Wk.6 Sullivan South @ TN HIGH

HiGipper

Who wins.....Tenn High does appear to be the better team but South has found a way lately to pull them out late...... Slowly becoming a rivalry game for south....what about Tenn High.... Who pulls this one out of the hat????

As far as the Vikings are concerned this IS A RIVALRY GAME. We respect the program and the job coach Carter, his staff, and the kids have become. Plus, we have played some close ballgames with South in the past few years. I think the game Friday night could be another in a line of classics with these two.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South was devistated by the DB loss. The pre-season hype, the All-State QB, the terrific LB's, able Wide Recievers, good RB's. They have sort of drifted through the wilderness until last week. I think they are out of the woods. Bristol...they think they beat DB except that the score was off a bit. They woke up Sunday morning and got on with it. They wasted very little grief on DB. South, is fortunate to have stumbled this far without falling off the cliff. They endured a ton of injuries to key positions...I know everybody has injuries, but they had more than their share. OK, maybe they asked for a few of them. Bristol regrouped and refocused very quickly. South had to go back through the fire. Is South ready? If not then they will never be. The timing was all in their favor. The "new" center...is a vetran, the "new" running backs...are vetrans. The "new" game plan...is not new. They know this is the Real McCoy. Curt Phillips quick strike capability...Bristol's dog-eat-dog mentality...might not be 5A but I wouldn't miss it for the world!

TH seems to have shook off the loss and I think deeep down they think, in a perfect storm type game.... no TO's for TH and normal game for DB maybe 1 or 2 TO's they could beat them. As crazy as it seems I think their confidence is up after this game I look for a good hard fought game. I still think TO's and key penalties will decide if South or the Vikings will be #1 seed for R1.

South was devistated by the DB loss. The pre-season hype, the All-State QB, the terrific LB's, able Wide Recievers, good RB's. They have sort of drifted through the wilderness until last week. I think they are out of the woods. Bristol...they think they beat DB except that the score was off a bit. They woke up Sunday morning and got on with it. They wasted very little grief on DB. South, is fortunate to have stumbled this far without falling off the cliff. They endured a ton of injuries to key positions...I know everybody has injuries, but they had more than their share. OK, maybe they asked for a few of them. Bristol regrouped and refocused very quickly. South had to go back through the fire. Is South ready? If not then they will never be. The timing was all in their favor. The "new" center...is a vetran, the "new" running backs...are vetrans. The "new" game plan...is not new. They know this is the Real McCoy. Curt Phillips quick strike capability...Bristol's dog-eat-dog mentality...might not be 5A but I wouldn't miss it for the world!

TN.HIGH too tough for South this year. THS wants this too much and wants to put a period on the end of it and they will. South has great talent but I have watched too much film of that and so has THS.

I still am going with my score:

THS 35

SSHS 14

South needs to get ready for the other conference games and settle for 2nd in the MLC.

TH seems to have shook off the loss and I think deeep down they think, in a perfect storm type game.... no TO's for TH and normal game for DB maybe 1 or 2 TO's they could beat them. As crazy as it seems I think their confidence is up after this game I look for a good hard fought game. I still think TO's and key penalties will decide if South or the Vikings will be #1 seed for R1.

Is this the "Fantasy Football Board" ?

Is this the "Fantasy Football Board" ?

It is the THS Football Board , but just the South Fantasy. I haven't heard much from the South fans and if they come in here it is with not much Confidence. I saw what DB did to them and ever since that BEATING they lost a little swagger and I am sure they will be on here to talk about our score was no better but we did have some positive yards and some good stops on D.

"Trash Talk makes Saturday through Thursday Bearable"

You know…I think I have heard all the 05 Viking bashing that I can take! Yes they did have their issues but in know way does THIS YEARS Viking offense stack up to last years team. And if you’re a Viking fan, don’t take my word for it...Compare the stats!!! And those of you who think it’s the QB’s fault that we don’t pass the ball…think again. Danny has a strong arm and CAN throw the ball well. Put it this way…Coach Stubs knows what he’s working with and knows how to get the most out of it! And I think I’ll leave it at that…until this comes up again. :thumb:

agreed!! <_<

agreed!! <_<

AMEN :thumb: You don't have to worry about Coach Stubbs because just when you think you have him figured out you better think again. He did a great job last year and is doing it again and you can beat your paycheck he has something up his sleeves for the rest of the season and against the Rebels.

THS confidence is way up after the DB game!!! Coach Stubbs was thrilled with the effort the kids gave him. He said it was probably the best quarter of football he has seen since at THS (yup that means 2004 too!) After the SHHS game he was discouraged with his players because of the poor effort they gave, even after a loss to DB he was probably happier with the kids than he has yet this year! If THS can put together that 1 quarter into 4 then they may be a team to be reconned with come playoffs! Also why is all this talk about Curt Phillips? THS has an entire offensive back-field instead of 1 person. That being Thomas, Strickland, Howard, and Baker. They are going to be the names called out most often this Friday, lets get some talk on them.

AMEN <_< You don't have to worry about Coach Stubbs because just when you think you have him figured out you better think again. He did a great job last year and is doing it again and you can beat your paycheck he has something up his sleeves for the rest of the season and against the Rebels.

How would you compare this year's defensive ends ( Bible and Dickerson) with those of '04 (Morton and Whitten)? Elijah Bible and Matt Dickerson are only juniors.

How would you compare this year's defensive ends ( Bible and Dickerson) with those of '04 (Morton and Whitten)? Elijah Bible and Matt Dickerson are only juniors.

Well I play with all for of these boys. I was a sofmore when Zack and Mo were there... And I tell you that they were both strong and had the attitude to go with it. On the other hand Bible and Dick are both technically sound, and both are fairly strong as well. They just need to learn to play more aggressive. As far as comparing them, I think that they both play well with the defence that they are a part of and thats all that matters.