Cascade at Eagleville

boxman

Like I said earlier DAD. These guys are scared and trying to put things in the players head. Dont listen to them. When Cascade and MP played in region 6 together , there was never these problems. They have to be making them up. One here or there I understand, but they make Cascade out to be the worst unsportsmanlike team in the state. Blow it off. dont pay any attention.

Thanks for the comment and support MPHSTIGERS87. Hopefully we will have another classic Cascade- MPHS matchup in the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the season and congrats on your winning season thus far.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen Cascade play so I can't say one way or the other but do they really take excessive cheap shots or do they just play hard nosed, physical, in your face football? I never played football but have watched it all my life, but in playing and watching hockey I know the two can be confused very easily in both sports. Some teams just pop you in the mouth within the confines of the rules and a lot of the other teams naturally don't like it.

Where are all the flags????

If Cascade is so unsportsman like, then where are the flags???

Do we have a problem with officials at home and away????

How many personal fouls does Cascade have compared to other teams????

If this is how others see Cascade then I will have to live with it, But I know the truth,I know the school,and some of the players. Our kids practice and play hard.

God bless them and help them to play with honor.

Go Champs!

This is a general statement to any team that makes cheap shots:

Flags are not always called, regardless if they're unsportsman like or not. All sports fans know that refs do not see everything. On the other hand, there are times refs see calls and don't throw the flag. This goes back to a previous post I made in another thread regarding "home-town refs."

I'm not really certain how many 'cheap shots' Cascade has had in the past or has had this season. I was just making a general statement.

Edited by iearnedit

Well he was awesome!! I don't believe he was offered a scholership to play anywhere which is a shame. If he is still around he might could try to walk on at Middle Tennessee because they had scholarships cut due to the NCAAs new APR rule. Coach Stockstill was recruiting walk ons heavily. But thats easier said then done because if you don't have a scholarship, most kids have to work and being a walk on football player requires a lot of practice time, travel, ect. plus you have to make good grades.

Let's get back to the game. Some people picked Cascade others have picked Eagleville. Its obvious by their record and their ranking as a top 5 team Cascade is a very good team. I have'nt seen them play this year what are their strengths and who will start at QB. I know they have some injuries but I believe most of them return this week. Are they run oriented, pass oriented or balanced. I know one thing Eagleville has to cut down on the penalties to be able to win the game. They probably averrage over 100 yds in penalties per game, that can not happen against Cascade. It should be a hard fought game. Go Eagles.

I have never seen Cascade play so I can't say one way or the other but do they really take excessive cheap shots or do they just play hard nosed, physical, in your face football? I never played football but have watched it all my life, but in playing and watching hockey I know the two can be confused very easily in both sports. Some teams just pop you in the mouth within the confines of the rules and a lot of the other teams naturally don't like it.

This is one of the best posts in this thread. I've seen every game this year, every JV game and been at 95 % of the practices dating back to the summer. I can personally tell you these boys are going to come out and smack you in the mouth on every play. They are very aggressive and have a hunger to achieve. It is a shame that the will to battle and play aggressive all the way to the whistle has been labeled as cheap shots by some on here. We teach our boys 110% ALL THE TIME! We don't take plays off. I want deny that there may be the occasional late hit after the whistle, but it's not intentional and is more of a product of Parker instilling in them they "never quit, never let up" attitude. I hate that some people such as BigTuck think they can watch a game tape or two and make the decision on how "dirty" our team is. Alot of things are said and done down in the trenches (as he should know) that you can't see on film. I'd say if I was getting beat on every play as most of our competition have, I'd be running my mouth in between the whistles a lot also. That may have something to do with the intensity of the game. Bottom line: If your gonna talk the talk, you better be able to walk the walk! GO CHAMPS

CASCADE- 31 ;)

EAGLEVILLE-13

Let's get back to the game. Some people picked Cascade others have picked Eagleville. Its obvious by their record and their ranking as a top 5 team Cascade is a very good team. I have'nt seen them play this year what are their strengths and who will start at QB. I know they have some injuries but I believe most of them return this week. Are they run oriented, pass oriented or balanced. I know one thing Eagleville has to cut down on the penalties to be able to win the game. They probably averrage over 100 yds in penalties per game, that can not happen against Cascade. It should be a hard fought game. Go Eagles.

Eagleville was doing better with Penalties earlier in the year, 20 vs. FRA, 55 vs Silverdale(where they struggled but won), 30 vs. Jo Byrns but in the last three games they have been slipping in that area with 72 vs CA, 50 vs Moore County and 72 again last week. They really have to shore that up because its things like that which cause them to struggle. If I remember right that really bit them in that playoff game last year as well.

Thanks for the comment and support MPHSTIGERS87. Hopefully we will have another classic Cascade- MPHS matchup in the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the season and congrats on your winning season thus far.

Your welcome, cant wait. could be possibly as soon as the second round. Hopefully the third, that mean both dominated each others region.

Edited by MPHSTIGERS87

Eagleville was doing better with Penalties earlier in the year, 20 vs. FRA, 55 vs Silverdale(where they struggled but won), 30 vs. Jo Byrns but in the last three games they have been slipping in that area with 72 vs CA, 50 vs Moore County and 72 again last week. They really have to shore that up because its things like that which cause them to struggle. If I remember right that really bit them in that playoff game last year as well.

I believe your numbers are wrong the newspaper reported that Eagleville had 9 penalties in the first half of the McEwen game and 8 of those were holding and that was just in the first half. I was at the Moore Co. game and we definitely had more penalty yardage than 50, there was 5 or 6 holding calls alone plus other penalties. But you and I are right if they keep the penalty yardage down and play hard nose disciplined football we will win. GO EAGLES

This is one of the best posts in this thread. I've seen every game this year, every JV game and been at 95 % of the practices dating back to the summer. I can personally tell you these boys are going to come out and smack you in the mouth on every play. They are very aggressive and have a hunger to achieve. It is a shame that the will to battle and play aggressive all the way to the whistle has been labeled as cheap shots by some on here. We teach our boys 110% ALL THE TIME! We don't take plays off. I want deny that there may be the occasional late hit after the whistle, but it's not intentional and is more of a product of Parker instilling in them they "never quit, never let up" attitude. I hate that some people such as BigTuck think they can watch a game tape or two and make the decision on how "dirty" our team is. Alot of things are said and done down in the trenches (as he should know) that you can't see on film. I'd say if I was getting beat on every play as most of our competition have, I'd be running my mouth in between the whistles a lot also. That may have something to do with the intensity of the game. Bottom line: If your gonna talk the talk, you better be able to walk the walk! GO CHAMPS

CASCADE- 31 :thumb:

EAGLEVILLE-13

film never lies. anything that is on that film is concrete and therefore beyond question. if there is a cheap shot on that film then it obviously happened no matter who started the altrecation. you can tell your players to never let up and always give 100% but that never means that you need to hit people after the whistle and i gaurantee you that any hit after the whistle is blown that knocks a player off of his feet is not a mistake or accidental. the trenches are another story. that is where the true warriors lie and that is where the battle is either won or lost. as far as i am concerned anything goes in the trenches as long as it isn't EXTREMELY dangerous or damaging to the other player. a thrown punch or two is all just part of that "trench warefare". :thumb: i crack myself up. :ph34r:

CASCADE- 31 :thumb:

EAGLEVILLE-13

As i said, i could also see the other team taking shots. I can also see that Cascade is always playing hard, and they are a very good team.