Obion Co visits Union City

VOREBS

Well this one is always well attended, and although it means nothing to either teams region race, it is a BIG game for both clubs. OC has scored 84 points in the past two weeks, and has looked good on both sides of the ball. UC has wins against 1A teams, but two big losses outside of 1A. OC's seniors can become only the second group to win out against UC for their career, and I think this group will join last years seniors in the feat. Will it be easy, no it never is. these two always get after each other. But it will be a win for OC, which will put the Rebs at 4-1 for next week trip down 51 to Covington. So let's hear it......who wins and WHY???

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be shocked if OC isn't ready for this game....They ALWAYS get up for teams in Purple and Gold.....Be it Union City or Covington.....OC will have to shore up it's run defense..Bracey is a good back with good speed....UC is using a new open style offense..OC will need to pressure young Brett White.....I heard from a very good source that Union City gave up in the Milan ballgame....I was told they looked unenthused and confused on offense....Sounds like OC needs to jump out early and hard on the Tornadoes and then put their foot on their throat....Something Lake County didn't do.....The record for point differential in this series is 42...It could be in jeopardy.... :rolleyes:..A whole bunch of alumni will be on hand for this game as i know for sure the Class of 86 will be onhand..Wouldn't it look bad for coach Fishel to get beat down at home to the Rebels in front of those folks??? Union City is probably better than Gibson Co(maybe) and not as good as Dresden...And not even in the same league with Dyer County and not on the same planet as Crockett Co....UC hasn't beat a team in a higher classification since moving down to 1A...Season or scrimmage...I don't see it happening here either... :)

I have seen both teams play and more of Union City. O C will more than likely come away with a " W " in this game. Reasons, a much bigger line on both sides of the ball, bigger backs and more to throw at you and they have more depth. Union City looks good at times and plays much better in the 2nd half if they are close at half time. One thing is, Flood #30 more than likely will not play in this game from what we are hearing and the James kid will be ?able . Union City will have their hands very full from the things I have seen and been told as well. If Union City plays defense like they did against Lake County in the First half of that Game then Union City might just have a chance in the second half but if the Rebels score 4 or more T D's in the first half it might be a long night. Union City will hold out some starters due to injuries and will not be at full strenght going into the game. This is because this game is ONLY for braggin' rights and nothing else and Union City still has to play McKenzie and Bruceton in their region. Good luck to both teams for a safe, injury free game and good sportsmanship.

I have seen both teams play and more of Union City. O C will more than likely come away with a " W " in this game. Reasons, a much bigger line on both sides of the ball, bigger backs and more to throw at you and they have more depth. Union City looks good at times and plays much better in the 2nd half if they are close at half time. One thing is, Flood #30 more than likely will not play in this game from what we are hearing and the James kid will be ?able . Union City will have their hands very full from the things I have seen and been told as well. If Union City plays defense like they did against Lake County in the First half of that Game then Union City might just have a chance in the second half but if the Rebels score 4 or more T D's in the first half it might be a long night. Union City will hold out some starters due to injuries and will not be at full strenght going into the game. This is because this game is ONLY for braggin' rights and nothing else and Union City still has to play McKenzie and Bruceton in their region. Good luck to both teams for a safe, injury free game and good sportsmanship.

Coming into Week 5, injuries begin to be a problem for many teams. For OC, they have been a problem since week 1. I know the Flood kid being out, and the possibility of James being out as well does indeed hurt UC. OC too has had to deal with injuries, as all know. The Rebs offense has been clicking, and I think again will be on vs UC. It is always an "event" when these two get together, big crowds, and usually a hard hitting game. i expect this one to be no different. OC will be the favorite going in, as I think they should be. For OC, as backintha said, they need to jump out early, and fill the lanes of defense.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by VOREBS

Wait till NWTennSports sees this post.... :ph34r:

I saw the James kid last night at church, with his arm in a sling, that is not good for UC. there still seems to be questions as to whether he and Flood will be available. OC came thru last week's game with no injuries, so I guess we will see. Anyone know the status on Flood and James? I'm sure it is still to early to say.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a lot less chatter about this game than I would have thought. But I guess it will pick up as we get closer to Friday night. I wonder if we will see a tractor leading in some of the Rebel fans this year. That was still one of the classic moves by the Rebel fans. I even saw purple and gold fans laughing about that one. Oh well, however it goes as long as the team gets in front of the tractor. We would not want them to be late to the game.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VOREBS..... I don't get to listen to your broadcast of the Rebel games but I have heard alot of positive things said about it. I am proud you are back because you are a big part of our Rebel program. You and Russ need to drop in on a Friday meal with the boys... You know you are always welcome....... I am praying for an injury free game for both teams and looking forward to hearing Buddy Jewel in concert . ALL Obion Countians need to come out and support Fall Fest..... Good Luck Rebels!!!!!!

There is a lot less chatter about this game than I would have thought. But I guess it will pick up as we get closer to Friday night. I wonder if we will see a tractor leading in some of the Rebel fans this year. That was still one of the classic moves by the Rebel fans. I even saw purple and gold fans laughing about that one. Oh well, however it goes as long as the team gets in front of the tractor. We would not want them to be late to the game.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was alot of chatter before the Milan game,you saw where that got them.... :o

THE DRIVE FOR 5!!!!!

What a sweet sound "THE DRIVE FOR 5" is. B) Seems like just yestrerday that OC could hardly win one against UC. New to talk about 5 in a row is something else! :o GO OC!

On another topic:

What's this I hear about a OC caravan not being allowed to journey into UC? I think that was a unique way of showing spirit and pride (if kept clean-I would always promote) in the team for tractors, etc. to make the journey. It is the county vs. the city.

OC takes it.