McKenzie @ Huntingdon

GlenChervin

I hope the Rebs can post a victory. Looking at the past few years, I see big stats, but not many points scored. I don't see the Rebels posing much of a threat with their running game unless they can get outside. I think if the Rebs are successful passing, it will be because of the short pass and utillizing the speed of the receiver. I don't believe Huntingdon will allow Carr to have a lot of time to find his deep receivers----if they watch the JCS film, they will see what pressure did to Hayes last year. I have read that Reb supporters are touting our kickoff returns----that might be a way to score. With our weak kickoff coverage, it might be a way for the Mustangs to score also. Regardless of the outcome, I hope the Rebs give 100% and leave it all on the field. May each team avoid the injury bug.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I see is the mindset of Tennessee football. Not the history in the series but the will to win. When you've got players that come off the field throwing up and can barely hold their head up and still lead their team to a win; this attitude is shared by all the players.

I had to make a little correction to your last post Mr. Mustang. Instead of beefing up the Mustangs and Crocker (like the Jackson Sun does every single day), I believe you just described every team and player in Tennessee. Don't get me wrong, your post was great and I totally agree with it, but all the kids wanna play and every single one of em have the same perseverance. No kid wants to sit the sidelines and watch his team win or lose, they want to be a part of it. You know this my friend. We all have the same thing no matter what town your from. :lol:

I had to make a little correction to your last post Mr. Mustang. Instead of beefing up the Mustangs and Crocker (like the Jackson Sun does every single day), I believe you just described every team and player in Tennessee. Don't get me wrong, your post was great and I totally agree with it, but all the kids wanna play and every single one of em have the same perseverance. No kid wants to sit the sidelines and watch his team win or lose, they want to be a part of it. You know this my friend. We all have the same thing no matter what town your from. :thumb:

I agree with you too about players in general and perseverance. You see him once a year. We've seen him since the 7th grade. He won't run over you and probably not around you but if you're the opposing team, you wish you had him on your side. He didn't even come out for pre-game warmups against Westview and then goes and sticks an "L" on them by throwing two td's. His younger brother, "Lover Boy" is no slouch either. (He's still in the stable).

He's like a tough QB you had several years ago..... Taylor Holland

I hope the rain holds off. I'd like to see this game played on a dry field.

Edited by Mr. Mustang

Answer this question:: Is Huntingdon's defensive backs athletic enough to play McKenzie's spread offense with man coverage? If they are, then the defensive line and LB's will pin their ears back and come. IF Huntingdon is forced to play alot of zone, then CARR will pick them apart.

This one is too close to call...... :thumb:

I believe you will find our corners to be very athletic. I think we will play both zone and man coverage. We have been able to do that effectively because of the ability of the line and linebackers to keep pressure on the qb and not allow him much time to throw.

O.K. here is my 2 cents worth. Huntingdon 20 Mckenzie 7. If Mckenzie is going to have to pass I believe the Huntingdon defensive front will be a nightmare for the quarterback all night and I cant see Mckenzie running on us just from what i have heard and you know how that is. Shelly, have my diet coke and popcorn ready. It would be nice to have it delivered. that hill is getting longer every year for an old fat man.

O.K. here is my 2 cents worth. Huntingdon 20 Mckenzie 7. If Mckenzie is going to have to pass I believe the Huntingdon defensive front will be a nightmare for the quarterback all night and I cant see Mckenzie running on us just from what i have heard and you know how that is. Shelly, have my diet coke and popcorn ready. It would be nice to have it delivered. that hill is getting longer every year for an old fat man.

Sure I'll bring it to you. Just wait on me!

All you Rebel fans that are getting there early come by and see me and get some good food!

I agree with you too about players in general and perseverance. You see him once a year. We've seen him since the 7th grade. He won't run over you and probably not around you but if you're the opposing team, you wish you had him on your side. He didn't even come out for pre-game warmups against Westview and then goes and sticks an "L" on them by throwing two td's. His younger brother, "Lover Boy" is no slouch either. (He's still in the stable).

He's like a tough QB you had several years ago..... Taylor Holland

I hope the rain holds off. I'd like to see this game played on a dry field.

I hear ya man. Looks like 79 is the high, 68 low, and a 40 to 60% chance of rain. I don't think an F4 tornado could stop this game.

Mr. Mustang, I got several friends I usually visit during the Rebel/Mustang games on your side. Drop me an email, and hopefully we can meet up at the game. napalm@gpsclan.com

I hear ya man. Looks like 79 is the high, 68 low, and a 40 to 60% chance of rain. I don't think an F4 tornado could stop this game.

Mr. Mustang, I got several friends I usually visit during the Rebel/Mustang games on your side. Drop me an email, and hopefully we can meet up at the game. napalm@gpsclan.com

As the old saying goes, be careful what you ask for ;);):lol::lol:;)

As the old saying goes, be careful what you ask for ;);):lol::lol:;)

Ok. Enough about Crocker and his Dad not caring about his health. U guys keep this up and u can meet me and Tony in the parking lot. Cody has an injury to his back. It is not serious enough for him to be injured further. Lets say its a nagging injury that will take time to heal. It is so minor it took alot of tests and doctors to find. It will not sideline him if he wants to play. And news from BIG ###### LANE is he will play and play well. He has had it from the summer til now.

And the vomitting is because of his dad's cooking. I wouldn't eat it myself. True he has a baseball and football talent. He's been sticking it to Mckenzie for years. True he has a future in sports whatever he decides. And my hats off to him so leave it alone there is no story in the crap ur starting move on.

Edited by Butchie

Mr. Mustang----you mentioned Abernathy in one of your posts. Did you play against him?

Yep.. From Jr. High, Babe Ruth and HS football and basketball.. Our senior year he had a bum shoulder that kept him from being 100%. We knew he wouldn't be able to pass and we took advantage of it. He was able to gut it out and played tailback and safety though. He was recently elected to the Carroll County Sports Hall of Fame and was quite deserving. He went on to play at Vandy.