleman, if our secondary plays well, I have confidence Alcoa wins this game. This is another game where Alcoa cannot give up the big play. I believe Alcoa plays hard and wins 35-21.

Edited by mcwrestler

I am glad that Alcoa plays up against teams like Fulton and McCallie, and of course maryville. I have faith that Alcoa can win this one, but I have a feeling if they do lose then it will be more fans blaming Rankin for whatever reason, never once considering that they are playing very good teams. When all goes wrong it seemed they blamed the coach, and during the Loudon game when they did well, the coach was only mentioned by a few, and if Alcoa didn't get more than 3 yards, or only got 5 I heard people complaining about play call. I believe Rankin will try to use this game to show he can beat the good teams on our schedule, and I hope that no matter the outcome fans realize something, he is getting Alcoa ready for the playoffs. No team in 2a will be anything like Maryville/Fulton/McCallie. That said, Alcoa secondary must step up to the challenge before them in Coleman, if our secondary plays well, I have confidence Alcoa wins this game. This is another game where Alcoa cannot give up the big play. I believe Alcoa plays hard and wins 35-21.

Can't agree more with the "No team in 2a will be anything like Maryville/Fulton/McCallie": Statement. Alcoa will have to tackle better and it is not Rankins fault if the plays he calls are not excuted. Alcoa has a good team but steping outside of 2A shown them what life outside of 2A is like. I think Alcoa loses this one and it will be the last loss till the state game. That is another matter for later.