Gordonsville vs. Monterey

croz6110

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess one player was better than the whole SC team.

Anyway,

Antwan, what's your opinion on this game?

I'd like to hear it.

He was a one man wrecking crew. He won both of those games on heart alone. Those were two of the best performances I've seen by any player in high school...and he did it to us two years in a row.

G-ville has a very good chance to win this game easily if they can refocus. The loss last week was devastating. You have to remember that you will get another chance in the playoffs and against FCS later in the regular season. This is the kind of game that is dangerous for a letdown. Monterey played a good 1st half against FCS and TC...and then lost handily. They struggled to beat Upperman. There's no way this game should be closer than 14 points. This game will tell if G-ville is ready for a late season and playoff run.

He was a one man wrecking crew. He won both of those games on heart alone. Those were two of the best performances I've seen by any player in high school...and he did it to us two years in a row.

G-ville has a very good chance to win this game easily if they can refocus. The loss last week was devastating. You have to remember that you will get another chance in the playoffs and against FCS later in the regular season. This is the kind of game that is dangerous for a letdown. Monterey played a good 1st half against FCS and TC...and then lost handily. They struggled to beat Upperman. There's no way this game should be closer than 14 points. This game will tell if G-ville is ready for a late season and playoff run.

Foster didn't do bad at all in 1998, and Leslie Woodard had a good game for GV that year.

Thanks for the insight. I completely agree.

If GV can bounce back and win out, which is possible, they might could win the region.

I know you posted it on another thread,but what are the order of tiebreakers in case of a tie in the region.

Foster didn't do bad at all in 1998, and Leslie Woodard had a good game for GV that year.

Thanks for the insight. I completely agree.

If GV can bounce back and win out, which is possible, they might could win the region.

I know you posted it on another thread,but what are the order of tiebreakers in case of a tie in the region.

Here is a link to the tssaa site. The tie-breakers are on page 1.

http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/football.pdf

Thanks for the link, but it was clear as mud. So, is it overall record or head to head first?

It's head to head. If there's a 3-way tie...it goes to overall record...or as it states...most wins. One thing to remember is that when one slot it determined...it starts all over again.

You got to admit that SC fans were worried in the first half of the GV game.

Too bad you have to play 4 quarters.LOL. :thumb:

Check out 1994,1995,1997,1998.

Now back to Gordonsville and Monterey.

I would just like to add that in the 50's and 60's Frank Gifford was the quaterback for the New York giants. However, Fran Tarkington came into the picture and left for the Minnesota Vikings where he bacame the king of all those who live in choke land. Scotty and Captain Kirk had a much better relationship with each other than did Bones and the Captain. Spock was constantly being logical and many annonymous henchmen gave their lives in the pursuit of infinite knowledge. However, on the subject of this thread: Go Monterey!!!! .

p.s. had a few minutes and decided to have some fun. Mr. Polesit put me up to it. Good luck to all this week and may all remain injury free.

I would just like to add that in the 50's and 60's Frank Gifford was the quaterback for the New York giants. However, Fran Tarkington came into the picture and left for the Minnesota Vikings where he bacame the king of all those who live in choke land. Scotty and Captain Kirk had a much better relationship with each other than did Bones and the Captain. Spock was constantly being logical and many annonymous henchmen gave their lives in the pursuit of infinite knowledge. However, on the subject of this thread: Go Monterey!!!! .

p.s. had a few minutes and decided to have some fun. Mr. Polesit put me up to it. Good luck to all this week and may all remain injury free.

Monterey may be asking for Scotty to beam them up this Friday.

:thumb::thumb::ph34r: