Silverdale vs. Temple

oldtimeballer63

Silverdale Seahawks will lose by 35 to a team with good speed and discipline for a small team.

On the note of recruiting... all recruiting does is let everyone know that the coaches know they can't win without cheating, and then it makes it that much sweeter when the public schools out-scheme, out-work, and out-play teams that should win because of their cheating ways.

I am not making any accusations but stating my honest opinion of when schools knowingly do so. This is how rivalries get started. After all before Akins took over at Boyd, S.P. owned the Bucs on a yearly basis and beat them by 60 like the rest of their region foes. Regardless of whether Akins recruited the players or not(I am guessing every Marion county team would have an opinion on this) the fact that home grown kids played for Boyd made it a rivalry.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish you guys would quit twisting my words and quit talking about the best coach. He does not recruit and he didn't say anything bad about Temple players. Just let him do his job getting us ready to play Temple.

I guess that's why there are 6 great athletes standing on the sidelines, who just "miraculously" showed up on the campus of the mighty Silverdale Baptist Academy. Yeah that happens all the time???? Everyone knows that Allen is recruiting, and the TSSAA will catch him, it isn't as easy to cheat in Tennessee as it is in Georgia. But again, the game will take care of itself. Temple will be ready to play and will take care of business.

Temple is way overrated, and I see them taking a plunge toward the end of the season.

I watched this team play, and they seem sloppy.

That being said, Temple advances to 6-0, but I don't expect this streak to continue.

Whereas I disagree that they are overrated I agree that against valley they were sloppy- however consider this

4 turnover IN THE FIRST HALF- one should have been a touchdown but the fumble went into the endzone for a touchback for valley- the other was an int on valley's 3 yard line which temple was about to score again- the other was on a drive, temple was on valley's 20 and fumbled. and they still won by 20 pts. WITHOUT their leading rusher (RIDLEY- who has over 400 yrds rushing in the last 2 games!) who is also one of their best linebackers....

sloppy 1st half valley-yes - overrated -I disagree

Edited by IOWNYOU149

I really wish you guys would quit twisting my words and quit talking about the best coach. He does not recruit and he didn't say anything bad about Temple players. Just let him do his job getting us ready to play Temple.

I asked the coaches at Temple what Allen supposedly said and a some things need to be communicated.

First, the temple coaches think its funny, they are not as upset as some folks on here might be.

Second, Allen DID say some things in the negative about some Temple players, but give him some credit, he at least said it to the Temple coaches...so you can't say he was talking trash behind their backs!

Third, John has been in the game a long time, he knows how to win the physical and the mental part of football, and not just in the present but for the future as well.

Fourth, you might think it is foolish for him to call Josh Smith lazy and unathletic, or to say that Seth Skogen is undisciplined and we will run right at him, but John thinks somehow he is giving himself an advantage to make such comments. I don't get it, why tick off temples two best players, BUT John is not stupid, he knows what he is doing.

AND, I am afraid that whoever it is defending Allen, that he didn't say things like that, is just simply wrong. But again, he knows how to win, and he will turn Silverdale into a winning program, whether you like his "methods" or not, just wait and see.

I asked the coaches at Temple what Allen supposedly said and a some things need to be communicated.

First, the temple coaches think its funny, they are not as upset as some folks on here might be.

Second, Allen DID say some things in the negative about some Temple players, but give him some credit, he at least said it to the Temple coaches...so you can't say he was talking trash behind their backs!

Third, John has been in the game a long time, he knows how to win the physical and the mental part of football, and not just in the present but for the future as well.

Fourth, you might think it is foolish for him to call Josh Smith lazy and unathletic, or to say that Seth Skogen is undisciplined and we will run right at him, but John thinks somehow he is giving himself an advantage to make such comments. I don't get it, why tick off temples two best players, BUT John is not stupid, he knows what he is doing.

AND, I am afraid that whoever it is defending Allen, that he didn't say things like that, is just simply wrong. But again, he knows how to win, and he will turn Silverdale into a winning program, whether you like his "methods" or not, just wait and see.

Very well said. It just doesn't make sense to me to call out two of the best players in the area. I mean ask any of the people who know the Chattanooga area football and they will tell you that they are two of the top players. But I guess Allan knows what he is doing by calling them out, I just don't see how this is going to help his team this year. And they better not even think about just focusing on those two players because as Temple has proven, they have other players who can beat you.