Oak Ridge at William Blount

TG24

WB is coming off of another heartbreaking Region loss, while Oak Ridge is looking to rebound after a loss to McMinn in OT.

This has shaped up to be one of the biggest games of the year for these two teams. If Oak Ridge loses to WB, they are looking at a #4 seed in Region 2, possibly at missing the playoffs, both of which seemed unthinkable a couple weeks ago. If William Blount loses, they will probably be stuck with a trip to DB in the first round, and that's if they beat McMinn, a very strong team this year.

If you had asked me the outcome of this game in the middle of August, I would have laughed at you. WB has looked very strong though, capable of winning every game they have played in (with the exception of Maryville.) Oak Ridge is down, compared to OR standards. Is this the year William Blount FINALLY beats the Cats?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a big disadvantage for WB is that OR did lose a heartbreaker for them as well. I don't think they will lose two in a row. Is everyone well for the Govs?

WB is coming off of another heartbreaking Region loss, while Oak Ridge is looking to rebound after a loss to McMinn in OT.

This has shaped up to be one of the biggest games of the year for these two teams. If Oak Ridge loses to WB, they are looking at a #4 seed in Region 2, possibly at missing the playoffs, both of which seemed unthinkable a couple weeks ago. If William Blount loses, they will probably be stuck with a trip to DB in the first round, and that's if they beat McMinn, a very strong team this year.

If you had asked me the outcome of this game in the middle of August, I would have laughed at you. WB has looked very strong though, capable of winning every game they have played in (with the exception of Maryville.) Oak Ridge is down, compared to OR standards. Is this the year William Blount FINALLY beats the Cats?

Wow! A WB win in this one would throw the entire region into confusion. I agree it seems almost unthinkable that OR would be in this position, but if they don't come to play and the game being at WB... this could be another big upset.

Based on their games against Farragut and Ooltewah, this WB team is very capable of pulling a win out. I hope it happens, but I would have to pick OR in this one. They are going to be in a fowl mood.

Anyway, good luck to both teams!

I don't know... if you are a Oak Ridge or DB and go into Knox or Blount counties you have to play the officials too. Blount has the worst around, followed by Knoxville. Oak Ridges' ani't nothing to write home about sometimes. But none of the officials get paid squat anyway so you get what you pay for.

Edited by bounder

In spite of all the rhetoric on CoachT postings, I don't believe the officials make that much difference in high school footbal games. Yeah, sometimes it appears that way because of bonehead calls at critical times in a game. However, the teams still have to play it out on the field.

I've heard all the complaining about the officials, but if you are better, you are going to win, regardless of mistakes by the officials. Most games I have seen in TN or anywhere else, all come down to this (that is if both teams are pretty even in talent) which team makes the fewest makes the fewest mistakes, and high school, a great kicking game can really make a difference.

While I support the current HC I still do not understand why we continue to run a 3-4 defense. Im I the only one who can tell that it does not work against a quality team? Sure it will work against Heritage, Clinton, and Bradley but we do not have the personnel to run it and be effective against a good team. If we continue to run the 3-4 we will loose to William Blount, Hooterville, and Farragutless. I hope I am wrong but they will definately be dog fights.

Nick,

Is this a veiled reference to the support you have for Lussier's defensive abilities? Call Stanton up and find out why they continue to run this and let us know. Good luck.

Ole Dad

While I support the current HC I still do not understand why we continue to run a 3-4 defense. Im I the only one who can tell that it does not work against a quality team? Sure it will work against Heritage, Clinton, and Bradley but we do not have the personnel to run it and be effective against a good team. If we continue to run the 3-4 we will loose to William Blount, Hooterville, and Farragutless. I hope I am wrong but they will definately be dog fights.

I don't know... if you are a Oak Ridge or DB and go into Knox or Blount counties you have to play the officials too. Blount has the worst around, followed by Knoxville. Oak Ridges' ani't nothing to write home about sometimes. But none of the officials get paid squat anyway so you get what you pay for.

Holy crap dude you gotta be kiddin me blount has the worse officals have you been ooltewah go down there oak ridge and see if you get any kind of breaks blount by far does not have the worse refs