AC VS. Clinton

bigboy 92

Im going to Pick Clinton By 1. I understand clinton beat a terrible Campbell County team but AC still hasnt proven anything even with a tougher Schedule!

lol Anderson County has played a bunch of AA, and AAA schools... i mean they're schedule has been tuff, but i'm going to agree with don on this one, i would love to watch AC play 2 state bound teams. and we still have central and west to go... It will be a good game... Lets Roll Dragons

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol Anderson County has played a bunch of AA, and AAA schools... i mean they're schedule has been tuff, but i'm going to agree with don on this one, i would love to watch AC play 2 state bound teams. and we still have central and west to go... It will be a good game... Lets Roll Dragons

And AC hasn't played any AA schools and they have played one AAAAA and and DI/AA thats prob one of the best private schools round you will see but then again I guess your right AC hasn't played anyone and i would like to see Clinton beat one team in this region that ac plays in....

Andy S is getting the Buzz Peterson treatment over here. He is a great guy so you pull for him but if he can't beat SD and if they lose to us. When will the moving vans be outside his house? Or do you guys care anymore? Ask the seniors if it's about getting better. and they will tell you that it's about winning. Ask Buzz Peterson the same thing. He got a free ride too and they found somebody to win games and be a nice guy. We shall see Friday.

Ladies, the Dragoons haven't been in hiding but have been on business travel. Dial up is too slow, so this will be my only post this week. First of all, I did say that Clinton must play every game this year, one at a time. We are in no way good enough to overlook anyone. I will contend that this team is more complete than last years team but that doesn't mean anyone will lay over for us. We must improve in many aspects of the game. First and foremost, our offensive line has got to get better. We've struggled to maintain any resemblance of a running game. I believe this falls on two or three main areas. Blocking isn't very good (obvious). Two, if teams are going to stack the line and dare us to pass the ball, we still have to block the rushers or change up some play calls to counter their attack. Dump a few screens behind the rushers maybe???? Playaction off of the same hand off that we tried about 30 times against SD. Heck, maybe even a quick slat or a hot read if they are going to try to jam every reciever. I don't think that we made any adjustment during the game Friday night at all.

As for this game????? Who shows up???? I want to say that the Dragons will win this one but AC has to be hungry. I don't know if we are. I will be back next Monday to comment but the Dragoons are concerned and most fans should be. Bear down boys, feed off of the negative critisim and play hard. The Dragon faithful are behind you and won't go away. MAKE US PROUD!!!!!

Sorry Coonhunter but from my eyes it looked like they were, I understand Maryville is the Best team in the state but I think Oak ridge isnt as good as everyone thinks. I do believe the mavs have played a tougher schedule. But I honestly dont know who will when this game I will I guess agree with u cause u know more about Clinton ftball then I do and Ill say it should be close just bc most rivals play each other close. Except Central and Halls but thats a different story.

Clinton is pretty healthy, Chase Acres will be able to play full strength this weekend, and Oh yeah! We got a new player in from Melrose, I dont now what his name is, but everyone calls him Junebug, he is really good, he started at running back at Melrose, and I suspect he WILL be playing Friday night!!!! The only injury I know of is that Phillip Hester broke his leg.

And AC hasn't played any AA schools and they have played one AAAAA and and DI/AA thats prob one of the best private schools round you will see but then again I guess your right AC hasn't played anyone and i would like to see Clinton beat one team in this region that ac plays in....

Please don't take this personal bigboy but AC is in the absolute worse shape it has ever been in. Does this mean I think Clinton is going to drill them? NO not at all. All I am saying is this AC is down, Clinton is rebounding and will have a very reputable program likely by next season. If Clinton wins by only 1 point with a half a second to go in the ball game in the communities eyes AC will have lost by 100 points (because the thought of a loss to Clinton is more than the Maverick faithful can handle). I say the DRAGONS win a close one then look out for the street party. (STREET TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER)

Coonhunter I dunno who you are, but get your facts straight, "JuneBug" is Cortez Darline(sp?) and he didn't start RB at Melrose.. he might of played it but sure didn't start he's a senior. And hasn't been to practice all week, he came friday and monday.. and hasn't been back. to practice or school so.. no one knows... and for hester no broken leg.. it's a knee thing... so get your facts straight.