RIVERDALE vs. SMYRNA

SCN08FearTheSpear

Sorry

that is always the company line but I guarantee you they have won this so many time in row ( and they all will tell you the exact number if you ask) that realistically they think it will be a walk in the park as does everyone else not associated with smyrna

read the post on her no one and I mean no one on here thinks smyrna has a chance period.

hey thats fine I sorta like the no one outside this locker room gives you a chance

in this game.

have no idea what the outcome will be but at least Smyrna has enough talent to be in the hunt.

Now there is a difference in being confident in yourself to win the game and not thinking it isnt going to be a game i think we will win the game but i know we better play RIVERDALE football to beat you and if we do play RIVERDALE football i think we win by 21 if we take you lightly we will or can lose

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dare_2_dream

why do ppl not thin smyrna has a chance i mean the big dogs were picked number 1 in the region one of the top in state i mean so u tell me ???

They dont live up to their hype, as always.

Only thing I know is that R'dale can NOT be handing Smyrna the gifts we gave to WC and expect to win. We fumble half as much in this game and Smyrna will send us home a loser.

While I 'think' R'dale will win, it will not be an easy game. Too much bad blood between these two programs for either of us to take the other lightly.

I also 'think' part of the problem is Smyrna has put too much emphasis on Coach Rankin leaving this spring. Yes he was a good Coach, it was the kids on the field actually making the plays and winning the games.

BTW Cat it is 75 region games in a row as of last Friday. :thumb:

Sorry

that is always the company line but I guarantee you they have won this so many time in row ( and they all will tell you the exact number if you ask) that realistically they think it will be a walk in the park as does everyone else not associated with smyrna

read the post on her no one and I mean no one on here thinks smyrna has a chance period.

hey thats fine I sorta like the no one outside this locker room gives you a chance

in this game.

have no idea what the outcome will be but at least Smyrna has enough talent to be in the hunt.

every single time i think smyrna has a chance, we still win comfortably, even blowing you guys out at times...like in 2004 for example, 55-20 at half, 65-20 final score. so yea, i really doubt smyrna, and it will probably remain that way as long as shadowens is the coach. a win by smyrna would be a complete suprise to me and many others.

so really your right, i cant and wont speak for every riverdale fan of course but i think smyrna is just a big bunch of PRETENDERS who choke against the CONTENDERS. your the one who says every preseason "Riverdale is king of the hill and it will remain that way until someone knocks them off," and your exactly right and it will remain that way i believe, now and in the forseeable future atleast :lol:

i wont sugar coat a darn thing, smyrna hates us, we hate smyrna, this rivalry is ALIVE :thumb:

EDIT: well, i say "this rivalry is alive," but the annual battle of the boro against oakland, a rivalry many have considered to be lopsided and dead (or atleast hibernating), but oakland has played riverdale within 4 or less points of what smryna has played us for the past three seasons (regular season), and prior to that even played riverdale alot closer than smyrna dating back to 2001 (even beat us in 2000, but we didnt play smyrna that year so cant compare that one).

maybe i should take back that statement about "this rivalry is alive" ??? regardless, riverdales rivals havent shown us much competition in recent years, maybe that will change though, maybe. im expecting oakland to play us closer this year, but for smyrna i think it will be the same story, still a 20+ point spread :D

Edited by tdntn

every single time i think smyrna has a chance, we still win comfortably, even blowing you guys out at times...like in 2004 for example, 55-20 at half, 65-20 final score. so yea, i really doubt smyrna, and it will probably remain that way as long as shadowens is the coach. a win by smyrna would be a complete suprise to me and many others.

so really your right, i cant and wont speak for every riverdale fan of course but i think smyrna is just a big bunch of PRETENDERS who choke against the CONTENDERS. your the one who says every preseason "Riverdale is king of the hill and it will remain that way until someone knocks them off," and your exactly right and it will remain that way i believe, now and in the forseeable future atleast :lol:

i wont sugar coat a darn thing, smyrna hates us, we hate smyrna, this rivalry is ALIVE :thumb:

EDIT: well, i say "this rivalry is alive," but the annual battle of the boro against oakland, a rivalry many have considered to be lopsided and dead (or atleast hibernating), but oakland has played riverdale within 4 or less points of what smryna has played us for the past three seasons (regular season), and prior to that even played riverdale alot closer than smyrna dating back to 2001 (even beat us in 2000, but we didnt play smyrna that year so cant compare that one).

maybe i should take back that statement about "this rivalry is alive" ??? regardless, riverdales rivals havent shown us much competition in recent years, maybe that will change though, maybe. im expecting oakland to play us closer this year, but for smyrna i think it will be the same story, still a 20+ point spread :D

i can tell u as a player we hate smyrna more than anyone

i can tell u as a player we hate smyrna more than anyone

this will be Smyrna's second loss to "RHS" this year. Smyrna talks smack but when they play someone who isn't intimidated by their talk, their lack of discipline will take over. All Riverdale has to do is spend the night in the backfield with Sonnie (like the other RHS did) and he'll throw for 49 yds again.

Watch the big guys from Smyrna dance around and yell at the opponents prior to the game and then watch the cheap shots they take when they fall behind. Their inability to protect their QB and the penalties they'll get when they're frustrated will kill them against Riverdale.

Sorry Bulldogs...you have the talent to beat anyone but your lack of discipline against teams that are evenly matched will beat you every time. And without discipline, you'll never make it to the big dance.

Hopefully, we are beating Siegel by a large margin to where I can take my mind of the game for "just" a split second to keep up with the score of this game.

I say Go Bulldogs! But I don't see them winning against that run. I've talked to NUMEROUS smyrna players and they don't believe me when I say that the wing-t is ran like Wilson Central(2005) x's 3

Edited by HSsportsfootball

ok look... i am seeing all this talk from riverdale fans and players that smyrna is talking and we need to shut up cause riverdale is just going to roll over us. first of all alot of riverdale fans and players are talkin more crap then smyrna... when has smyrna talked crap on the field i dont remember when our big guys have jumped around and talked trash to there opponent. what i see is team leaders talking to there own team getting them hyped up for every game.a team just cant go out on the field with no hype because then you will get steam rolled. im not trying to talk crap but riverdale you are the ones talkin all the crap. this game is just 5 days away and i know that i am ready. good luck to both teams****

ok look... i am seeing all this talk from riverdale fans and players that smyrna is talking and we need to shut up cause riverdale is just going to roll over us. first of all alot of riverdale fans and players are talkin more crap then smyrna... when has smyrna talked crap on the field i dont remember when our big guys have jumped around and talked trash to there opponent. what i see is team leaders talking to there own team getting them hyped up for every game.a team just cant go out on the field with no hype because then you will get steam rolled. im not trying to talk crap but riverdale you are the ones talkin all the crap. this game is just 5 days away and i know that i am ready. good luck to both teams****

can anyone tell me why he said this? is there something i need to know about this guy?