Alcoa Coaches

wheredaat.com

Something that happened last week during the Alcoa vs. Fulton Freshman game that I feel needs to be discussed/exposed and ultimately addressed:

Late in the first quarter, Fulton’s freshmen were up 8-0 and Alcoa’s starting QB was injured. Alcoa then puts their starting freshman tailback at quarterback. This backup quarterback for the most part looked confused and was ineffective for two plays. Minutes later, a player emerges from Alcoa’s locker-room, sprints down from behind the stadium, to the sidelines and enters the game. The player was a very good dual threat athlete, who ultimately played an instrumental role in Alcoa’s come back win (14-8) in overtime.

There was also talk by the Alcoa chain gang that Alcoa was playing 4-5 JV players in the contest.

As a loyal fan and follower of high school football, I feel that these forms of bad sportsmanship and blatant cheating undermine the spirit of competition and fair play, and should not be allowed or tolerated. Furthermore, such acts teach our young men and women that if they do face adversity, difficulty or hardship in life, that it is ok to break the rules and lower your standards.

Give me your insights to this issue!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all you would need a name and a number to make an assertion like that Sir. Without any real proof you have little to go on IMO. If this did occur and all the kids dressing were not freshman, then it would be an issue your Coach and AD should address with the other teams AD. Just my opinion.

By the way why did you wait so long to cry foul?

Edited by FBEmeritus

First of all you would need a name and a number to make an assertion like that Sir. Without any real proof you have little to go on IMO. If this did occur and all the kids dressing were not freshman, then it would be an issue your Coach and AD should address with the other teams AD. Just my opinion.

Does Alcoa have enough p;ayers for a freshmen team?

Your statements are ridiculous...Sir!

How in the world would I have a name for a player from the opposing JV team? And Alcoa plays in practice jerseys, so there is no way of knowing if numbers are correct...besides it was a freshman game.

The facts are that the player in question came from the locker-room, so I can only assume that he was not on the freshman team.

Why does it matter how long it took for me to "cry foul?" I didnt realize there was a statute of limitations on these sort of things?

true we did have to put in a jv player for our QB's injury but i dont thik it mattered both of the touchdowns were scored by our freshman #89 that saved us in overtime is a freshman even though hes bigger and more talented than most of us on the team and #26 or 29 that scored the first touchdown was also a freshman and we only had 2 more sophomores played but never started or played very much. You act like we blantantly cheated just to win but we had to finish the game and its not like Fulton's team players werent acting very appropriate, some would just cuss at me just for blocking them and overall just had a bad attitude torwards us just for playing the game. I don't think that us putting in a jv QB detemined the winnig factors of Alcoa's victory... so stink it up and wait till next year

Your statements are ridiculous...Sir!

How in the world would I have a name for a player from the opposing JV team? And Alcoa plays in practice jerseys, so there is no way of knowing if numbers are correct...besides it was a freshman game.

The facts are that the player in question came from the locker-room, so I can only assume that he was not on the freshman team.

Why does it matter how long it took for me to "cry foul?" I didnt realize there was a statute of limitations on these sort of things?

Ridiculous? I think not. How else would you be ale to id a player? Just because a kid came out of the locker room does not mean he is a ringer. Maybe he had to go to the can!

Airing this issue here was ridiculous in the first place. Take it up with your AD or Coach, it's not like you lost a semi-final game to the state championship. There is no statute of limitations on posts, but really what harm was done.

By the way what does locker room monitor pay these days?

:thumb:

Bottom line here guys is that Alcoa cheated and there was not an even playing field. If they wanted to play JV players then we should have played another JV game and gave Alcoa another "L".

If you are going to play sophomores, the coaches should have had the decency to tell the Fulton coaches that was what they were doing. Fulton could have easily brought our Sophomore QB and it would not have been a game. If our starting QB had been injured, we would have just had to plug in an inexperienced player and rolled with it. You can’t just pick and choose what rules you are going to abide and follow.

What kind of freshman team fills in with JV players at spots that they are weak in...This is just classless.

