jcs vs cak

usj vs cpa

ccs vs elizbethton/alcoa/catholic

D2

father ryan vs gps

st agnes vs brentwood academy

bga vs hutchison/braircrest/st mary's/st benedict

baylor vs ecs

I believe you've 'guessed' wrong on the D2 BGA opponent. There's another soccer team to contend with in the D2 West - St. George's (Collierville). They finished in 3rd place behind St. Agnes & ECS. They beat Hutchison, Briarcrest, St. Benedict and tied St. Mary's. Finishing with a 5-2-1 record in the region. Overall record 9-3-3. Only 3 starters graduate this year, so they should be a contender next year as well.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you've 'guessed' wrong on the D2 BGA opponent. There's another soccer team to contend with in the D2 West - St. George's (Collierville). They finished in 3rd place behind St. Agnes & ECS. They beat Hutchison, Briarcrest, St. Benedict and tied St. Mary's. Finishing with a 5-2-1 record in the region. Overall record 9-3-3. Only 3 starters graduate this year, so they should be a contender next year as well.

Please! The coach a St. Georges has done a very good job building the program there. The girls have made great progress. But please do not confuse a VERY DOWN D2 year in thwe West with St. Georges coming of age and being able to compete with the best teams in the state. IF they make it to Chatanooga they will be fortunate to stay within 5 goals of any team there.

St. Georges has had a very nice year. And they deserve to look forward to next year, but don't think they have reached a highly competitve level.

It would probably be a mistake to count out Notre Dame, who beat FRA 2-0 earlier in the season. CAK, Chatt Christian, and USJ all have a shot.

The next 2 1/2 weeks should be very exciting.

FRA has to get out of the District first....CPA will come to play tonight....and if last night taught us anything in Middle Tennessee it is that you better bring it every game in the tournament.....today there are a couple of very good teams that are done for the year! :)

Edited by flashgordon

[D2

father ryan vs gps

st agnes vs brentwood academy

bga vs hutchison/braircrest/st mary's/st benedict

baylor vs ecs

i agree with the rest of D2 except i think Father Ryan and BGA will be switched 1 and 2 respectively, i disagree with BA making it to state and St. Benedict will be third from their region

Interesting post since BA beat both Ryan and BGA head to head.

I have no idea what will happen this week but any one of the 4 could end up staying home. 4 very good teams that will end up beating each other up for the 3 spots in Chattanooga.

I hope you are wrong but at this point it is up to the girls to sort it out.

"Interesting post since BA beat both Ryan and BGA head to head. "

True, but then they turned around and lost convincingly to Ensworth 4-1, who by the way is quite a good little team....solid players and great coaching...watch out for them next year! IMHO, based on individual talent alone, BGA should finish 1st in thier region. However, as we all know, the best team on paper doesn't always win. Tuesday and Thursday's matches should all be close ones!

I agree with you about Ensworth, I have said that about them all year.

I don't know what they have coming up from the middle school, but they will be VERY dangerous when they get some depth.

I will make no excuses for our loss to them, you seem to forget that BGA lost to them too.

I guess that's why they play the games on grass and not on paper.

Edited by bapride

AAA

siegel over franklin

collierville over farragut

hendersonville over riverdale

houston over bearden

siegel over collierville

hendersonville over houston

siegel over hendersonville

AA/A

notre dame over fra

cak over jcs

usj over fairview

sweetwater over knox catholic

notre dame over cak

sweetwater over usj

notre dame over sweetwater

D2

bga over gps

st agnes over father ryan

BA over somebody out west

baylor over ecs

st agnes over bga

baylor over BA

st agnes over baylor

my only comment is in AAA hendersonville doesn't know how good they have it

according to the chattanoogan.com bracket which team on the right side is the strongest.

The way I see it, the region three runner up has a cake walk to the semifinals or even the championship.

No offense to the teams on the other side, just looking at previous performances.

I guess they will meet some of the other runner up teams from region 5 and region 2. (assuming they win on Saturday)

I see that Harpeth Hall is not getting any credit this year in D II, which I find interesting since every team we have played has said that we have one of the best overall teams in the state. Of course, I am a little biased since I am helping coach them. But, don't put Ryan in your brackets just yet. They are without their top scorer at 100% and BGA beat them 4-1 last night. We also took the number 3 team in the state to penalty kicks last night, who beat Ryan 1-0. I'm not saying we will be there, but just wanted to start a buzz and see why Harpeth Hall was being left out already.