hampton AT COSBY who wins

Bulldogs#1

Hope Adam gets well soon for Hampton. I was very impressed with him the two times I saw him last season and I know he was a very vital part of the team, however, they do have plenty of other weapons. Good luck to Hampton the rest of the season from a football fan in Morgan County (Coalfield, Oakdale, Sunbright and Wartburg).

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well....Eagle....all I was saying is I dont wanna hear any smack like that that was said after the Unaka game...let sleeping dogs lie. And, as for your information.....I am family to 25....Adam Townsend....and as for your information also.....I have been around ball for a long time as my brother played while we were in school a few years ago.....and I have watched this team develop over the past years. I do know a thing or two about ball. I for one never said this game would be easy.....I said I thought that JC could win by as many as he wanted. If you will check my earlier posts as well......I said Hampton would win 35-14.....so I wasn't too far off. I will have to say this......I have never seen as rowdy fans as those who stood behind me last night. That is the worst I have ever been treated by any fans at any game I have been to........and that's something all you Cosby people should not be proud of. I was told by a Cosby person that I should show some "sportsman like conduct" as I was cheering my team on standing behind the fence at the 50 yard line. I think I have a right to cheer on my fans.....and after the game was over.....there was a young boy come through there calling us every name in the book except for a white person and when I say young....he was wearing a white cosby football jersey....so I am thinking he was playing youth club or elementary school ball. With all that said.....I will say this. I have no hard feelings whatsoever. What is played on the field should be left on the field. We fought a battle and came out on top! Good luck to the Eagles the rest of the year! And a very big congrats to the DOGS! :thumb:

See, what I don't understand is where people are getting all this about the stuff that was said after Unaka. I have been at every game the Eagles have played at least two hours before kickoff and I'm one of the last 10 or 12 people to leave after the game, and I never hear any of this crap you guys keep talking about. Anyone on or close to the team knew that Hampton was going to be a battle. All this junk about our fans saying "Hampton's next" after Cloudland and Unaka is just something an outsider made up to get the Dogs fired up. That was NEVER said. As far as if you were treated poorly by a Cosby fan, well let me apologize on their behalf, and also for whatever young kid that was being assinine. But I honestly believe that Cosby is just so hated people have a preconcieved notion of how terrible everyone here is that they determine they've been treated badly before they even come out of Newport into Cosby. I spoke with and welcomed several of your fans and noticed a lot of Cosby fans doing the same. I even gave one of your coaches stadium cups for all the boys and coaches on the staff. (By the way, cups that COMPLETELY showed our respect for the Bulldogs.) I would have preferred not to mention that, but I get so tired of our community being thought of as a bunch of classless rednecks. I'm also wandering what your being of relation to A.T. has to do with whether or not having his picture up is classless, but if you are close to him tell him that Cosby wishes him the best. as for me, being related to a few coaching staff members I can honestly tell you, when your #25 went down we were all hoping it was just a cramp and that he would be back in the next series. It didn't take long to see that wasn't the case, and I knew from that point on anything Cosby accomplished would be blemished because everyone would say "IF". Hampton showed that they were a tough TEAM even after losing their top weapon. Cosby showed they weren't the pushover they were perceived to be earlier. You said JC could win by as many as he wanted. I know JC well enough to know he wasn't comfortable with a seven point victory. You also said you werent to far off, your prediction was a 21 pt margin that is a lil different than 7. I'm going to let your dogs sleep now. I've allready made it clear I have the UPMOST respect for JC and staff and the entire Hampton team.

Well....Eagle....all I was saying is I dont wanna hear any smack like that that was said after the Unaka game...let sleeping dogs lie. And, as for your information.....I am family to 25....Adam Townsend....and as for your information also.....I have been around ball for a long time as my brother played while we were in school a few years ago.....and I have watched this team develop over the past years. I do know a thing or two about ball. I for one never said this game would be easy.....I said I thought that JC could win by as many as he wanted. If you will check my earlier posts as well......I said Hampton would win 35-14.....so I wasn't too far off. I will have to say this......I have never seen as rowdy fans as those who stood behind me last night. That is the worst I have ever been treated by any fans at any game I have been to........and that's something all you Cosby people should not be proud of. I was told by a Cosby person that I should show some "sportsman like conduct" as I was cheering my team on standing behind the fence at the 50 yard line. I think I have a right to cheer on my fans.....and after the game was over.....there was a young boy come through there calling us every name in the book except for a white person and when I say young....he was wearing a white cosby football jersey....so I am thinking he was playing youth club or elementary school ball. With all that said.....I will say this. I have no hard feelings whatsoever. What is played on the field should be left on the field. We fought a battle and came out on top! Good luck to the Eagles the rest of the year! And a very big congrats to the DOGS! :thumb:

you want to talk about rude fans. HAMPTON POODLES fans are the most arrogant and rude people i have been around in my 40 years of watching football. when a hampton fan tells you " THAT IS WHAT THE DIRTY B######S GET AND BREAK THE QUARTERBACKS LEGS" is in my opinion totally ignorant . cheering your team on is one thing but when you curse and threaten to break a childs leg on the opposing team that is not cheering but threatening . this did not come from a child it came from a hampton players parent wearing a hampton jersey. :angry:

Hey guys...Im one of the players for the west greene buffaloes.I heard about Adams injury and i wanted to say that im sorry.I respect him more than any other person i have ever played against.heck i will even say that i look up to him.He is a heck of a ball player and i hate to see him go down like that.As for cosby i still hate that bunch.but thats over and done so whatever.But i just wanted to say that i hope adam gets better soon.

Josh Cornwell# 52

1. The Target - Adam Townsend was a target in this game. I respect everything that "Mamma Says, HamptonBigDogs, and that Adam himself says." But I don't know if everyone saw the poster on the door of the Cosby locker room. They had a picture of Adam there that said "Take Him Out, Cosby wins the Game." I heard someone above talk about sportsmanship. I didn't see anything that resembled it all night Friday night. When I came to the field on Friday, I had a little bit of respect for the coaches of Cosby. I left there with little or no respect at all. This kind of motivation should not be condoned at all. :)

2. The Payoff - Can someone say home cookin'. I have not seen any boxscores yet for the game but Hampton had to have at least ten more penalties than Cosby. It was pretty even I think until the 4th quarter when there were at least seven penalties called on the Dogs. The officials were ready to do anything in the last two and a half minutes of the game to give Cosby a chance to win. They were clearly influenced by something. There were two penalties for facemasking that were questionable. I also didn't know that you could lay on a pile of players near the goal line, then get up and run for a touchdown ten seconds after the play should have been whistled. In the end though with fifteen seconds to go in the game, the officials were so caught up in Cosby's comeback that they couldn't even spot the ball right. The clock ran down to 2.4 seconds as the officials respotted the ball and time ran out before Cosby could get a play off. Beatin by your own Refs. :thumb:

3. The Scuffle - At the end of the game there were a few Cosby ex-players who made there way down to the fence where some of the Hampton fans were celebrating. The Ex-Eagles tried to start a fight. I don't mind when fans get rowdy for there team, but goin' and pickin' a fight is just plain bad sportmanship. This is a case of when few bad apples ruin the whole bushel. I get loud and rowdy too, but I don't start fights. This just adds fuel to the fire for us Hampton fans though. GO DOGS!!! :angry:

4. The Outcome - The Dogs still won 28-21. I do think that Cosby has improved a lot from a football stand point. The Dogs from Hampton showed tremendous heart and determination beating the Eagles and Zebras in the forth quarter. The better team won this one. Thanks to all the Hampton faithful for being loud and cheering the Dogs on to victory. At the end of the game all we had to say was SCOREBOARD!!!!! :D

In the end I want to wish Adam a healthy and speedy recovery. I hope to see you on the field again in the playoffs or at the next level. Were all behind you OJ.

THIS IS HHSBULLDOGTYPE2001 and I have approved this message. B)

Hey guys...Im one of the players for the west greene buffaloes.I heard about Adams injury and i wanted to say that im sorry.I respect him more than any other person i have ever played against.heck i will even say that i look up to him.He is a heck of a ball player and i hate to see him go down like that.As for cosby i still hate that bunch.but thats over and done so whatever.But i just wanted to say that i hope adam gets better soon.

