Hendersonville vs Antioch

2Truth

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is going to win big here. Antioch is bigger, faster, and flat out more athelitc. but something about hendersonville they find a way to win and stick to it and they seem to want win for one another.Cant wait to watch this battle and see if HHS can earn some major respect.

from what ive seen the few games ive been to hendersonville have some kids who can play ball carlton is a solid player and whos that QB

I like Hendersonville's momentum in this game, but Antioch has done this several years in a row. They have looked flat out awful against Gallatin and come back the next week and put together a great effort. Antioch has better material, they just don't always bring IT. They are desperate right now, so Hendersonville will get the Bears' best effort. I'll pick Hendersonville 24-21, but would not be surprised if Antioch beats them.

Antioch's offense needs some punch and if hey can score some points their defense will hold Hendersonville to under 4 scores. Picking Antioch here.

even if hendesonville scores 14 points i am sure they will win because antiochs offense has been struggling lately and the commandos defense has dominated all region teams i think special teams will be the difference maker big time for that hendersonville kicker to seperate himself from the rest of the crop

hendersonville-16 antioch-10

the scoreboard only shows a small part of it

even though the Commandos made several mistakes inside antioch territory, The referee crew was probly the worst thing I've ever seen.

They called 2 personal fouls on hhs even though it wasnt even a foul hhs did.

and they missed several key calls such as a facemask that looked aweful and the referee was right there.

Antiochs only penalties were one personal foul(which they finally decided to call)

and around 3 offsides on defense and around 2 false starts on O.

Antioch was holding the D line of Hville all night it was clearly evident because even in the stans you could see the jerseys being held and pulled.

hhs on the other hand got called for block in the back here and unsportsmen like there when really there was no penalty or a minor penalty.

I feel really bad for the Commandos seeing as they had a referee crew against them on their own feild

Altogether though the commandos played really hard but just missed some oppertunities

good luck to both teams

and hopefully better referees

12 antioch 6 hville

Edited by BarnBurner09

even though the Commandos made several mistakes inside antioch territory, The referee crew was probly the worst thing I've ever seen.

They called 2 personal fouls on hhs even though it wasnt even a foul we did.

and they missed several key calls such as a facemask that looked aweful and the referee was right there.

Antiochs only penalties were one personal foul(which they finally decided to call)

Antioch was holding the D line of Hville all night it was clearly evident because even in the stans you could see the jerseys being held and pulled.

hhs on the other hand got called for block in the back here and unsportsmen like there when really there was no penalty or a minor penalty.

I feel really bad for the Commandos seeing as they had a referee crew against them on their own feild

Altogether though the commandos played really hard but just missed some oppertunities

good luck to both teams

12 antioch 6 hville

I agree that the officiating was not the best ever but you make it sound as though the officials only blew calls on Hendersonville. I was there and trust me that the officials also blew calls on Antioch. The personal fouls were legitimate on both teams. If Antioch was holding all night long then so is every team out there including your commandoes. The uncalled face mask may be legitimate as well, I didnt see it but if you did then I'll take your word for it. The officials also blew a call late when they said that Hendersonvilles QB threw an incomplete pass when it was obviously a fumble that was recovered by Antioch. If you saw the game then you know that Antioch controlled and dominated Hendersonville in the first half. In the second half it was much closer but the one touchdown by Hendersonville was a joke. The pass bounced off of Hendersonville's receiver, bounced off of Antiochs db, and landed in the hands of another Hendersonville receiver. It was a lucky brake for HHS. All in all it was a good game. I never thought that HHS would make the playoffs until I saw them tonight. Now I see them being third. Good luck to both teams.

They called 2 personal fouls on hhs even though it wasnt even a foul hhs did.

good luck to both teams

12 antioch 6 hville

It sounds like AHS was just the better team. I mean HHS can't use the "looking ahead to Gallatin" excuse- that's still two weeks away.

If my memory is right, Gallatin still holds first place in the region. Hendersonville Still holds second, Overton Third and Antioch fourth since the tie-breaker goes to Overton for head-to-head. Not sure where Hunters Lane and McGavock are. But Overton has the tie-break over Antioch for sure, abd Hendersonville only has one region loss. So its still Sumner Co. and then everybody else.

I was wrong...

Hunters Lane only has one region loss, so its like this-

Gallatin

Hunters Lane

Hendersonville

Overton

Hendersonville still has to play Gallatin(week 9) and Hunters Lane(week 10)

Hunter Lane on the other hand still has to play all of those three teams.

So the picture isn't very clear yet.

I';m not meaning to say that it was only HHS penalties it just seemed to me (and you can even read coach Hatfields statement in teh tennessean) that their personal foul and unsportman likes were bogus excuses.

I'm not taking anyhting away from antioch both teams played well

It just seemed to me that whenever the Commandos got soemthing going there was some kind of block in the back or personal foul call that would stall them and the reason from the officail wouldnt even make sence.

Maybe it was just me but it looked really in antiochs favor ,and it seemed like the officals were following the 'let the boys play'(suchj as letting the holding and tripping at the line go) theme but then once it came to after the play it was 'flag flag flag'(for mayb helping a teamate up or even getting pushed in the back and then the penalty called on you for 'not retaliating').

Edited by BarnBurner09