Sheffield (4-1) @ Lexington (4-1)

montague1

Two 4-1 teams square of Friday night in Lexington. Sheffield almost stopped Lexington's undefeated season last year, and went on to the playoffs and upset a great team. They are always known for having a ton of athletes with great speed, and this year they are off to a great start, losing only to a very good Memphis Fairly team. Lexington starts 6 sophomores on defense and it makes me wonder if the youthful Tigers can run with the Knights. I know the Lexington coaching staff will put a great game plan together and I'm hoping our young group can execute it agianst a dangerous team like Sheffield. Whats everyones thoughts?

I'm picking Lexington by 3.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, my guess is the people from Lexington, I could be wrong though. Maybe the people in 6-3A, but you never know. I'm sure everybody will be watching Ripley get torn apart by Crockett County, after all thats the game of the week. Right?

Don't know about that. As a Crockett county fan, this game (Crockett at Ripley) has me worried.

Edited by crockettfan

Don't know about that. As a Crockett county fan, this game (Crockett at Ripley) has me worried.

Worried???? Maybe.........but im definatly confident in our squad. I believe that this will be a good game but i still believe our cavs will come out on top. After all i do not think that Ripley has faced a team with the potent Offense that the cavs possess. Their defense may be good but we will see how good they are this friday when they face of in Ripley. Go Cavs!

Two 4-1 teams square of Friday night in Lexington. Sheffield almost stopped Lexington's undefeated season last year, and went on to the playoffs and upset a great team. They are always known for having a ton of athletes with great speed, and this year they are off to a great start, losing only to a very good Memphis Fairly team. Lexington starts 6 sophomores on defense and it makes me wonder if the youthful Tigers can run with the Knights. I know the Lexington coaching staff will put a great game plan together and I'm hoping our young group can execute it agianst a dangerous team like Sheffield. Whats everyones thoughts?

I'm picking Lexington by 3.

Nope........sheffield has faced better teams and have won. Their only loss coming against Fairly(4a Powerhouse this year). Sheffield will win this one by 14!!!

Nope........sheffield has faced better teams and have won. Their only loss coming against Fairly(4a Powerhouse this year). Sheffield will win this one by 14!!!

The way I look at it, neither team has beat anybody with more than 2 wins. I don't see anybody on Sheffield has beaten thats better than Lexington and vice versa.

I have no clue whos gonna win. I remember last year we had a rough time in the second half with their QB( that was with kevis and deberry).We just got Blake Smith back from the concussion against Humbolt, but lost Derrick Sims to a concussion against Chester Co. Looks like this may be another tough Homecoming.

I have no clue whos gonna win. I remember last year we had a rough time in the second half with their QB( that was with kevis and deberry).We just got Blake Smith back from the concussion against Humbolt, but lost Derrick Sims to a concussion against Chester Co. Looks like this may be another tough Homecoming.

Lexington led 24-22 in the middle of the 3rd quarter. The had a good drive to the 25 of Sheffield, but then got a false start and 3 holding penalties in a row. Sheffield got the ball to start the 4th and turned it on. That team has some serious speed. Sheffield won 40-24

Edited by montague1