Josh Cornwell# 52

heh. the reason this guy hates this bunch is because he cant even cheapshot us right. his team plaed well and he has to ruin that by running his trap. i tryed to be nice about it but its ridicules. at the jv game he was gonna "talk like adults" at, he brought 2 or 3 friends to try to gang up on my friend cause i wasnt there. If its in the past then then shut up about it and get in the wieght room so you can learn to maybe cheap shot at least.

as for hampton, if "ifs" and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry christmas. "if townsend was in" is really getting old. i knew from the get go, that if we won it was because townsend got hurt. when you guys won, it was "we would have beaten you by a lot more if adam were there." if townsends so great how did he get injured 2 yards from the scrimmage? i thought he would score every time he touched it. guess that was a fluke, huh?

Dude, get up off of #25. Do you honestly think as smart as Hampton'c coaching staff is they didn't do anything to try and shut him down. If you do you're an idiot! Jody's been ONE of our studs all season and the Dogs knew it, so did Unaka. If you don't respect my man Jody, you are obviously not a coach or a player cause everyone on the field or sidelines has the upmost for him. Teams haven't went to his side all year, cause they know 9 times out of 10, its gonna be pick-six. No one wants a punt to go anywhere near him cause if he gets the corner it's 88 and out tha gate. On the O side he stays under double coverage constantly. Oh yeah, and besides all of that, he is a 17 year old kid, but that is really irrellevant here because at 17 he's allready more of a man than you could ever hope to be. Keep dreaming big though, and maybe one day you can carry his jock!

If he is the stud you say, why doesn't he run the ball more? If his side doesn't get thrown to, why did Lyons have a career night aganst him? Let's see, oh yeah, we kicked off to him, unlike that crap you all were doing on the kickoffs, oh by the way, nice on-side. Did it go backwards????? He touched the ball 3 times at Unaka???? That puzzles me. He barely touched it last night?????That puzzles me. I will say this though, hats off and way off to your alls FB, #22. I can definelty say, he's the man. Roane did a great job staying out of trouble, too. Cosby was better than I expected, alot better than they played at Unaka. But what we done, without Adam, shows, and we have been telling you all this, we are not one-dimensional. That could only hurt worse for you all, knownig you got beat by a Adam-less Hampton team. Also, hats off t our #22, Dustin Jaynes, way to show them what you have got and stepping up!!!!!!!! :blink:

OK. Someone is bound to ask this, so it may as well be me... Was it just a freak football kinda thing, or was it a dirty play?

Hey Unaka,

You were right about Cosby. They do play dirty and their fans have absolutley no class. When A.T. was being taken to the ambulance, he was right in front of the fans. The Cosby fans just sat there and didn't clap or show him any respect. As always, the Hampton fans were great and stood and cheered for A.T. as he left.

I really believe the Cosby coaches meant to win this game at all costs. They wanted A.T. out of the game But they still LOST. The Dogs beat the Eagles and their refs!!

I hope the Dogs play the Eagles again real soon, so the Eagles can lose again!!

Go Dogs!!!!!

1. The Target - Adam Townsend was a target in this game. I respect everything that "Mamma Says, HamptonBigDogs, and that Adam himself says." But I don't know if everyone saw the poster on the door of the Cosby locker room. They had a picture of Adam there that said "Take Him Out, Cosby wins the Game." I heard someone above talk about sportsmanship. I didn't see anything that resembled it all night Friday night. When I came to the field on Friday, I had a little bit of respect for the coaches of Cosby. I left there with little or no respect at all. This kind of motivation should not be condoned at all. :D

2. The Payoff - Can someone say home cookin'. I have not seen any boxscores yet for the game but Hampton had to have at least ten more penalties than Cosby. It was pretty even I think until the 4th quarter when there were at least seven penalties called on the Dogs. The officials were ready to do anything in the last two and a half minutes of the game to give Cosby a chance to win. They were clearly influenced by something. There were two penalties for facemasking that were questionable. I also didn't know that you could lay on a pile of players near the goal line, then get up and run for a touchdown ten seconds after the play should have been whistled. In the end though with fifteen seconds to go in the game, the officials were so caught up in Cosby's comeback that they couldn't even spot the ball right. The clock ran down to 2.4 seconds as the officials respotted the ball and time ran out before Cosby could get a play off. Beatin by your own Refs. :blink:

