Cascade at Eagleville

boxman

I have heard many stories about Cascade and cheap shots. I have also seen many on film. Including a guy being injected, a guy stomping on another guys back, guys on DEFENSE running offensive players over after the play, and other things. Cascade fans will probably take this wrong, but nobody is trying to pick on u guys, but when u have multiple players taking multiple cheap shots, ur team will end up getting a bad name.

Football is a very emotional game, and these are kids playing. Everyone is going to point fingers at the team that's 6-0 , but I've seen cheap shots in almost every high school game and I don't think they're anymore at Cascade than anywhere else. Cascade school is surrounded by a Great community with great kids. No-one coaches bad behavior. Cascade has a great set of coaches that have kids of their owe.

Good Luck To Everyone, Let's hope the best team wins and the fans don't point fingers to far, Let's have a good time ,cause football season doesn't last all year! :thumb:

Edited by CASCADEDAD

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is Brent Richardson and I coach the defensive backs at Cascade. I rarely ever respond to anything on these boards, but there are a couple of issues in this thread that I want to address.

First, Seth Carter, as a power lifter, is tested for steriods after every contest. He may the the most tested athlete in the TSSAA right now. Therfore, no, he does not use steriods, and has never used steriods or any other illegal performance enhancing substances.

Secondly, to BigTuck4242, you have NOT seen a Cascade player ejected for a cheap shot because Cascade has not had a player ejected in the past two years. I repeat, Cascade has not had a single player ejected, for any reason whatsoever, in the past two years. Therefore, whatever you thought you saw, you were wrong. You are correct in that we had a couple of discipline issues during the Forrest game, and those were handled internally by the coaching staff. I doubt there will be a recurrence.

As to the comments about the WH-H game, it is my opinion that it was a clean game on both sides with very few "cheap" shots by either team. The two main hits taken by the Cacade QB that everyone was upset about were on defensive offsides by the big defensive tackle from WH-H. On the first, he was unabaited to the QB and did not have to make the hit. However, after looking at the film, it is clear that on the second occurance, he hit our center, not the QB. We did feel that #5 hit our QB late, not a cheap shot, just late (and there is a big difference between a late hit while trying to make a play and a cheap shot).

As a staff, we have never advocated that our players take shortcuts or try to injure an opponent. We do preach to our players to be physical, play hard and to play to the whistle. That is the way football is supposed to be played. I do not like to see players take shortcuts, and cheap shots are a form of shortcuts. Taking these "cheap shots" just diminishes the accomplishments of his teammates and is basically just another manifestation of the "look-at-me" mentality. In the long run, this mentality will destroy a team.

Rumor has it that the J.V. game between Cascade & Forrest was cancelled (By Forrest) because of the cheap shots taken in the Varsity game the Friday night previous. I don't know if they are dirty or just very physical until, and sometimes after the whistle. Wayne County is exactly the same way. The answer is to be just as physical before and sometimes after the whistle. Like you said .....it's football. It is not for girls. Just don't expect any flags.....if you are dishing it out too.

I don't know if they are dirty or just very physical until, and sometimes after the whistle. Wayne County is exactly the same way. The answer is to be just as physical before and sometimes after the whistle. Like you said .....it's football. It is not for girls. Just don't expect any flags.....if you are dishing it out too.

I remember the Eagleville/Wayne County game a couple years ago and the Eagles did exactly that. They didn't let Wayne County push them around, were very physical, stood up to Wayne County but very diciplined. Even though they lost that game in a heartbreaker they had so much to be proud of. As a fan I was so darn proud of them! Hopefully they do that again Friday night but get a victory!

Edited by Predarat

Rumor has it that the J.V. game between Cascade & Forrest was cancelled (By Forrest) because of the cheap shots taken in the Varsity game the Friday night previous. I don't know if they are dirty or just very physical until, and sometimes after the whistle. Wayne County is exactly the same way. The answer is to be just as physical before and sometimes after the whistle. Like you said .....it's football. It is not for girls. Just don't expect any flags.....if you are dishing it out too.

I heard that game was cancelled, but I'm not sure Why. I was at the Cascade/Forrest game and I saw the Cascade player step ,Not stomp, on the Forrest player's back and I couldn't believe it. Like the coach said above , that player was disciplined. I also witnessed Cascade's QB being knocked into the fence, which is at least 15 feet out of bounds, there was no penalty. All the Cascade bashing started after the Forrest game. Don't let one bad moment define Cascade's Football Team. They are good kids that want something that Cascade has never had ,a good football program, and they want it Bad. I think Forrest had a hard time with their first loss of the season, mostly because it was to Cascade.I know we will also be heartbroken to recieve our first loss, but whoever beats us will be the better team that night, not the dirtiest ,'cause playing dirty does not win you ballgames, being the best does, so good luck.

Stop crying about a cheap shot. You guys are the Pros of cheap shots and personal fools. This has been the most undisaplend program of all times. The QB from what we have seen has cried every game about somebody pushing him. Its another player and coach that could not play or coach at the big Central..

way to TRY to make a comeback... but everyone knows central cant even hold cascades jock straps. the size of the program doesnt make a team good. in the two years before this one, cascade went to central (shelbyville) to scrimmage and beat central like a red headed step child... and for information carkuff STARTED as a FRESHMEN at central. the reason they moved to cascade is because they got sick of playin for a 1 and 9 team/ 1 and 9 individuals... so to speak B)B):lol:

I heard that game was cancelled, but I'm not sure Why. I was at the Cascade/Forrest game and I saw the Cascade player step ,Not stomp, on the Forrest player's back and I couldn't believe it. Like the coach said above , that player was disciplined. I also witnessed Cascade's QB being knocked into the fence, which is at least 15 feet out of bounds, there was no penalty. All the Cascade bashing started after the Forrest game. Don't let one bad moment define Cascade's Football Team. They are good kids that want something that Cascade has never had ,a good football program, and they want it Bad. I think Forrest had a hard time with their first loss of the season, mostly because it was to Cascade.I know we will also be heartbroken to recieve our first loss, but whoever beats us will be the better team that night, not the dirtiest ,'cause playing dirty does not win you ballgames, being the best does, so good luck.

Dont let anyone get you guys down. MP and Cascade had some classic battles and I dont recall anything dirty. The glory boys (eagleville) arent what they thought they would be so they want to to try to get you guys down mentally. Go out and dominate. Show them so good ole region 6 smash mouth football. Good luck Cascade, always enjoyed those classics battles.

Football is a very emotional game, and these are kids playing. Everyone is going to point fingers at the team that's 6-0 , but I've seen cheap shots in almost every high school game and I don't think they're anymore at Cascade than anywhere else. Cascade school is surrounded by a Great community with great kids. No-one coaches bad behavior. Cascade has a great set of coaches that have kids of their owe.

Good Luck To Everyone, Let's hope the best team wins and the fans don't point fingers to far, Let's have a good time ,cause football season doesn't last all year! :thumb:

Jo Byrns is 6-0 and i dont see ppl pointing fingers at them. But if thats what u want to think then go ahead. Sorry about the comment about a Cascade player getting ejected, it was a player on the team yall was playing, but both players did look to be in the wrong( i watched the film). I do remember one of yalls guys getting ejected last year, and couldnt play the next game, cuz i remember our coach mentioning it. I am not saying that u guys take lots of cheap shots, but it just seems like every team u guys play complains about u guys cheap shotting. So i know that some of it has to be true, and i know some of it is, cuz i have seen film. Dont mean to insult anyone, just stating that u guys arent making alot of friends.