McKenzie @ Huntingdon

GlenChervin

What game were you watching? That was the poorest effort by a football team i've seen in many years. As far as going deep into the playoffs, I doubt they even make the playoffs with region matchups like Trenton, Milan and Humboldt on the horizon. They are not even county champs!

Dude, it starts in the stands!!! Support your kids. We've been doing it for years--even when we met ya'll and got our butts handed to us for years in a row.

OK, I'll say it now, Huntingdon football has too much heritage and tradition to stay in this rut that they find themselves in right now! Maybe tonight was their wakeup call to get them fired for the rest of the season!!?? No matter how tonight had turned out it didn't mean one thing as far as class play and the playoffs.

I've said on here for a week that this bunch of Rebels can play and that this could happen!!!!! The Rebels proved it tonight. Our QB (Carr) showed that he's not a step backward for us either. Actually, this may have been one of his most off nights so far BUT, he was still good. McKenzie is in better shape conditioning wise and has more desire/heart this season.

I still wish the Mustangs all the best for the rest of the season.

Our prayers are with the Sherrill family tonight and for as long as needed.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What game were you watching? That was the poorest effort by a football team i've seen in many years. As far as going deep into the playoffs, I doubt they even make the playoffs with region matchups like Trenton, Milan and Humboldt on the horizon. They are not even county champs!

Can everyone quit saying that we haven't played anybody yet. or is the jury still out.

That was me Butchie. I guess I should've said "Hey Butchie, I'm BOHICA!" Oh well, at least you know who I am now......Duck has a little more hair than me!!! Right Duck? :unsure:

Yes and no, he met me too!!!! You still should have said I'm Bohica though!!! ;)

Man, my voice is about gone and I'm workin' on a "headache" in the morning right now. You got to talk to me off line so I can tell you why tonight was so special. This Rebel team doesn't even know what thay have done tonight. Same to you V&T1!!!!

Edited by duckman38201

Yes, Crocker and most of the regular starters all played tonight. They cannot use injuries as an excuse. It was just an extremely poor effort by the defense, the pass rush was non existent, and it gave the Mckenzie qb time to pick apart the secondary. The offensive line also gave up some big sacks of Crocker at some very critical times. Reminded me of the Camden game at times. Grade the O line and secondary an F, and give ole Mansfield a big F for not having his team ready to play on homecoming. First loss at home since the Milan game of '03, first homecoming loss since who knows when. Good job to Mckenzie, they were obviously ready to play.

I'll agree with you on this post. I said all week that this could happen and I guess no-one was listening. This is one of the VERY few times my predictions on this game have ended with me NOT having to eat crow.

Can everyone quit saying that we haven't played anybody yet. or is the jury still out.

Your Honor, I rest my case!!

Man.. I just read about D'Angelo's loss of his step dad. Please keep him and his mother who I understand is still in the hospital in your prayers. He toughed it up and tried to play tonight from his injury last week.

When did he find out this happened? It's been a tragic week here in Huntingdon.

We're really sorry to hear about this Mr. Mustang. We'll keep the Sherrill's in our prayers. Good luck the rest of the season from across the creek.

McKenzie stinks and they played a beat up Huntingdon team!!!!!!!!! I was at the game and McKenzie played a JV team from Huntingdon.

[

quote name=wingman10' date='Sep 23 2006 - 12:53 AM' post='826154011]

Congrats to the rebels. The Rebels have more team chemistry than last yr. Good luck to both teams.

McKenzie stinks and they played a beat up Huntingdon team!!!!!!!!! I was at the game and McKenzie played a JV team from Huntingdon.

[

Thanks for your ignorant insight to the game! Huntingdon is not that bad. McKenzie is that good. H-town does have some problems. So has McKenzie in the past. We never claimed incompetence in the past and you should go ahead and admit that you were beaten by a good team. Come on man, support your team when they are down somewhat!!!! It's your choice to be mad at the Mustangs but, leave the Rebels out of it. We won----------straight up!!

Congratulations to Mckenzie on a hard fought win.

Would like to ask for everyone to keep Deangelo Sherrill in your prayers. His stepdad and mother were involved in a wreck before the game tonight. His stepdad was killed and his mother is in the hospital in Jackson.

Prayers from the fans in Bulldog Country. Seems like alot of kids playing with a heavy heart this year...Bruceton, Huntingdon, Dyersburg, Martin, etc. Keeps the game in perspective.

Kudos to McKenzie for a win in Huntingdon. Bulldog fans have suffered a number of losses in the past to the Mustangs and we know how hard it is to win there. In two weeks they come to Milan and I know that Coach Mansfield will have his "A" game when he comes packing.

Many successes to the Rebels on the rest of the year.

Baddawg.