Dickson County @ Independence

donathan5507

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to DC on pulling the upset.

This was no upset...you obviously have not paid attention to Dickson County this year. They have a terrific team and have lost one game to what may be the best team in 5A. Indy needs to put this behind them quick because they have two tough games coming up on the road. If they drop both they may not make the playoffs...

Final Score: Dickson County 34 Independence 27

The only thing Independence lost was the national title. Let's go win the state championship and take the national title next year. :(

Great Heart by Nick Smith and Emory Martin

Your mistaken too...Indy needed this win to clinch a playoff berth. Now the pressure is really on...

I think tonight was a great reality check for the Eagles.

You aren't going to go unbeaten playing in Region 6...too many good teams. I'd rather suffer a defeat now than in the playoffs. The guys will definitely learn from this and I look for them to come out very strong against Ravenwood.

Realistically, Independence was worn down in the second half by Dickson's power running game but we still had to respect the pass because we got burned twice.

Give Dickson all the credit in the world. I think this was a matchup of two even teams and I wouldn't consider it an upset.

By the way, Zac Cordell was suspended for stealing a burger (not certain if cheese was present) from the Independence Cafeteria on Wednesday. He received ISS which equals an automatic ban from any school activities. He wasn't even allowed in the stadium Friday Night. The rumors of expulsion or getting hurt or any of that stuff is all garbage. He made a stupid move and he had to pay for it big time.

Indy can recognize that without their starting QB and with 15 (!!!!) penalties, they were 11 yards away from tying the game up. Nick Smith showed tremendous poise driving the team down the field with one minute to go and no timeouts.

Good luck to both teams.

Hopefully we'll see you guys again in the playoffs.

Edited by donathan5507