hampton AT COSBY who wins

Bulldogs#1

Cosby by 6 :lol:

How about Hampton by at least 24. The only thing that would keep it closer is turnovers or penalties. I still think Cosby is improved and the coaches and players are to be commended. Just a little over their heads this week. I'm a BIG fan. GETTTTTTURRRRRRRRRDUNNNNNNNNNNDOGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pick:

Hampton 43

Cosby 12

Cosby Will not be able to stop Hampton's offence. Stop Townsend and Milhorn will score. Stop Milhorn and Townsend, and Lunceford will pick you apart with the pass. Hampton's starting D will hold Cosby under 20.

What is the size of cosby's line?

My pick:

Hampton 43

Cosby 12

Cosby Will not be able to stop Hampton's offence. Stop Townsend and Milhorn will score. Stop Milhorn and Townsend, and Lunceford will pick you apart with the pass. Hampton's starting D will hold Cosby under 20.

What is the size of cosby's line?

I don't think Cosby can score 12 on Hamptons varsity. The best two things I observed about Cosby, they do a good job stopping the run and they get pressure on the quaterback.They will have to try to throw on Hampton, its a gamble they will have to take, I look for a big night out of Hamptons unsung hero. Jonathon Lyons. Little Milhorn just might cause a little damage as well. Cosby has scouted Hampton nearly every week, Hampton hasn't showed them anything. They haven't had to.

Does cosby's line stand a chance of controlling the line of scrimmage? If not, it will be a long night for Cosby. They can't affort to bring the linebackers and safties up because lunceford will burn them deep.

They will have to bring people up, once Adam get through the first line of defence, its off to the races.They will just have to pick teir poison.

I just wonder what Cosby's game plan is. If I was coaching against Hampton, I am not sure how I would try to stop them. I don't even know if you can. I guess your only hope would be to out score them. But their D has only given up 26 pts. I'm glad I am not Cosby. I wonder if Shelton's ears are smoking yet?

once Adam get through the first line of defence, its off to the races.

I can bet who will win that race.

A note to Cosby fans reading this:

In response to today's Letter to the Editor in the Newport Plain Talk. The display at Wal-Mart of Newport is sponsored and paid for by Coca-Cola and has nothing to do with Wal-Mart. It is sponsored by Coca-Cola, because Charter Mainstreet does a show with several of the Five Rivers Conference. They do one with Coach Crawford at CCHS, Coach Hatcher at East and Coach Woods at West. These three coaches are given shows because they are in the area where Charter has their cable distribution.

Coca-Cola sponsors the show, and thus they have the display at Wal-Mart who I'm sure provides proceeds to the production of the show as well. This display has been at Wal-Mart of Newport in the past.

It is nothing of the decision making of Wal-Mart of Newport and I wish people would ask the proper questions before flying off the hook with the "bias against Cosby" stuff.

It is just as much Wal-Mart as it is anyone else! Their are choices to be made and they made the choice to allow that representation to be diplayed, omitting the representation of Cosby. If nothing else Wal-Mart should put up a display to represent Cosby theirselves! Wal-Mart should do this automatically with all the flack.

Well this will be my only post about this game and then I will sit back and just watch. First of all Im glad that no one is giving the Eagles a chance, just gives us a little more motivation. As far as one team being better than the other I think that both teams have areas that are stronger than the other even though Hampton people seem to think that they are better at every position and they may be (i dont think they are) but whatever. There is no boubt that they have the size advantage they are very big up front and have decent speed in the secondary, as far as offense goes everybody knows what they are about, but they are a little better in the passing game than they were last year, and they have a couple of nice athletes to throw the ball to, but fortunately for Cosby they have a couple of CBs that do a pretty nice job in pass coverage and as long as those two dont bite on PA I think they can stop them from throwing the ball as effectively as they have on Jellico, GCA, Unaka, and West Greene, I dont know how they threw it against any one else but I think our secondary is better than those teams I mentioned, and we get a pretty decent pass rush as well, the key for the Eagles, STOP THE RUN! I still think thats the key to beating Hampton even if they can throw the ball more effectively this year. Can the Eagles do it? Who knows but I do think that it will be closer than the EXPERTS think. :thumb:

Well this will be my only post about this game and then I will sit back and just watch. First of all Im glad that no one is giving the Eagles a chance, just gives us a little more motivation. As far as one team being better than the other I think that both teams have areas that are stronger than the other even though Hampton people seem to think that they are better at every position and they may be (i dont think they are) but whatever. There is no boubt that they have the size advantage they are very big up front and have decent speed in the secondary, as far as offense goes everybody knows what they are about, but they are a little better in the passing game than they were last year, and they have a couple of nice athletes to throw the ball to, but fortunately for Cosby they have a couple of CBs that do a pretty nice job in pass coverage and as long as those two dont bite on PA I think they can stop them from throwing the ball as effectively as they have on Jellico, GCA, Unaka, and West Greene, I dont know how they threw it against any one else but I think our secondary is better than those teams I mentioned, and we get a pretty decent pass rush as well, the key for the Eagles, STOP THE RUN! I still think thats the key to beating Hampton even if they can throw the ball more effectively this year. Can the Eagles do it? Who knows but I do think that it will be closer than the EXPERTS think. :thumb:

Don't think there are many experts on here, the ones who I would pay attention to are the people who have played both teams. The only three teams to have played both are Jellico, WG and Unaka. All three seem to think Hampton is the better team. If Hampton has the HEART and DETERMINATION OF Cosby. This one could get out of hand. I'm not saying this to be mean,just my honest opinion,