Albert Haynesworth gets 5 game suspension

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dare_2_dream

It sickens me to see the replay of Albert Haynesworth's out of control actions from Sunday.

Totally UNCALLED for ,a nd more proof that Fisher has lost control on this team.

He gets a 5 game suspension handed down from the league........may have criminal charges as well.

I hear is going to be on Jack@$$ for his dumb stunt he pulled this weekend. He is a knucklehead.

They keep talking criminal charges and wanting felonious assault charges brought against him. Remember, they have video and the video shows solid evidence that he could have hurt him much worse. The evidence if and when it is brought to trial, will clearly be argued that his intent was to injur but not to mame or kill. I'm not taking up for what he did but when this kind of charge goes to a trial, it will boil down to intent.....period. Have they got enough evidence to bring felonious assault charges against him?.....NO. But, if they can bring all the previous mishaps that have surrounded him over the last three to four years in as evidence.......well, it can't be good! One thing is for sure. I, like many of you, have been taken in by his soft demeanor when he faces the camera. He's bipolar in nature...not saying that he is but he has that Jekyll / Hyde thing going for sure and when the cameras are on him up close, he turns on that boyish charm and quickly deflates the entire episode. He did this when he had that "road rage" incident involving his HUMVEE and another car on the interstate where they tried to bring vehicular assault charges against him. He cannot hide this time. Too many people saw it. He's going to pay not only for these five games but also his future contract.

STICK A FORK IN 'CAUSE HE'S DONE AS A TITAN! B)

They keep talking criminal charges and wanting felonious assault charges brought against him. Remember, they have video and the video shows solid evidence that he could have hurt him much worse. The evidence if and when it is brought to trial, will clearly be argued that his intent was to injur but not to mame or kill. I'm not taking up for what he did but when this kind of charge goes to a trial, it will boil down to intent.....period. Have they got enough evidence to bring felonious assault charges against him?.....NO. But, if they can bring all the previous mishaps that have surrounded him over the last three to four years in as evidence.......well, it can't be good! One thing is for sure. I, like many of you, have been taken in by his soft demeanor when he faces the camera. He's bipolar in nature...not saying that he is but he has that Jekyll / Hyde thing going for sure and when the cameras are on him up close, he turns on that boyish charm and quickly deflates the entire episode. He did this when he had that "road rage" incident involving his HUMVEE and another car on the interstate where they tried to bring vehicular assault charges against him. He cannot hide this time. Too many people saw it. He's going to pay not only for these five games but also his future contract.

STICK A FORK IN 'CAUSE HE'S DONE AS A TITAN! :lol:

You're right about the Jekyll & Hyde nature of Haynesworth.Reminds me of a certain Cowboy who I believe is "Bi-Polar".

Haynesworth did,at least,seem to be sincerely apologetic.

He needs,though,to make sure he apologises AGAIN to Andre.Then apoligize AGAIN to coach Fisher,to the Titans organization,to Coach Parcells & the Cowboys orginization,to the NFL,to his family once again.To EVERYBODY. Once right after the incident isn't enough.

Then,during his time off,he needs to have some counseling for anger management.Go through it all.

I believe he's remorseful but it most definitely CAN'T happen again!

You're right,regardless of what happens now,Haynesworth may not be back next year.

THE SQUAD B)

Not to mention his other incident with KICKING his own teammate back in 03 at practice. This was addressed in the media and there is video where he insists it was the heat. yeah, right........Fisher also talks about the heat and his frustration.

Add it all together.....and ERA you are right. Goodbye AL!

Even when I played in high school football, there were times where I wanted to do what Haynesworth did, but I knew better. Heck, even it pitching in slow pitch softball there have been many occasionals where I've wanted to throw one overhand pitch right at a batter's head. I think we all have.

But what he did was stupid and irresponsible, and I think he caught a break. And the NFL continues to be an enigma in this. Flag a guy for 15 yards for hitting a QB low, but only giving a guy 5 games for tearing off a helmet and stomping on him? Give me a break. He should have been gone for the season, period.

Shows to me the NFL probably doesn't care, it just wants to protect the sexy, marketable pretty-boy quarterbacks.

Even when I played in high school football, there were times where I wanted to do what Haynesworth did, but I knew better. Heck, even it pitching in slow pitch softball there have been many occasionals where I've wanted to throw one overhand pitch right at a batter's head. I think we all have.

But what he did was stupid and irresponsible, and I think he caught a break. And the NFL continues to be an enigma in this. Flag a guy for 15 yards for hitting a QB low, but only giving a guy 5 games for tearing off a helmet and stomping on him? Give me a break. He should have been gone for the season, period.

Shows to me the NFL probably doesn't care, it just wants to protect the sexy, marketable pretty-boy quarterbacks.

This kind of thing is why we are having such a problem in HS sports with ejections this year with kids losing their cool and taking it out on another player. It all carries over, and time for the NFL to make a stand and show these over-paid athletes the DOOR and a lil jail-time.

I agree Sol,it should have been the rest of the year,without pay.

Everyone seems to forget this is about precedent. Before this suspension, 2 games was the highest a player was suspended for on field actions. 5 games means that is doubled plus 1. This shows the NFL is taking this very seriously. This is equal to a 40 game suspension in baseball and a 20 game suspension in hockey and basketball. So I say the NFL did a great job. Haynesworth is also without $190,000.

Guest dare_2_dream

Everyone seems to forget this is about precedent. Before this suspension, 2 games was the highest a player was suspended for on field actions. 5 games means that is doubled plus 1. This shows the NFL is taking this very seriously. This is equal to a 40 game suspension in baseball and a 20 game suspension in hockey and basketball. So I say the NFL did a great job. Haynesworth is also without $190,000.

I think they should tie him down and let someone stomp on his face

Guest dare_2_dream

Yes cause that would be sending the right message. Sorry, we don't live in England under William I.

Sarcasm, man. I honestly think he should be kicked out of the league. He is an idiot, a disgrace to the Titans organization. Its bad enough we are 0-4, but now we have people trying to intentionally hurt someone, severely at that. He would not be playing for me, I dont care how talented he is. He is a joke, along with PacMan.