Henry county - Liberty

the prophet

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but we have a freshman school... The kids over there play for Grove High and one or two may get a shot... So really HCHS does not have 1338.

Football and Basketball are the only 9th grade teams I am aware of. None of the other school sports have a 9th grade team so kids can tryout for at the High School level. There has been a day not long ago where as many as 4 Freshmen started in Baseball and I think softball had a similar situation. Ninth grade has about 350-400 each year.

Good Morning all in Patriot Land!!! What a great morning it is, with the cool crisp fall air filtering in and the smell of football in the air. Not a better time in the entire year IMO!

This discussion about enrollment is kind of a downer. I hate to hear that is what's happening over there. But I really think it will balance back out if Madison County school system (board) makes the correct moves. All is not lost!

Another great day at practice in preperation for Liberty. This is gonna be a good one and we WILL be prepared!!!

Go Big Red!!!

Looking for a great game at Liberty. Our O and D lines have been playing solid and getting better each game. This post is 4 pages long and I still don't know much about Liberty. I have to believe this game will have some good hitting going on. It sounds like Liberty is primarily a running team, guess Pats will find out. Last years game was a low scoring game with a lot of bending and no breaking for both teams.

I got a question not related to this game. Will there be a radio station carrying JCM/SS game that can be listen into for score updates?

Good Morning all in Patriot Land!!! What a great morning it is, with the cool crisp fall air filtering in and the smell of football in the air. Not a better time in the entire year IMO!

This discussion about enrollment is kind of a downer. I hate to hear that is what's happening over there. But I really think it will balance back out if Madison County school system (board) makes the correct moves. All is not lost!

Another great day at practice in preperation for Liberty. This is gonna be a good one and we WILL be prepared!!!

Go Big Red!!!

Since students are out Thursday and Friday does HC change their practice schedule on Thursday?

It was great outside last night and this morning. Love it. Spring and Fall Baseball and Fall Football. May favorite sports time of the year.

Since students are out Thursday and Friday does HC change their practice schedule on Thursday?

It was great outside last night and this morning. Love it. Spring and Fall Baseball and Fall Football. May favorite sports time of the year.

I think the coaches like to keep a routine so I would expect practices to stay at the normal time tomorrow. Not 100% positive, but that is what I would think based on previous off days.

Have you heard any more on that resteraunt in Jackson?

Reply to several points: There are about 400 students at the freshman school with between 40 to 50 players on the freshman team. As far as I know, none of them are playing varsity this year (I think Grove now has a winning streak of 11 or 12 games - undefeated last year and so far this year).

The defensive line for Liberty has about 10 players right in your face with the way they line up. As I said earlier, we will have to open up the passing attack.

The coaches do not change any routine when the kids are out of school. Grove plays at Lexington tomorrow night, and varsity practice, team dinner on Friday, etc. will go on as usual.

At least, this is my understanding of things.

I think the coaches like to keep a routine so I would expect practices to stay at the normal time tomorrow. Not 100% positive, but that is what I would think based on previous off days.

Have you heard any more on that resteraunt in Jackson?

Nothing about food. Jackson Sun article. They opened where Applebees used to be. Locally owned (same owner as Gunther Toodys). Live jazz and blues music. Beef, chicken, fish, pasta,etc. Ribs and Blues and a cold beverage my version of a out of town tailgate meal! Gets me ready to watch the game. The manager ran the Blues City Cafe on Beale Street for 15 years. I plan to go, if not Friday then next trip to Jackson.

Maybe Yanker will pay the tab!!

Edited by wingman

Reply to several points: There are about 400 students at the freshman school with between 40 to 50 players on the freshman team. As far as I know, none of them are playing varsity this year (I think Grove now has a winning streak of 11 or 12 games - undefeated last year and so far this year).

The defensive line for Liberty has about 10 players right in your face with the way they line up. As I said earlier, we will have to open up the passing attack.

The coaches do not change any routine when the kids are out of school. Grove plays at Lexington tomorrow night, and varsity practice, team dinner on Friday, etc. will go on as usual.

At least, this is my understanding of things.

Cool.

Shonte Sims may be the only young man who is getting any playing time at varsity this year, Free Safety and maybe QB very late in one game. He still QB's the 9th grade team doesn't he?

Be interesting to see what we run on offense Friday night.

Edited by wingman

Cool.

Shonte Sims may be the only young man who is getting any playing time at varsity this year, Free Safety and maybe QB very late in one game. He still QB's the 9th grade team doesn't he?

Be interesting to see what we run on offense Friday night.

What a slow day on here! Where is the Yanker at to liven things up a bit?!?!? :thumb: