Cascade at Eagleville

boxman

If Eagleville can stop that wing T they'll be fine. I think Cascade got 175 yards on three slice plays out of that. Heritage was able to stop the buck sweep, but got killed on that slice. Ya'll also have to keep Cascade out of field goal range. Their kicker made a 46 yarder on us, with room to spare. They have some big guys up front I heard somewhere that #53 benches 550 pounds dont know whether its true or not just what I heard. They have a big team and a little bit of speed. I think Cascade will win this one but by how many? I'm not too sure.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thinking I'm going to have to go with Cascade to win this one. If Eaglesville wins it will make it interesting for the 2-4 spots in the play offs.

SETH CARTER #53, FOR CASCADE, HOLDS WORLD RECORD BENCH PRESS, IN HIS AGE GROUP. TUCKER, CENTER, WEIGHS IN AT 305, AND MISSED ALL LAST SEASON. HAS MADE HUGE DIFFERENCE ON O LINE. STABLE OF BACKS, INCLUDING JUNIOR CORY PHILLIPS AND LIGHTNING FAST FRESHMAN HENDERSON. DON'T KEY ON THEM, THOUGH, DAY AND MORTON HAVE CAUGHT A TON OF PASSES FROM SOPH QB CARKUFF, BACK FROM INJURY AT FORREST. TOOK SOME CHEAP SHOTS FROM WH-H LINEMAN LAST WEEK, ON TWO OCCASIONS

I thinking I'm going to have to go with Cascade to win this one. If Eaglesville wins it will make it interesting for the 2-4 spots in the play offs.

SETH CARTER #53, FOR CASCADE, HOLDS WORLD RECORD BENCH PRESS, IN HIS AGE GROUP. TUCKER, CENTER, WEIGHS IN AT 305, AND MISSED ALL LAST SEASON. HAS MADE HUGE DIFFERENCE ON O LINE. STABLE OF BACKS, INCLUDING JUNIOR CORY PHILLIPS AND LIGHTNING FAST FRESHMAN HENDERSON. DON'T KEY ON THEM, THOUGH, DAY AND MORTON HAVE CAUGHT A TON OF PASSES FROM SOPH QB CARKUFF, BACK FROM INJURY AT FORREST. TOOK SOME CHEAP SHOTS FROM WH-H LINEMAN LAST WEEK, ON TWO OCCASIONS

Stop crying about a cheap shot. You guys are the Pros of cheap shots and personal fools. This has been the most undisaplend program of all times. The QB from what we have seen has cried every game about somebody pushing him. Its another player and coach that could not play or coach at the big Central..

Cascade wins over a very good White House-Heritage team in a hard fought battle. By far the best team Cascade has played so far.

McEwen apparently beat Eagleville handily.

Cascade goes to Eagleville next week. Cascade has played well at times and at other times (the Taft game) not so good. Eagleville has done the same… (case in point, last night).

The team who shows up to play will win this game… and if both team “come to play” it will be a great game to watch…

May the best team win...

If Eagleville wants to win just get physical with the QBs at Cascade (any of them) and watch the melt down. New coach may help but sooner or later this will show to be the same ol champions. GO EAGLES.

I have heard many stories about Cascade and cheap shots. I have also seen many on film. Including a guy being injected, a guy stomping on another guys back, guys on DEFENSE running offensive players over after the play, and other things. Cascade fans will probably take this wrong, but nobody is trying to pick on u guys, but when u have multiple players taking multiple cheap shots, ur team will end up getting a bad name.

I dont say much on any posts. I read the cheap shots part on Heritages line. Cascade takes more cheap shots than anybody Heritage has ever played. Nothing against Cascade because the officials let you do it.

AMEN , we were at the game and heard people at the consession stand talking about they had just heard several of Cascades coaches demanding the players to take out WH-H QB. This young man played a sold fair game. It was not his falt that Cascades line could not stop the the line from pushing Cascades LITTLE QB down. Cascade has always been this way. I wished people would step up and report the coaches. This is why they are the way they are. They are also VERY OVER-Rated. They are solid at some spots but for the most part uncoached.(ASK MOORE CO.)

