Mo-East vs. Mo-West

randy3116

East has a pretty decent passing game as well. They are a solid team, no doubt about that. In my opinion they only pass to keep you honest and when time is a factor, but I've only seen one game ( when they beat Volunteer ). They didn't need to pass much in that game. West has solid linebackers and the inside running shouldn't be a factor. As far as their defense they have a pretty good secondary, front line is solid but not overpowering. Having seen both teams once I probably am not the most reliable source of info but I have to say West is the favorite but East is definitely capable of the upset.

Good luck to both teams. If I lived in Morristown I wouldn't miss this one. I hope the injured East players are okay as well.

think your rite west fav east gets a break or 2 could be real great game ive been wondering all year when east is gonna open up offence and throw if they do that might be a game if not west by 14

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, East can not be one dimensional in this game. West definately has the athletes to contain "#1 wing back" for the canes..Fine tune that passing O this week fellas. Of course this is the game where I want to see the Hurricanes put it all together and bring the city championship home..West looks solid. Good luck out there fellas

I really want to bring up an ugly issue, but still it needs to be said.

At one time Hamblen Co. had more millionairs per capita than any other county in Tennessee, yet they have to share a stadium. Most fields have monday-JV games, Thursday-freshman, Saturday youth leagues, and friday home games. East and West both play on this as home games so the field never gets a rest. It is time for the people of Hamblen Co. to build another stadium for West, so East can have thier own field.

I really want to bring up an ugly issue, but still it needs to be said.

At one time Hamblen Co. had more millionairs per capita than any other county in Tennessee, yet they have to share a stadium. Most fields have monday-JV games, Thursday-freshman, Saturday youth leagues, and friday home games. East and West both play on this as home games so the field never gets a rest. It is time for the people of Hamblen Co. to build another stadium for West, so East can have thier own field.

I agree, but I don't see it happening. Hamblen County/Morristown isn't going to spend the money to build a football stadium.

Think what West's program would be like if they didn't play all there games on the "road"

I agree, but I don't see it happening. Hamblen County/Morristown isn't going to spend the money to build a football stadium.

Think what West's program would be like if they didn't play all there games on the "road"

If not a new stadium, what about upgrades to Burke-Toney? Artificial turf is not getting any cheaper and it's my understanding that the school system and both schools were looking into a field similar to the one at Carson-Newman at a relatively affordable price. It would be a great investment not only for the two high schools, but the community in general with the number of games (football and soccer) that are played on that field.

Also, what about the possiblity of play-clocks? Seems like a low cost upgrade to the current system.

Any thoughts or comments from someone better informed?

If not a new stadium, what about upgrades to Burke-Toney? Artificial turf is not getting any cheaper and it's my understanding that the school system and both schools were looking into a field similar to the one at Carson-Newman at a relatively affordable price. It would be a great investment not only for the two high schools, but the community in general with the number of games (football and soccer) that are played on that field.

Also, what about the possiblity of play-clocks? Seems like a low cost upgrade to the current system.

Any thoughts or comments from someone better informed?

Your suggestions are great! It would be fantastic to see the field upgraded to meet the current usage needs. However, if you want to see Morristown in action, just look behind the Talley Ward building. Does anyone who uses the football field want anyone involved with Sherwood messing with the field? Lets face it, a field in poor condition is better than no field at all. I realize Sherwood is Park and Rec, but I am sure they would be willing to help at Burke Toney. In any event, the upgrades to make the field safe and usable by all involved would pay off in the long run. I am certain that resodding each summer is going to be more costly than turf, much less the constant repair that has to happen after every game. It is time to look at the rate of return and not only the up front cost.

Play clocks at both ends would be great.

Mo.West-42

Mo.East-14

I hope your score is correct and believe it can be. The West/West game has given me a better idea about the team and their ability to work together. Knox was very quick, but we seemed much more physical. I do not think East has the number of fast athletes that Knox had, but I will not sell them sort. Dockery is one of the best backs I have seen in a long time. Ramsey is versatile and seems very capable of running their "new" offense. If for no other reason that it being East vs West it will be a tough game.

I would like to see a 42 to 14 game, but do not think it will be quite that bad. I think it will be closer to 21 to 14 (perhaps 17), if the offense plays like West did against Knox West. If we make no mistakes, then the 42 may not be enough.

Looking forward to the game. I hope this is a quick week.

Your suggestions are great! It would be fantastic to see the field upgraded to meet the current usage needs. However, if you want to see Morristown in action, just look behind the Talley Ward building. Does anyone who uses the football field want anyone involved with Sherwood messing with the field? Lets face it, a field in poor condition is better than no field at all. I realize Sherwood is Park and Rec, but I am sure they would be willing to help at Burke Toney. In any event, the upgrades to make the field safe and usable by all involved would pay off in the long run. I am certain that resodding each summer is going to be more costly than turf, much less the constant repair that has to happen after every game. It is time to look at the rate of return and not only the up front cost.

Play clocks at both ends would be great.

I agree about the Sherwood fiasco. What a waste of time and money. Lee, you're correct about the rate of return - the field was reportedly resodded and after the rain the week before the the Volunteer game (I think it was that one :lol: ) the only decent spots on the field were OUTSIDE the hash-marks. I wonder if anyone has looked at the possibility of a refund :thumb: . The field's draining system is questionable as well - just take a look at both sidelines, particularly the home side.

I would think the school system would want to have better representation for two teams that make consistent respectable showings in Region II and beyond.

I agree about the Sherwood fiasco. What a waste of time and money. Lee, you're correct about the rate of return - the field was reportedly resodded and after the rain the week before the the Volunteer game (I think it was that one :thumb: ) the only decent spots on the field were OUTSIDE the hash-marks. I wonder if anyone has looked at the possibility of a refund :lol: . The field's draining system is questionable as well - just take a look at both sidelines, particularly the home side.

I would think the school system would want to have better representation for two teams that make consistent respectable showings in Region II and beyond.

I did ask about drainage and was told it was redone when they leveled the field two summers ago. However, I do not know how accurate that information is.

An interesting point, the broadcasters on WMAK were saying that Burke Toney was a fanastic place for football. They felt the stadium had a small college feel to it. This of course has nothing to do with the field per se, but it should make the powers that be more interested in reparing/replacing the grass.

I agree about the Sherwood fiasco. What a waste of time and money. Lee, you're correct about the rate of return - the field was reportedly resodded and after the rain the week before the the Volunteer game (I think it was that one :lol: ) the only decent spots on the field were OUTSIDE the hash-marks. I wonder if anyone has looked at the possibility of a refund :o . The field's draining system is questionable as well - just take a look at both sidelines, particularly the home side.

I did ask about drainage and was told it was redone when they leveled the field two summers ago. However, I do not know how accurate that information is.

An interesting point, the broadcasters on WMAK were saying that Burke Toney was a fanastic place for football. They felt the stadium had a small college feel to it. This of course has nothing to do with the field per se, but it should make the powers that be more interested in reparing/replacing the grass.