Rankings Week 7

mjuhb

They also had 4 losses, some of which were pretty bad. That's the way that rankings work. No doubt CHS is a good team that had a slow start.

These rankings really don't matter anyway, cause the real season starts in a couple of weeks. CHS will be a force to be reckoned with in the tournaments.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are so much better, then why did choak ridge lose? :thumb:

Big Reno should remember that OR didn't have any returning forwards, lost 7 seniors (all starters with 1 exception-she was a starter but had a season ending injury) & still managed to beat siegel, Hendersonville, Farragut (2 times), & West (whom Bearden only beat 2-0). As somone stated in another thread, the best team doesn't always win in soccer. I think OR should be higher in the rankings due to the fact that of their 4 losses, it was to ranked teams (excluding BGA I believe) & they have beaten Farragut 2 times who has only played 4 ranked teams(of which OR was 1 & handed them 2 losses) whereas OR has played 6 soon to be 7 ranked teams (lost 3 -2 of which are #1 & #6). One could easily say OR has the harder schedule so should expect a couple of losses. I think OR is okay with the losses because they love comeback stories.

St. Agnes 2, Collierville 1

Physical game, but only two refs! What were they thinking?!! Two refs were not enough for the speed and physical style for this game. Collierville again scored a goal for their oppenent in the last minute of the game and this time it cost them the game. Collierville scored first in the second half and let down afterwards allowing St. Agnes to score to tie it up. Collierville gave St. Agnes all they could handle and more. Good preparation for the district tournament for both teams.

Does ND tying an unranked A/AA team in thier region impact their standing?

Just an off night or does #2 in A/AA move up, all other things being equal?

Just wondering and congrats again to Hixson, must have played a heck of a game!

What was the shot count? Did Hixson pull a "bunker defense"? Either way, sounds like Hixson had a game plan and pulled it off. I think, though, that Notre Dame will bounce back. Good that this happened in regular season and not in the play offs (from Notre Dames' perspective, that is).

What was the shot count? Did Hixson pull a "bunker defense"? Either way, sounds like Hixson had a game plan and pulled it off. I think, though, that Notre Dame will bounce back. Good that this happened in regular season and not in the play offs (from Notre Dames' perspective, that is).

From the chattanooga times article

Hixson Ties Notre Dame in District 6 A/AA Soccer Game

posted October 3, 2006

Hixson surprised the undefeated Lady Irish of Notre Dame scoring a second half goal to tie the top ranked A/AA team in the state 1-1.

Notre Dame's Jaimee Cooper scored Notre Dame's only goal and Andria Aurand scored Hixson's goal.

Notre Dame out shot Hixson 20-7.

Hixson is now 7-7-2 overall and 1-1-1 in the district.

Notre Dame is 11-0-4 overall and 2-0-1 in the district.