Interesting Acticle about the officating

BCsportsfan

I'm a fan of neither team ... but I do remember the Ooltewah fans whining last year about the refs at WB.... even though WB had more penalties called on them than Ooltewah did . I just wonder what some of these Ooltewah fans with Halos over their heads right now would have done if the penalty count last year had been 11-2 against them ?? One can only imagine .... I'm sure Imaowl wouldn't be on here saying what a great officiated game it was !

11-2 is embarrassing ... you could call a penalty on both sides on every play if you looked close enough . Any former Refs on here trying to justify that big of a discrepancy is kidding themselves .

Great point. I wasabout to say the same thing. I mean how many people on here that don't go to Oooltewah or have a son that goes to Ooltewah saying it was a great officiated game??? NONE. It's all high school or former high school students on here. You don't see any WB people on here saying it was a great called game, b/c it wasn't I have heard from Ooltewah people that there were some great calls for them, but i guess they just don't want to admit it on here. With an understood reason.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from Blount Co. but I was not at the game. However, one of my very good friends is the chaplain for the Ooltewah team. He was telling me about WB fans who were literally cursing him in the face. Totally inappropriate. As a native of Blount County, it embarrasses me that some WB fans would act in such a juvenile and childish way.

I can say the same thing about Ooltewah.

I'm from Blount Co., and I WAS at the game. One of my very good friends IS the chaplain of the WB team. I AM a deacon at my church.

My pastor who helped try to get Coach Meadows off the field to prevent a fight was cursed at. The WB side was flipped off by several of the Ooltewah fans (one young "lady" and two young "men") at the end of the game from the field. None of the fans around me went onto the field, cursed, or did any of the things that we are accused of. But they still flipped us off.

My thought is ... where is the shame? I'm sure both sides did stuff that they later regretted, or asked forgiveness for, or whatever. We are all sinful people. But I wonder how many from both sides actually felt remorse that it got so out of hand.

The WB/Ooltewah game has probably moved to the top of the rivalry pile. This is one of the best games, as far as rivalries go, to be at. From Ooltewah being upset about the outcome last year, and now us this year, this has the makings of a rivalry. Think about it, the game this past week went a long way to determine the outcome of our region. Just one game did that! Not saying that Farragut and Oak Ridge are going to lay down for either team, but I wonder if both WB and Ooltewah aren't better than them. Oh yeah, someone will jump up and throw a loss on one or both of us during the season, but I'd pick WB or Ooltewah against either of them (barring injuries).

Best of luck to all!

Go Govs!

Edited by tservies

You know i always told myself that i would never post on this thing but there was something about this that made me want to. I am a Ooltewah fan i played a couple of years ago and glad they won!

All i know after the game i did see Ooltewah fans run on the feild and go towrard the coaches but to only get the coache(s) away from the refs because from the looks of it one of WB coaches was going to "Kill" the refs.. When the refs got to the track and to the gate to walk out where i was standing thwere were about 8 dads and 2 moms waiting to go off on these refs. They said some of the craziest thingsl Like, " you better be glad these cops are here cause if they werent i was going to kick ur dumb A**" and that was probably the worse that they said but then some Ooltewah fans were calling them sore losers and then that stared another arguement and i do admit the ooltewah fans should have keep their mouths shut.. Then the cops went on the feild like something was happening so me and some of my freinds went over there but whatever happened was already over and about that time they started kicking WB fans off the feild and after they told them to leave they made ALL of the OOLTEWAH fans go to the other side so it just wasnt WB fans they made leave!!! i just went over what i saw and i can bet you Ooltewah sutdents had there fair share of smack talking!!! GO OWLS!!!!!!!!!

I can say the same thing about Ooltewah.

I'm from Blount Co., and I WAS at the game. One of my very good friends IS the chaplain of the WB team. I AM a deacon at my church.

My pastor who helped try to get Coach Meadows off the field to prevent a fight was cursed at. The WB side was flipped off by several of the Ooltewah fans (one young "lady" and two young "men") at the end of the game from the field. None of the fans around me went onto the field, cursed, or did any of the things that we are accused of. But they still flipped us off.

My thought is ... where is the shame? I'm sure both sides did stuff that they later regretted, or asked forgiveness for, or whatever. We are all sinful people. But I wonder how many from both sides actually felt remorse that it got so out of hand.

The WB/Ooltewah game has probably moved to the top of the rivalry pile. This is one of the best games, as far as rivalries go, to be at. From Ooltewah being upset about the outcome last year, and now us this year, this has the makings of a rivalry. Think about it, the game this past week went a long way to determine the outcome of our region. Just one game did that! Not saying that Farragut and Oak Ridge are going to lay down for either team, but I wonder if both WB and Ooltewah aren't better than them. Oh yeah, someone will jump up and throw a loss on one or both of us during the season, but I'd pick WB or Ooltewah against either of them (barring injuries).

Best of luck to all!

Go Govs!

I AM a BAPTIST MINISTER and all that needs to be said is that it should not matter what the other people are doing. Just because one side is cursing does not mean that the other side has that right to do the same. Bottom line is that more class and restrain should have been shown by both sides.

I'm a fan of neither team ... but I do remember the Ooltewah fans whining last year about the refs at WB.... even though WB had more penalties called on them than Ooltewah did . I just wonder what some of these Ooltewah fans with Halos over their heads right now would have done if the penalty count last year had been 11-2 against them ?? One can only imagine .... I'm sure Imaowl wouldn't be on here saying what a great officiated game it was !

11-2 is embarrassing ... you could call a penalty on both sides on every play if you looked close enough . Any former Refs on here trying to justify that big of a discrepancy is kidding themselves .

no one is saying anything about that...and penalty count means, one team just did more blatantly obvious things than the other...what the ooltewah fans were upset about last year were the many, many blatantly obvious calls, that were not called, not what was called

I read the article and some of the post's. 11 to 2 pentiity raito seems bad, but it can happen.

I know it is tough when one team feels like the officals robbed them of a win. People need to realize this is a game and I think officals, most anyway do their best make the game fair. I do think there are a few officals who do a poor job and it is a system based upon pecking order and a ole' boy system. Officals should be graded if they are not it is cheating the kids.

Coaches should not curse and dicipline their players when they do it.

If coach meadows has an issue he should send a tape to the T$$AA and be done with it.

Home cooking happens! :rolleyes:

I only saw it once in 20 years of playing. It was so bad that we had over 300 yards of rushing called back. We were lucky enough to be a better team and still won by 3 TD's.

It was so bad that the ref's were calling numbers of players that were not even on the field.

Our reply was to start taking out the refs making the bad calls. :lol:

HS Football U got to love it!

However, I would never be a ref the job is way to tuff. You zebra's are not paid enough to take the heat that comes your way.