Big 9 confrence

32-34combo

All the pre season hype... about central and DB... and Science hill will AGAIN win the conference...oh.. and what happened with Hess leading central over science hill......that worked out real well for you... i am glad that science hill does not play DB till their star is back... i wont have to get on here and read the excuses for the loss...... oh what was the deal with the kid from Red Bank and central at ROundball the other night.... i got there and it looked like there was a fight... what is the schedule for arby's... who do Science hill and Db have

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true...you could call Barnes the clean-up man. He probably had about 18 himself

I think it will take Coty a while to get back on his horse after he returns. I don't think he will be much of a factor until tournament time.

Does this mean though that he was getting lots of offensive boards and cleaning up the misses. And do you attribute that to THS not being a very good rebounding team,or just coming out flat and East coming out playing good.

I think Sensabaugh is a good enough athlete that he will help DB a ton right when he gets back,however,I think he will hit his prime of the season and the team will too around tournament time,which will just be great for the rest of the conference.

All the pre season hype... about central and DB... and Science hill will AGAIN win the conference...oh.. and what happened with Hess leading central over science hill......that worked out real well for you... i am glad that science hill does not play DB till their star is back... i wont have to get on here and read the excuses for the loss...... oh what was the deal with the kid from Red Bank and central at ROundball the other night.... i got there and it looked like there was a fight... what is the schedule for arby's... who do Science hill and Db have

Dont know what paper you are reading because Central did not get a lot of hype, all of the talk was about the 2 Powell kids from South and the 2 or 3 big kids from D.B and the 2 kids from South are not very good at all and have never proven anything... And the D.B. kids are good players but Throp and Coty are the ones that should be talked about, they are proven what they can do... As for Hess leading Central past S. HILL, i never recall that ever being said on here, with that being said now i can tell you that S. HILL has a good team but they are not as great as you think they only lead Central by 6 points in the 4th quater and Central had a lot of turnovers that were unforced, S.Hill will lose 3 or 4 games at least in the Big 9 this year.....

Does this mean though that he was getting lots of offensive boards and cleaning up the misses. And do you attribute that to THS not being a very good rebounding team,or just coming out flat and East coming out playing good.

I think Sensabaugh is a good enough athlete that he will help DB a ton right when he gets back,however,I think he will hit his prime of the season and the team will too around tournament time,which will just be great for the rest of the conference.

Barnes experience showed against the youth and inexperience of the Vikings. He was able to get position on most of the offensive boards. That was also the worst shooting I have ever seen out of a Viking team…ever! Other than that the game came down to not being able to adjust to Snap’s’ hot streak. East is not that good…but Isaac Snap is if you let him get into the zone (if you know what I mean). After getting that far behind the Vikings that were cold as dry ice from the field had no answer…no one to give the green light too. They also chose to bring the ball down the traditional press break style, which eat a lot of clock…instead of allowing the ball handler to back the press down like they should have in my opinion.

heatplaya a.k.a. OMAR, SHUT UP!!!

seriously, everyone on here knows that you are heatplaya, so stop getting on here asking questions you already know the answers to. you know good and well what happened at the game, because you were there! and you also know who you guys play in the arbys, so why don't you tell us what team you draw so we will get to come watch somebody shut you down!

Sylvester will have to go with Basketball in College. Getting 5 or 6 carries a game in football will never get him noticed by the College scouts.

He is as good or even better on defense, but they have no runningbacks. He will probably never get to play defense or very little. I agree, basketball will be his ticket.

The coacht scoreboard says it was 55 to 51 DB. :lol:

Snapp had 28 points on the Vikings last night. I think he may have missed 2 shots and he was fouled on one of those. The Vikings coach never made adjustments to stop (or should I say slow down) Snapp. He just eat us alive and the Viking squad couldn't hit Boone lake with a baseball last night!!! :thumb: If this is a sign of how this season is going to be I would suggest that we all just sit in the stands and watch the Toppers compete in the Arby's this year because it's lookin like it could get ugly for the rest of us!!! :lol:

When the kid pulls the three in the guys face, there isnt much you can do to stop him or slow him down. I have seen the kid play and Everyone should know if he comes down the court with the ball odds are that he is going to pull it from as far back as he has to. So i dont think you should say the coach didnt make adjustments, because I'm sure if he was shooting like that then every coach would have said something. Maybe your son just couldnt guard him?

When the kid pulls the three in the guys face, there isnt much you can do to stop him or slow him down. I have seen the kid play and Everyone should know if he comes down the court with the ball odds are that he is going to pull it from as far back as he has to. So i dont think you should say the coach didnt make adjustments, because I'm sure if he was shooting like that then every coach would have said something. Maybe your son just couldnt guard him?

The players for the Vikings were well aware of Snapp b4 the game and wat he is capable of, but to tell u the truth the coach should have went man instead of zone most the time or atleast stuck one person on Snapp the whole game.Witcher didnt do that though and im sure with someone in his face putting pressure on him would have reduced his percentage. I think about 5 of snapps 6 threes were uncontested because of miscommunication on Defense and one was just in a players face. I'm sure Young could have guarded him though...

Barnes experience showed against the youth and inexperience of the Vikings. He was able to get position on most of the offensive boards.

Pretty sure Barnes played JV last year. If you knew as much as you say you do about the teams in the conference, surely you would have known that. Like someone said, Barnes is a hoss. Pretty fast for his size too.

It’s been my experience that if you limit a players touches you limit his scoring opportunities. Actually that’s just common sense. Its easy to say after the fact but if it were me I would assign a player to guard Snapp in man to man defense with the directive of not allowing him to get the ball. If he brings the ball down the court he should immediately draw the double team. Make East beat you with their other players.

Pretty sure Barnes played JV last year. If you knew as much as you say you do about the teams in the conference, surely you would have known that. Like someone said, Barnes is a hoss. Pretty fast for his size too.

You’re as sure as a CLOWN could be expected to be :P ! Barnes started several games for the Patriots varsity last year. Why don’t you try to exercise just a little common sense before you start jawing on here. :thumb: