HOW BOUT THEM SKYHAWKS

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long do you think it will be before a bigger school comes in and lures Simpson away from UT-Martin...I'll tell you right now,Tennessee would be well served to look at UT Martin line coach Geep Wade..Steve Adkins really isn't getting it done at UT...Wade was a graduate assistant at UT the year they beat Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl and is widely considered one of the bright young line coaches around....

I am still heartbroken over the loss on Saturday, I sat in the stands for 30 minutes after the game wondering what went wrong.

Well I say we have 2-3 more years with Simpson at the helm of the Skyhawks. If he continues to have success here, then I think someone will give him an offer he can't refuse. UTM is going to have to upgrade their facilities and make a commitment to the program for him to stay long term.

I hope we don't lose our line coach, but if he goes to UT then good for him. I love seeing young coaches get an opportunity and I hope I get that one day.

I am still heartbroken over the loss on Saturday, I sat in the stands for 30 minutes after the game wondering what went wrong.

Well I say we have 2-3 more years with Simpson at the helm of the Skyhawks. If he continues to have success here, then I think someone will give him an offer he can't refuse. UTM is going to have to upgrade their facilities and make a commitment to the program for him to stay long term.

I hope we don't lose our line coach, but if he goes to UT then good for him. I love seeing young coaches get an opportunity and I hope I get that one day.

I'm hoping that with former Union City Tornado head coach Randy Barnes the director of football operations at UTM he will get some of the upgrading done at the school...He made Union City and it's facilities into some of the best in the state..He wants only the best for his alma mater....

If UTM is going to committ to upgrading their athletics, then it's going to have to start with the alumni. But are the alumni willing to commit to it? I don't know, but UTM has always been more of a suitcase college, and I'm not sure there is enough UTM bloob running through it's graduates to pony up. I hope I am wrong, because I'd love to see them become a 1-AA power.

If UTM is going to committ to upgrading their athletics, then it's going to have to start with the alumni. But are the alumni willing to commit to it? I don't know, but UTM has always been more of a suitcase college, and I'm not sure there is enough UTM bloob running through it's graduates to pony up. I hope I am wrong, because I'd love to see them become a 1-AA power.

I don't know about blood,but money is not a problem....