Alcoa vs. McCallie

alcoaftbl

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your a goof FBE........and always will be!

Take ALL the teams DII, 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A...............and play Maryville, Fulton, and McCallie and see how many go undefeated? OR see how many stay within 3 points??

Don't start your Alcoa is good...BUT only in 2A crap!

I could seriously not say it any better. I've said this on another topic but i think alcoa will lose again. Now, in the playoffs, or even in the playoff games. Plus i think that everyone is starting to overate McCallie, but I love coming into the game as the underdog to show that we can execute plays, stay on our blocks, etc. so I'm just gonna stop it short

Just an interesting observation for the McCallie vs Alcoa game:

Aug 25th - Alcoa lost @ Maryville 17-14.

Sept 8th - McCallie won @ Powell 31-6

Sept 15th - Maryville won @ Powell 45-7

Thats back-to-back weeks at the same field against the same team.

To me it looks like Maryville offensively might be a better team than McCallie?

Alcoa *might* give McCallie all they want @ Alcoa's Goddard field! :rolleyes:

DI - 2A Public school -vs DII 3A Privite school......got love Alcoa's heart to play up!

...This is a pretty good 'numerical analysis', however it doesn't factor in the intangibles( officials, etc.)...a good try but I still believe McCallie has the edge!!!

...This is a pretty good 'numerical analysis', however it doesn't factor in the intangibles( officials, etc.)...a good try but I still believe McCallie has the edge!!!

I think in the end it will come down to two things.... home field advantage and Alcoa going deep into the play book. In both of thier loses they played a very vanilla game and did not maximise thier strength of a widely varying offensive capability.

I do not discount McCallie either, they were the best team we played last year behind Maryville. Last year they had the home field advantage.

Wow, I can't believe the mass wholesale of faith in Alcoa. Coming into the season there were people unwilling to even call them underdogs against Maryville...what happened?

Alcoa's defense will be the best that most of their opponents see this season. Sure, McCallie can put up big points, but only if their QB is not running for his life all night...and I think he will be.

Shiverdecker has a field day. The WRs for the tornadoes make big contributions, and Alcoa finds a way to outscore a McCallie team that gets held to its season low in scoring Friday night. Alcoa wins.

Is this game on TV anywhere?

Edited by papa chaos

Wow, I can't believe the mass wholesale of faith in Alcoa. Coming into the season there were people unwilling to even call them underdogs against Maryville...what happened?

Alcoa's defense will be the best that most of their opponents see this season. Sure, McCallie can put up big points, but only if their QB is not running for his life all night...and I think he will be.

Shiverdecker has a field day. The WRs for the tornadoes make big contributions, and Alcoa finds a way to outscore a McCallie team that gets held to its season low in scoring Friday night. Alcoa wins.

Is this game on TV anywhere?

Putting pressure on Coleman is not easy, just ask Riverdale and Brentwood Academy. Coleman will not be running for his life on Friday, but I'm sure Alcoa will get to him a couple of times. With that being said, McCallie wins this one by seven.

I think alot of people are picking McCallie to win this game and I can see why they would. I expect the game to be high scoring. The key is going to be how often can the Alcoa D effect Coleman's rhythm on offense. Alcoa is not going to shut the McCallie offense down (that would be asking too much). With the exception of about 2 drives against Fulton, the Alcoa defense has been a "bend but don't break" defense. They must have the same effort tonight. McCallie is going to score. But if Alcoa can limit the big plays and quick strikes then I believe they can win the game.

On offense, Shiverdecker needs to get MORE carries and maybe even a couple of screen passes to him. The last 3 weeks he has not touched the ball nearly enough. Also, if Randall Cobb is able to throw the ball as accurately, or close to it, as last week then I believe Alcoa can put up 30+ points.

It should be fun and I hope to see a great game between 2 teams that deserve alot of respect.

Alcoa 35

McCallie 31

Just an interesting observation for the McCallie vs Alcoa game:

Aug 25th - Alcoa lost @ Maryville 17-14.

Sept 8th - McCallie won @ Powell 31-6

Sept 15th - Maryville won @ Powell 45-7

Thats back-to-back weeks at the same field against the same team.

To me it looks like Maryville offensively might be a better team than McCallie?

Alcoa *might* give McCallie all they want @ Alcoa's Goddard field! :)

DI - 2A Public school -vs DII 3A Privite school......got love Alcoa's heart to play up!

you could say that, but mccallie isn`t known for running the score up like other teams are