Your previous post, as well as this one, were deleted for the same reason. Please read the "Board Rules" at the top left of this page.

Rule 12:

Be Responsible: Do not post slanderous, libelous, or any defamatory statements on the Message Boards. We will not be held responsible for your posts, but just the same, we'd rather not go there! Posts that appear to be defamatory should have supporting references included.

Edited by robjim

My name is Brent Richardson and I coach the defensive backs at Cascade. I rarely ever respond to anything on these boards, but there are a couple of issues in this thread that I want to address.

First, Seth Carter, as a power lifter, is tested for steriods after every contest. He may the the most tested athlete in the TSSAA right now. Therfore, no, he does not use steriods, and has never used steriods or any other illegal performance enhancing substances.

Secondly, to BigTuck4242, you have NOT seen a Cascade player ejected for a cheap shot because Cascade has not had a player ejected in the past two years. I repeat, Cascade has not had a single player ejected, for any reason whatsoever, in the past two years. Therefore, whatever you thought you saw, you were wrong. You are correct in that we had a couple of discipline issues during the Forrest game, and those were handled internally by the coaching staff. I doubt there will be a recurrence.

As to the comments about the WH-H game, it is my opinion that it was a clean game on both sides with very few "cheap" shots by either team. The two main hits taken by the Cacade QB that everyone was upset about were on defensive offsides by the big defensive tackle from WH-H. On the first, he was unabaited to the QB and did not have to make the hit. However, after looking at the film, it is clear that on the second occurance, he hit our center, not the QB. We did feel that #5 hit our QB late, not a cheap shot, just late (and there is a big difference between a late hit while trying to make a play and a cheap shot).

As a staff, we have never advocated that our players take shortcuts or try to injure an opponent. We do preach to our players to be physical, play hard and to play to the whistle. That is the way football is supposed to be played. I do not like to see players take shortcuts, and cheap shots are a form of shortcuts. Taking these "cheap shots" just diminishes the accomplishments of his teammates and is basically just another manifestation of the "look-at-me" mentality. In the long run, this mentality will destroy a team.

My name is Brent Richardson and I coach the defensive backs at Cascade. I rarely ever respond to anything on these boards, but there are a couple of issues in this thread that I want to address.

First, Seth Carter, as a power lifter, is tested for steriods after every contest. He may the the most tested athlete in the TSSAA right now. Therfore, no, he does not use steriods, and has never used steriods or any other illegal performance enhancing substances.

Secondly, to BigTuck4242, you have NOT seen a Cascade player ejected for a cheap shot because Cascade has not had a player ejected in the past two years. I repeat, Cascade has not had a single player ejected, for any reason whatsoever, in the past two years. Therefore, whatever you thought you saw, you were wrong. You are correct in that we had a couple of discipline issues during the Forrest game, and those were handled internally by the coaching staff. I doubt there will be a recurrence.

As to the comments about the WH-H game, it is my opinion that it was a clean game on both sides with very few "cheap" shots by either team. The two main hits taken by the Cacade QB that everyone was upset about were on defensive offsides by the big defensive tackle from WH-H. On the first, he was unabaited to the QB and did not have to make the hit. However, after looking at the film, it is clear that on the second occurance, he hit our center, not the QB. We did feel that #5 hit our QB late, not a cheap shot, just late (and there is a big difference between a late hit while trying to make a play and a cheap shot).

As a staff, we have never advocated that our players take shortcuts or try to injure an opponent. We do preach to our players to be physical, play hard and to play to the whistle. That is the way football is supposed to be played. I do not like to see players take shortcuts, and cheap shots are a form of shortcuts. Taking these "cheap shots" just diminishes the accomplishments of his teammates and is basically just another manifestation of the "look-at-me" mentality. In the long run, this mentality will destroy a team.

People from WH-H will tell you a differant story. You and you staff should be look at .

I'm going to give props to Cascade and the great season they have had so far. Eagleville should come out strong after last week and show what they are made of. This should be a good 'un! I'll go ahead and make my homer pick of Eagleville 24 Cascade 21 but I do fully realize that Cascade is more than capable of winning the game.