Single A - preseason top 8

grammar

I'm just thrilled that all the west people are reading about what this post is about before giving us their 2 cents. This is not apreseason top 8, but rather a ranking of the top 8 that will meet at the boro in march. therefore, there can't be a million teams from the west in the ranking. :blink:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just thrilled that all the west people are reading about what this post is about before giving us their 2 cents. This is not apreseason top 8, but rather a ranking of the top 8 that will meet at the boro in march. therefore, there can't be a million teams from the west in the ranking. ;)

Just gave mine for the whole state.Dont know what region some of the teams are in.When i find out the regions,I will post my state tournament teams.I also know there are sum good teams in east and middle tenn.but they are not as good as a lot of the teams in west tenn.If sum of the teams played in the west,some would not make it out of the district and i know sum would not get out of the region.

I know Unaka has alot returning, however, This could be one of the toughest districts in the state. Any of 4 teams could win it. I believe Hampton has the upper hand. The return 2 players in the post both of which can drop step and throw it down. they also return Mike Lunceford as 2 guard and milhorn at point. As well as bobBY james. Once the football players return and they get their rythem they will be tough to beat. They will need someone to step up from the bench to be the 6th and 7th men. The loss of Michael Guy hurt.

I know Unaka has alot returning, however, This could be one of the toughest districts in the state. Any of 4 teams could win it. I believe Hampton has the upper hand. The return 2 players in the post both of which can drop step and throw it down. they also return Mike Lunceford as 2 guard and milhorn at point. As well as bobBY james. Once the football players return and they get their rythem they will be tough to beat. They will need someone to step up from the bench to be the 6th and 7th men. The loss of Michael Guy hurt.

Michael said he would be back after the first few games, he should be playing good by the time the football players get in tune.

Unless University high had some good transfers, ther is no way they make it. They will be a one man team with woodacre. He is probably the best player in 1a this side of knoxville, but he can't do it alone. Hampton returns nearly everyone from a substate team last year. Cloudland also returns most of their starters as does Unaka. Any of these teams could finish 1 through 4. But I can't see UH winning this conference. They can not win the big games.

Man you are totally wrong over the preseason University High has had major improvment in the post and their guards have gotten a lot better and woodacre seems unstoppable right now

My top eight will be something like this

1. Union City-- Even be a Lake County fan i've got to go with a team that won state in the district. But repeating will be even tougher with some inexperience players in the post. Will really miss the x-man and Quis. But MJ Brown is a star in the making.

2.Lake County-- Seen them in summer leagues and some of the players on the aau travin teams. Lots of size and tons of athleticism. Brandon and Channing might be the best two wing players in the state in single a.

3.Temple-- Alwayes seems to find thereselfs at the campus of mtsu. Got upset in substate but i expect a showing in this tournment.

4.Culleoko-- I'm not sold on this team. Has the easyest road to mtsu but got upset in the substate. Having a player like demario and still cant get to state going trough competition like what was at the campus of middle tn. is a disgrace. But for the easyest road i've have to rank yall 4 by the fault. Yall should be the only sure thing going to state.

5.Grace-- With some experence at guard would help. But having the second best post player in the state will repesent yall as the 5th best team in the state.

6.Humboldt-- Lack of deph. at guard will doom this team from making it to mtsu. But are they big inside. Derek Sain is goin to have a huge year and Ej. is a strong moster inside with the ugliest free throw shot i've ever witness in my short life. (Maybe someone can show him to shoot granny style. it couldnt hurt.)

7.Cosby-- Ran into a buss saw in the tournment. But this team does a good job of possition themselves to make a run to the tournment every year.

8.Halls-- This team is short on deph. but Demarkas Patrick can carry this team in streches. C. harris is a beast inside and rebounds and playes with alot of heart. But the lack of deph. at point and post will doom this team.

And i think that Lake Co. will play Union City in the title game to see who will win it all.

I wouldn't be so sure that Humboldt doesn't have depth at the guard position...Yes, Toylon Smith is gone, but they have another smooth shooting lefty down at Humboldt that no one has seen yet along with some other young talent...you never saw them last year because Toylon stayed in almost the whole game...Humboldt will once again be one of the most athletic 1A teams in the state and I see them and Lake Co. coming out of the West

I think CSAS will be there in the end. grace will be too inexperienced at the guard position, and CSAS will be guard heavy. CSAS will have 10 varsity players who they can interchange without much drop-off. This team is still young with only one senior, but it will be hard to find a single A team with more athleticism. This team reminds me a lot of the '91 team that finished runner-up in the state. Also, they beat Temple the last time they played so don't forget that. CSAS also hosts the district and the region, and they are very tough to beat at home. Those of you who have been to the 3rd know what I am talking about.

Silverdale will be much improved from as far as experience and talent overall. I am not saying that we are one of the best teams, but we will be better. I was glad to see Legend bring up the fact that the last time Temple and CSAS played, CSAS won! Sometimes we get tired of hearing about how good Temple is and how good Grace is when other teams in our district are getting better and going to be good. In the region, CSAS is a team that Grace and Temple had both better to be ready to play when they meet. I was at the Grace and Temple games at CSAS and Grace was better last year and won by a point or two and CSAS shot terrible and played bad and still beat Temple.

Don't be jealous little silverdale boy. Don't be hatin' on good teams. You're school will do fine, but you guys are young and new so there isn't a whole lot to talk about. You are just now joining the rivalry. No one cares about TACS. I am glad you guys stepped into the light (TSSAA). I hope Silverdale adds fuel to the Reg 3A rivalry. It will make it even better.

We all know I am a temple fan, but look at it this way. This year's Temple team is in the position of last year's Grace team. Temple has all the elements to take it all. If they play strong and hard all year, I believe they will win. Last year, Grace was the team and had a GREAT lineup. I feel they will rebuild this year. I think at the beginning they will start slow, but then Grace will impress people, but I say give them another year so we can see what they are building with. We know they have McMasters, so I can't wait to see what team Mattheiss is putting together for the next two years.

As for CSAS, all I heard last year was Powell this and Powell that, so I don't know what to expect. I do know that they will dominate their District, and will be a good team. I just don't know how good they will be. I mean, come on, it is CSAS. They put up a fight and have talent. and I hate their gym. It's not so much the crowd, but the fans' voices bounce off the walls and the ceiling.

Unless University high had some good transfers, ther is no way they make it. They will be a one man team with woodacre. He is probably the best player in 1a this side of knoxville, but he can't do it alone. Hampton returns nearly everyone from a substate team last year. Cloudland also returns most of their starters as does Unaka. Any of these teams could finish 1 through 4. But I can't see UH winning this conference. They can not win the big games.

uh having a larger playing floor gives them an extreme advantage against the smaller schools in the divison, and giving woodacre room to work can be very dangerous, if teams try to double team he'll find the open man pretty easy

I wouldn't be so sure that Humboldt doesn't have depth at the guard position...Yes, Toylon Smith is gone, but they have another smooth shooting lefty down at Humboldt that no one has seen yet along with some other young talent...you never saw them last year because Toylon stayed in almost the whole game...Humboldt will once again be one of the most athletic 1A teams in the state and I see them and Lake Co. coming out of the West

Union City will be coming out the west,but the other spot will be between Lake Co,Humboldt,and Middleton.Middleton will be ok to make a run at state with Cheirs,T.Murden,B.Mckinney,and Al Mckinney coming back.Middleton will be hosting a substate game out of their region,and i see Humboldt or Lake Co having to travel their were it will be very difficult to win.