3. The Scuffle - At the end of the game there were a few Cosby ex-players who made there way down to the fence where some of the Hampton fans were celebrating. The Ex-Eagles tried to start a fight. I don't mind when fans get rowdy for there team, but goin' and pickin' a fight is just plain bad sportmanship. This is a case of when few bad apples ruin the whole bushel. I get loud and rowdy too, but I don't start fights. This just adds fuel to the fire for us Hampton fans though. GO DOGS!!! :lol:

4. The Outcome - The Dogs still won 28-21. I do think that Cosby has improved a lot from a football stand point. The Dogs from Hampton showed tremendous heart and determination beating the Eagles and Zebras in the forth quarter. The better team won this one. Thanks to all the Hampton faithful for being loud and cheering the Dogs on to victory. At the end of the game all we had to say was SCOREBOARD!!!!! :D

In the end I want to wish Adam a healthy and speedy recovery. I hope to see you on the field again in the playoffs or at the next level. Were all behind you OJ.

THIS IS HHSBULLDOGTYPE2001 and I have approved this message. B)

1. get real. it was a motivational tip for us. the only thing that should have been changed was take him out to take him down. adam himself said it was an accident.

2. get a brain. the refs werent payed by cosby. the acted as if they didnt recive pay or training for that matter. they werent the refs we usually use. we have good officiators usually. i dont know where these knew ones came from but they should stay in shelter for a while. at one point a bulldog had his mouthpiece out and we pointed it out before and after the play. the ref responded with "you play football and let us officiate." between that and the finger marks on my back from hampton holding i dont think the refs were on anyones side.

3. didnt see that one. i would think that there was more to it than that.

4. the better team didnt win. not in my opinion. and as for scoreboard, yea look at it. you should have killed us according to every carter county resident besides king(who had the colosest call on the game, and you tryed to down him for it.)

well see you in the playoffs if you make it that far

Hey Unaka,

You were right about Cosby. They do play dirty and their fans have absolutley no class. When A.T. was being taken to the ambulance, he was right in front of the fans. The Cosby fans just sat there and didn't clap or show him any respect. As always, the Hampton fans were great and stood and cheered for A.T. as he left.

I really believe the Cosby coaches meant to win this game at all costs. They wanted A.T. out of the game But they still LOST. The Dogs beat the Eagles and their refs!!

I hope the Dogs play the Eagles again real soon, so the Eagles can lose again!!

Go Dogs!!!!!

what is wrong with you dogs fans(not all of you) YOU ARE THE MOST CONTRADICTIVE FANS I HAVE EVER SEEN. you said cosby played dirty(bs) and your supporting fact was that the fans didnt clap for a.t.(also bs they clapped too) well whatever cause the team clapped. im done on this topic and done with correcting you guys it is completly redundant

Edited by IBleedBlue13

1. get real. it was a motivational tip for us. the only thing that should have been changed was take him out to take him down. adam himself said it was an accident.

2. get a brain. the refs werent payed by cosby. the acted as if they didnt recive pay or training for that matter. they werent the refs we usually use. we have good officiators usually. i dont know where these knew ones came from but they should stay in shelter for a while. at one point a bulldog had his mouthpiece out and we pointed it out before and after the play. the ref responded with "you play football and let us officiate." between that and the finger marks on my back from hampton holding i dont think the refs were on anyones side.

3. didnt see that one. i would think that there was more to it than that.

4. the better team didnt win. not in my opinion. and as for scoreboard, yea look at it. you should have killed us according to every carter county resident besides king(who had the colosest call on the game, and you tryed to down him for it.)

well see you in the playoffs if you make it that far

King also picked cloudland to win 34-0 against Jellico, and Jellico beat them 22-20. I wouldn't hang my hat on what KING says.

You keep thinking that the better team didn't win last night, if that s what gets you to sleep easier. Face it, our back-up tailback had 117 yards rushing. Do you honestly not think Adam would have doubled that along with a couple more scores? I think you have took to many shots to the head the last couple of weeks if you do. Anyway, I don't care to say it, Cosby is better than I thought, it was a great game, and the best team won. :blink: