Walker Valley at Rhea County

sportsfan23

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year Rhea County won 61 to 2. Walker Valley is searching for an offensive idenity. What are some predictions?

Rhea needs to bounce back after giving up some many yards on the ground last friday, and Walker Valley should be a good team to do that to. Luckly McMinn wasn't a Region game so really no big deal there, we just need to keep winning in the Region. Rhea Wins Big

Just when I finally jumped on the defense bandwagon look what happened. I'm telling you guys when we play a bigger more physical team like that the three man line is well DUMB! Yes we've played against a couple of really good running backs but heck I could run for 100 yards when your making first contact 4 to 5 yards down the field. We are allowing backs to get going and tackling by dragging them down not by stopping them before they get going. And I really don't understand why that Capps boy only plays, luckily, half the game on D. He is about the only one on the D line that has made plays in every game and he's always getting into the back field. Sorry just venting a little. This should be a week to cure some ills and hopefully build some confidence back in the O line. We need to big weeks before Red. and Clev. RCHS 38 WV 0.

Just when I finally jumped on the defense bandwagon look what happened. I'm telling you guys when we play a bigger more physical team like that the three man line is well DUMB! Yes we've played against a couple of really good running backs but heck I could run for 100 yards when your making first contact 4 to 5 yards down the field. We are allowing backs to get going and tackling by dragging them down not by stopping them before they get going. And I really don't understand why that Capps boy only plays, luckily, half the game on D. He is about the only one on the D line that has made plays in every game and he's always getting into the back field. Sorry just venting a little. This should be a week to cure some ills and hopefully build some confidence back in the O line. We need to big weeks before Red. and Clev. RCHS 38 WV 0.

unless you are willing to coach or play you need to keep your degrading comments to yourself!!

Don't know where you get my comments were degrading! The scheme is BAD against a more physical team like McMinn and Ooltewah. Thats the facts and as they say " the proofs in the pudding". And let me tell ya this you will not find anyone with more pride and dedication to RCHS. Defense wins championships don't care what anyone says. Back in the day when Horton was around NOBODY and I mean NOBODY ran over us like that ever. If my comments upset you well thay upset me too but the facts are what they are and you can bury your head in the sand all day but it won't change anything. As far as coaching I can tell ya this if someone is running the ball down my throat all night long I believe I would change my play calling a little bit. RECKON? But hey thats just dumb O me.

Don't know where you get my comments were degrading! The scheme is BAD against a more physical team like McMinn and Ooltewah. Thats the facts and as they say " the proofs in the pudding". And let me tell ya this you will not find anyone with more pride and dedication to RCHS. Defense wins championships don't care what anyone says. Back in the day when Horton was around NOBODY and I mean NOBODY ran over us like that ever. If my comments upset you well thay upset me too but the facts are what they are and you can bury your head in the sand all day but it won't change anything. As far as coaching I can tell ya this if someone is running the ball down my throat all night long I believe I would change my play calling a little bit. RECKON? But hey thats just dumb O me.

yah as far as coaching when everyone else abandoned fitzgerald stepped in for us we have a great defense we just had an off night. and im glad ur a dedicated fan.

Inorder for the the 3-5 defense to work, you have to blitz every play. Dobyns Bennett runs this defense and is very good at it. They blitz every play. If you play base defense running a 3-5 you will not be able to a downhill running game like McMinn and Ooltewah. Rhea will handle WV easily. WV is horrible.... Losing to Bradley like that.. Come on!