Munford@Covington

cougarmike

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

three families moved to Munford yes I said moved that means change of residence. I'm assuming that your applying that our coach has done something wrong or unethicial I'm sick of rumors or yes just talk from people who have their own agenda because their boy may not start or out fear that their school may be challenged, so they have nothing better or more productive to do then start rumors or ok out right lies that they know aren't true.

I guess nobody ever moves to Brighten or Covington from Memphis or any where else. It's interesting we've had young men to move into the area before this year with no problems what might be the difference? Maybe it's that we aren't the easy win that we've been in the past. I've been a cougar fan for a long time and from top to bottom this team works hard to improve, before they just wanted and talked about winning without paying the price. It seems like now they're really learning what it takes to be successful. Last I checked about 50 will be running through that sign tonight. As for the young men that transfered, they live here, their mothers and fathers packed up and moved to a community that has a better educational system and enviroment for their children. Would you do anything less for your children or would you like to watch the news a little and see the gang fights at Craigmont or the other day when Melrose was on the news with police cars carting off kids because of a fight that had about twenty involved. At East high the news trucks are constantly there. I know, why don't you enroll your child into Frayser I hear it's lovely this time of year. These are just examples of what we all know is going on in Memphis city schools I'm glad the parents of these young men chose our community because they are well spoken fine young men. Why is it a problem when parents want and have the means or even do with out to make thing better for their children. Guess what, they aren't the only ones, I bet if you checked Munford enrollments you would find students who transfered from other places as well but you don't care about them because they don't play anything or their sport isn't a threat to your school, team or if your child will be the star of mediocrity.

This is why no one from Covington has posted. That guy just took the bait.

C-Town 21

Munford East 7

With the big Covington game just 10 hours away I would have thought more Covington people would have responded because it's been my experience that Covington fans love to voice thier views about how great thier chargers are. Maybe the charger faithful are a little concerned about tonight. I know the people and fans of Munford are tired of second fiddle and are ready to go up the road and take control of this series.

Well the reason there haven't been many covington fans talking on here is because they tend to do their talking on the field, which was the case tonite. I witnessed the game and it was a case of total domination by the Covington defense and superior speed by the Covington offense. I saw the stats and Covington racked up over 300 yds on offense while holding Munford to a mere 81. I think the bottom line was that the Covington team was highly motivated by the comments they have been hearing in this thread and came out tonite ready to take care of business. Good luck Chargers on the rest of your season

Well the reason there haven't been many covington fans talking on here is because they tend to do their talking on the field, which was the case tonite. I witnessed the game and it was a case of total domination by the Covington defense and superior speed by the Covington offense. I saw the stats and Covington racked up over 300 yds on offense while holding Munford to a mere 81. I think the bottom line was that the Covington team was highly motivated by the comments they have been hearing in this thread and came out tonite ready to take care of business. Good luck Chargers on the rest of your season

I heard at the game last night that Brighton has reported Munford and Wayne Randall to the TSSAA because of some of the players who have moved into the Munford area this year. How does a guy play the opening game of the season at Melrose, then end up playing for Munford the rest of the season?

Regardless of where they got their players, the Chargers did take care of business against Munford. I'd rather beat them than Brighton, because there is much more history with Munford.

The Covington Charger defense is for real. We have given up a couple of special teams touchdowns this year, but I believe that the defense is giving up less than a touchdown per game. The offense is getting the job done, but make no mistake, this team will go as far as the defense wil take them. I've only missed 3 Charger games since 1985, and this defense is about the best I've seen us put on the field during that time.

Over 300 yards of offense and only had 3 series in the first half. But you have to admit that the Munford band is great!

Covington played a great game my hats off to them. Friday night showed us that yes we've improved but to beat the Millingtons, Ripleys, and yes the Covingtons three teams that rank among the best in west Tennessee we must continue to work hard as a program and get better. Enjoy your victory you earned it, you beat us on the field in every way. I'm disappointed with the loss but pleased to see the program move in the right direction. Go Cougars!