Mo-East vs. Mo-West

randy3116

First, I want to comment on the field condition. I Have not been on it in several years now, but hear it is in horrible shape. Field turf would be the best solution for Hamblen Co.

East & West - Varsity, JV, Freshman, then you have East Ridge, Meadowview, Westview, Lincoln Heights, all calling Burke-Toney home. That is a crazy amount of play going down on that field. Please someone help these programs out. As someone mentioned before, Morristown per capita has the most millionaires in the state. You gotta think someone or several could contribute.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand West's QB Wild's father funded and built West High School's Brand new baseball stadium.. I just would like to see some action taken for these boys..

P.S.

East - 21

West - 24

West impressed me last week.. I'm a Hurricane through and through though fellas..

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I want to comment on the field condition. I Have not been on it in several years now, but hear it is in horrible shape. Field turf would be the best solution for Hamblen Co.

East & West - Varsity, JV, Freshman, then you have East Ridge, Meadowview, Westview, Lincoln Heights, all calling Burke-Toney home. That is a crazy amount of play going down on that field. Please someone help these programs out. As someone mentioned before, Morristown per capita has the most millionaires in the state. You gotta think someone or several could contribute.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand West's QB Wild's father funded and built West High School's Brand new baseball stadium.. I just would like to see some action taken for these boys..

P.S.

East - 21

West - 24

West impressed me last week.. I'm a Hurricane through and through though fellas..

How much money did they say they spent on the field last year?

P.S.

East - 21

West - 24

Why don't these other schools have fields? Is it because they don't have the space?

Which field bud, Burke Toney or West's Baseball field?

Burke Toney

East - 21

West - 24

I do not see the score being this close, but know that it is possible. It is nice to see a hurricane fan on the board. The fans have been strangely quite this year.

So hard to gage a West/East game. However, I see West winning in a big way. This team is playing as though they have something to prove and they want to do it against East. Of course, the same thing could be said for East, but too many coaching changes and fewer athletes will prove to be their undoing in this game.

I am very happy to see there is not a lot of trash talking on this thread. The TrojiCane game is always hotly contested before hand and usually lives up to the hype. There are some years there is a blow out but not many. I think as we get closer to the "Show down in Mo'town" there will be more and more on this thread.

IMO it will be a close game in the 1st half but the size of the Crimson Army will take it's toll in the 2nd half and West will cruise to a 36-14 win. The Canes are a good team and will be a good test. Hope the game is injury free and hope all the fans treat each other with respect. Remember this is the only time during the football season we are foes. The rest of the time we should be cheering and pulling for each other, we are all from Morristown/Hamblen County. I've seen a lot of talk in other threads about Region 1 5A not being that strong, maybe we should go back to 1 high school and move to 5A the Morristown TrojiCanes would be a force in Tennessee football.

Morristown West, you better get Morristown East now. Last year freshman team

went 8-0, this year team is 3-0 and the JV is 4-0. Morristown East has about

50 underclass man returning next year. ( #1 is only a JR) I think the Defense

has no senior starter. Should be a great game friday. East will need the offense

to play great. East's defense is just too young to stop Morristown West most of

the night. Few mistakes by West and great show from #1, we have a chance.

GO CANES!!!!!

has no senior starter. Should be a great game friday. East will need the offense

GO CANES!!!!!

Should be a good game. As for the next few years, Trojan freshmen are undefeated this year, the JV is undefeated 2-0(Volunteer & Cocke both cancelled) and I believe there will be 60~65 returning underclassmen next year, 3 of the 4 tailbacks are soph's. So it should be an exciting next few years for both West & East.

GO CANES!!!!!

What happens on the varsity level has very little to do with the Freshmen or JV team. Look at it this way: East Ridge, most of Meadowview, and part of Lincoln feed East. West View and Lincoln feed West. For the most part the only schools with winning teams were Lincoln and Meadowview. I know, as does everyone else, there are quality athletes at East Ridge and West View. The point being that East has a greater chance of getting qualilty athletes from the middle schools than West. Also, East has a larger student population, which should translate into larger teams, but does not.

The main difference is coaching. I am not saying East has not had good or even great coaches. I mean everyone at West has bought into the Don Woods system, the fans, the supporters, the students, and the players. Everyone believes in the team and their ability and they have not disappointed us in many years. When the same people buy into the East program and the numbers reach the West level, then East will be the program they can be and be a rival for the region championship.

For an example, I look at the baseball program at East. Doug Rines has made a difference to that team. He is getting the quality athletes to play and is making them better. East is a big headache to all the teams they face on the Diamond.

I hope that Hatcher has the same effect on the football program. There is no doubt in my mind that Morristown could handle two region powerhouses and I would love to see one of us beat Maryville and go to state.