Gallatin 5-0 vs Antioch 3-2

GWAVE1

This game has been a slobberknocker for the last couple of years. The last 2 years this clash has seen more big hits than I can ever remember in any game. Antioch brings in a very good defense and a high octane offense while Gallatin has had some offensive woes and a tremendious defense that has only surrendered 2 tds the entire year. Antioch has a lot to prove and this year Gallatin comes to their place. Antioch also has lost the last 2 games and has played some stellar competition. Gallatin got a little banged up this past week and didn't look great against a 1-4 Wilson Central team. Look for a low scoring affair with the past 2 games going in Gallatin's favor 12-7 and 7-0. Big region implications with this one. What about it.....

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a tough one. Antioch will have enough weapons to score, possibly the most against GHS.

The question is how good is Antioch's defense? If they are no better than the teams GHS has played so far then Gallatin wins. If they are the best D we've faced, then this could be a nail biter.

The Gallatin offense has to be more consistent. I think a little ( and I stress little) part of it is play calling. I don't think it has been bad, but I do question some of the formations used in certain situations.

I'll close with this and hopefully the kids will hear me.

STOP IT WITH THE TURNOVERS!!!! YOUR DEFENSE IS GREAT, JUST HOLD ONTO THE DANG BALL!!!!!!!!!

My real concern with this game is the way the O has playing the last 3 weeks. If they wait until the 3rd quarter to start moving the ball against Antioch Gallatin could be in for a tougher game than it already will be. Antioch has been the BIG game for Gallatin since going to region 5 a few years ago. Will be a big region game. Hope the D can contain that high powered O that Antioch is running now.

Gallatin continues to roll Gallatin 28 Antioch 6

Unless the defense scores that many point, Gallatin will not put up a lot of pts against Antioch. Against Hillsboro's potent air attack, da Bears shut them down. Antioch has had real legit teams facing Gallatin the past three years, this team will fit into that category because they add that dimension that those other teams didn't; they can throw the ball. Load the line if you want too, they will kill you on the pass. I take Antioch to defend home turf in a tight game 17-14

Unless the defense scores that many point, Gallatin will not put up a lot of pts against Antioch. Against Hillsboro's potent air attack, da Bears shut them down. Antioch has had real legit teams facing Gallatin the past three years, this team will fit into that category because they add that dimension that those other teams didn't; they can throw the ball. Load the line if you want too, they will kill you on the pass. I take Antioch to defend home turf in a tight game 17-14

This is my biggest concern of the game. How will our DB's respond to the Air Bear attack?

This is my biggest concern of the game. How will our DB's respond to the Air Bear attack?

The Care Bear attack? Oh, Air Bear.

They'll be fine. They might get caught off gaurd the first series or two, but they will make the adjustments they need to and plug along. Pressure is the key. Very few high school QBs make good decisions under pressure.

The Care Bear attack? Oh, Air Bear.

They'll be fine. They might get caught off gaurd the first series or two, but they will make the adjustments they need to and plug along. Pressure is the key. Very few high school QBs make good decisions under pressure.

Yeah the front 7 will have to do a great job getting to the QB. I would expect them to do a lot of roll out passes with the way the front 7 play.