And to say that he made no difference is ridiculous...he made all the difference in the world. He brought a new dimension to your team with the constant play action and his running ability. There were other players (#44 to name a few) that came in at critical times of the game, like 4th down and short or in overtime, that were able to cause problems...did they not also make a difference.

I can believe you guys are on here defending this blatant attempt to cheat and misrepresentation on the playing field. Why play the game if you aren’t going to play it fairly. What are they teaching the freshman at Alcoa by doing this? This was just classless...bottom line!!!

FBEmeritus: Shouldn't you be on some other thread defending alleged recruiting violations? You are just showing your ineptness and your incompetence!!

true we did have to put in a jv player for our QB's injury but i dont thik it mattered both of the touchdowns were scored by our freshman #89 that saved us in overtime is a freshman even though hes bigger and more talented than most of us on the team and #26 or 29 that scored the first touchdown was also a freshman and we only had 2 more sophomores played but never started or played very much. You act like we blantantly cheated just to win but we had to finish the game and its not like Fulton's team players werent acting very appropriate, some would just cuss at me just for blocking them and overall just had a bad attitude torwards us just for playing the game. I don't think that us putting in a jv QB detemined the winnig factors of Alcoa's victory... so stink it up and wait till next year

Son...who do think threw the football to 89 and 29...yeah, your JV quarterback.

Yeah, he made no difference in the outcome....that's why they didnt leave the starting tailback in the game. It was because the Alcoa coaches didnt think the QB position would make a difference in the game...yeah right!!!!

Before the non-freshman QB came into the game Fulton was up 8-0 and the ball stayed on Alcoa's side of the field. After he came in, field position changed dramatically. Your backup FRESHMAN Qb just took the snap and ran a bootleg for a loss for 2 plays. That was real effective!!!

And I love your response "We cheated and won, so just stink it up and wait until next year." Your and idiot!!!

Why dont we just allow graduated seniors to come back to play for the Varsity, if your starting QB is injured, or if you have holes to fill on the team. What's the difference?!?!

Edited by wheredaat.com

Both of my boys played against Alcoa as freshmen and we knew that some of the players for Alcoa were J.V. because Alcoa cound not field a full freshman team.The coaches did not mind , parents did not mind and the players did not mind it was just a chance to play.So saying that is cheating isn`t fair to the kids or coaches that love football and just want to play and have fun. :thumb:

Both of my boys played against Alcoa as freshmen and we knew that some of the players for Alcoa were J.V. because Alcoa cound not field a full freshman team.The coaches did not mind , parents did not mind and the players did not mind it was just a chance to play.So saying that is cheating isn`t fair to the kids or coaches that love football and just want to play and have fun. :thumb:

Did they mind sharing that information with the Fulton coaches or players, I'm sure that they would have wanted that small piece of information. Maybe before they loaded the buses, so they could have brought their JV ringers.

This had nothing to do with playing and having fun...this had to do with winning at all costs and cheating. The freshman coaches and the freshman players that work hard week in and week out were the ones cheated!!!

Edited by wheredaat.com

Did they mind sharing that information with the Fulton coaches or players, I'm sure that they would have wanted that small piece of information. Maybe before they loaded the buses, so they could have brought their JV ringers.

This had nothing to do with playing and having fun...this had to do with winning at all costs and cheating. The freshman coaches and the freshman players that work hard week in and week out were the ones cheated!!!

You know what, it isn't all about winning at any cost. The last couple years Alcoa has had trouble fielding a whole freshman team, and from my knowledge it was usually a combination of Freshman and JV. Now what are these games for, getting players experience right, and giving them a chance to play. What good would it do for the freshman tailback to get experience at a position he is not meant to do, such as QB, where does that benefit the tailback, where the JV qb got some experience. Yes, in your mind it was classless, but is it possible that the Alcoa coaches felt it more neccesary to get a JV QB experience at QB rather than a Freshman RB experience at QB. They were filling in for an injured player. If Fulton was a smaller school without adequate freshman QB's, you would not find me complaining that they put in a JV QB as opposed to a running back. Hey, maybe guarding a JV QB will help your freshman team. You just want to complain about losing a freshman game, would you complain if Alcoa lost, probably not. GET OVER IT, when was this game anyway, why now.