Oak Ridge at William Blount

TG24

I liked that we went for 2. Just wish we would have made it. I know they work on those scenarios in practice. Bottom line is that the game should have never went to OT. Our whole football team needs to improve. This week we will find out what we are made of. We have to bounce back.

Edited by NickOrlando

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is this:

- yes, this team has issues with cohesiveness and sometimes with their heart.

- yes, the are not playing to their full potential like was expected by Coach Stevens.

- yes, OR fans are not used to losing and are really foul about losing.

- yes, even tradition-rich programs have rebuilding years - accept it and move on...

- yes, we still need to support our players and coaches and not instictively throw our hands in the air at the first loss and just say the entire season is a loss. Anyone who has been to the playoffs knows it's a "second season" and everyone's even. If we don't get this win, we're struggling to make the playoffs and depend on others instead of earning it outright.

- OR fans, get off your high horse, support our team because it IS our team and our community, and take things as they come. Support our coaches because it's what we have right now, and we need to support them as much as we can, not throw them all under the bus at the first instance of trouble.

- What kind of true fans are we that we can't realize anyone can beat anyone on a given night. DB and MC were just better those nights. Every Friday night is a new chance to prove who the better team is. OR has just been used to coming out on top and freaks out wjen it doesn't happen that way. The fact that the stands were half full the last couple of weeks for OR is a testament to how YELLOW some fans are. They scatter at the first sign of adversity.

True fans stay through thick and thin, and still behind their team, right OR Kat?

You are right ... it's just an opinion.

Tank,

I appreciate your candor but I disagree. I would have (my opinion only) made the other team lose the game and gone with the percentages. This is an easy statistic for you. What are the percentages of PAT's made by OR this season? What are the percentages of passes completed? What percentage of the completed passes went for 3 or more yards. So what percentage of passes attempted were completed for 3 or more yards. Just guessing here but you can fill in the numbers but I would guess the percentage of making the PAT were at least 3 times greater than making the 2 point conversion with a pass. The reason they make you start going for 2 after 3 OT's is because most coaches are smart enough to make the other team lose and not give the game away. Just my opinion so each of you is entitled to your own.

Ole Dad

I'm tired of all this BS from both sides of the issue. Let's get together and move on! It's up to the coaches to get things right and about time for all of us to just support the team and quit complaining about what did or didn't happen. I'm as guilty as anybody but from now on I will only have positive things to say. If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. I know you have a right to your opinion but if it isn't positive please keep it to yourself!!!

Edited by bounder

I'm tired of all this BS from both sides of the issue. Let's get together and move on! It's up to the coaches to get things right and about time for all of us to just support the team and quit complaining about what did or didn't happen. I'm as guilty as anybody but from now on I will only have positive things to say. If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. I know you have a right to your opinion but if it isn't positive please keep it to yourself!!!

OK, I'm POSITIVE your ribs are outstanding! :thumb:

Oak Ridge HAS to win! I am counting on y'all coming west to play in the playoffs.

As to the other things going on I have no idea because I am not there, but this does NOT sound like the supporters of a tradition rich Oak Ridge the rest of us have come to know.

That's right BigCat Ridger, stay with 'em. Let's go get Willie B. And don't forget, "It's a first down for the CHEROKEEEEEEES! That guy was killin' me.

Pass to number 8....sweep to the left.... It's Randy Sanders' predictable offense!

Chuck won't be ther because he's go his brother's wedding Saturday AM and has family coming in. It'll just be me!

Do or die time 'Cats!

Git R Done! :justwrestle:

You think maybe a coach has thought about this before the 3 minutes he had at that moment? That's kinda like having a reactor and not planning for what happens if the cooling pump fails. You plan ahead for things that are predictable in your profession before they actually happen and you only have moments to decide. Anyway, if would be great if it would have worked but the odds were against it happening. Remember, 3 things can happen when you throw a pass and 2 of them are bad. Go Cats. I know Stanton will work hard to get them on track and wishes as much as anyone that we had won the 2 games we lost.

Ole Dad

I'm sure he wasn't thinking of all of that in the 3 minutes he had before the OT.....