Wk.6 Sullivan South @ TN HIGH

HiGipper

I couldn't believe the THS qb was still in late on Friday. I know he is a tuff kid and a great competitor, but he was getting beat up. it just seems like at that point they had bigger fish to fry as in south this friday. that was a hard htting game.

They put Mason in and on the very first play...fumble

Danny is pretty tough so I would expect him to be at again this Friday. :lol:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beleive Danny Thomas won the farthest throw in the Jamboree and I have seen him in practice and games and he can throw well.

Missed the Jamboree did Curt Phillips compete. He's good on accuracy just wondering how far he throws.

Curt didn't compete because of the shoulder. He won the competition as a sophmore last year.

Thomas is fine... Just a bloody nose and busted lip. Real tuff kid, went into game late with someone elses helmet (his broke) and cotton sticks in his nose. He is a competitor and I don't think he wanted anyone else on that field to finish the game. (Especially after the fumble) Should be a good match-up between 2 good QB's friday in the Castle! Not sure how good Curt can look against that Viking D, they are pretty awesome!

THS 35

SSHS 7

I have a question for South fans. I have been watching TN.HIGH the last several years and when this Senior group played as Freshmans South had a big powerful RB that was real good. My question is did he transfer or what

That would probably be Justin Dykes and/or Paul Wingfield. They are the current linebackers. Both seniors from Colonial Heights Middle. Jordan Kitzmiller was also previously a RB before migrating to WR also a senior from CHMS.

Edited by compusatman

Hey volman i love how you have been talking trash about me for the past 4 weeks and i would be at the game friday if i wasnt going on a church trip. I think Tenn High will dominate the O and D line. They were the most physical team we have played this year. Curt will do good but he will get hit to much to be comfortable. I say tenn high wins this one 28-7.

The Greatest 20 :lol:

Your The Man Volmanscott :thumb:

I'm suprised 20...you just earned some respect in my book

-#6-

You know…I think I have heard all the 05 Viking bashing that I can take! Yes they did have their issues but in know way does THIS YEARS Viking offense stack up to last years team. And if you’re a Viking fan, don’t take my word for it...Compare the stats!!! And those of you who think it’s the QB’s fault that we don’t pass the ball…think again. Danny has a strong arm and CAN throw the ball well. Put it this way…Coach Stubs knows what he’s working with and knows how to get the most out of it! And I think I’ll leave it at that…until this comes up again. :thumb:

Yes, the offense from 05' prolly was more "talented" than this yrs...but i dont think talent was the problem with the 05' "O"

VP

I'll give respect to both the teams and the fans. TN High has a consistently good program and South always brings something strong to the table as well.

That said, I just don't see some of the picks for this game. I will agree that TN High does have the advantage in this game, but I just don't see them winning by 3 or 4 touchdowns. It won't be that one sided of a game. 21 - 7, sure, 28-14, sure, it could go anyway.

And just so the TN High team doesn't get too overconfident, I have seen a TN High team beat an Elizabethton team by 30 points, which beat a Boone team by 40 points, which Beat a TN High team by 7 points.

I think this one will be closer than you guys think. Good luck to both teams and I hope everyone has an enjoyable Friday!

TN High's defense this year is the real deal. South can bet on this game being a lot more physical then their game with Johnson County, just ask any DB player. I expect Curt Phillips to come out ready to play, but a one man star is too easy to stop on the high school level, TN High's O will eat the clock and the Vikings will take back the MLC, 24-3...

Edited by ftball89

Looking forward to a good game Friday in the castle. I hear South has moved "two big kids" to their running backs to give Phillips better weapons there. Anybody know anything about that? Also, how is their center? The one who broke his leg a few weeks ago. I've heard he is done for the year and I've also heard he will be back for this one.

If DB game is close TH will talk about the missed opportunities, if it's a blowout TH will be licking their wounds either way I think it will be a big distraction week 6 and be hard to focus on the next game. South has 2 weeks w/ open date wk-5 to get ready. Should be a great game. If it wasn't in the Castle I would pick South but that makes it a toss-up. Turnovers will decide this game.

Last week is over and done. Trust me gip. The Vikings are laser focused on the Rebels and ready to take back the title.