Albert Haynesworth gets 5 game suspension

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone seems to forget this is about precedent. Before this suspension, 2 games was the highest a player was suspended for on field actions. 5 games means that is doubled plus 1. This shows the NFL is taking this very seriously. This is equal to a 40 game suspension in baseball and a 20 game suspension in hockey and basketball. So I say the NFL did a great job. Haynesworth is also without $190,000.

Is this really that different from what Artest did? About the only difference is that he didn't go after a fan, but a guy laying on the ground without a helmet. Both snapped and did something stupid.

Albert has lost whatever reputation as a player he was starting to earn.

He will NEVER be elected to the Pro Bowl.

His "demons" got the better of him- again.

At least he demonstrated contrition and some smack of maturity by realizing his actions harmed not only his team and teammates, but his family, his children, and his last name.

It might be best for him, in all honesty, that he retire at the end of the season.

Or, maybe Al Davis will offer the Titans two first round draft choices!

Albert has lost whatever reputation as a player he was starting to earn.

He will NEVER be elected to the Pro Bowl.

His "demons" got the better of him- again.

At least he demonstrated contrition and some smack of maturity by realizing his actions harmed not only his team and teammates, but his family, his children, and his last name.

It might be best for him, in all honesty, that he retire at the end of the season.

Or, maybe Al Davis will offer the Titans two first round draft choices!

I agree.

Was that you on the "Wake up Zone" on 104.5 at about 10:40 this morning?

If so,very well spoken... :lol:

THE SQUAD :lol:

Is this really that different from what Artest did? About the only difference is that he didn't go after a fan, but a guy laying on the ground without a helmet. Both snapped and did something stupid.

Yes, it is different for the fact that Haynesworth showed remorse for what he did. He said it was the wrong thing to do and he took full respondsibility. However, Artest still defends his actions.

Haynesworth has not ruined his career. Yes, people will remember what he did. However, players realize that emotions get the best of people sometimes and that Albert is not that type of guy all the time. He will gain back the respect of players quicker than that of fans.

Thing is his actions were not the only sickening sight of Sunday afternoon. A Saints DB, dove and tackled Steve Smith at the knees, when the ball was thrown across the field away from Smith. The ball was no where near Smith and this DB decided that he would take a cheap shot at the best WR in the NFL. If that would of been a QB he would of been fined and suspended.

:thumb: He could face criminal charges, if someone gets up the courage to do it. If no one

else, the State should. They have all they need w/ the video. On the other hand, it would

be only a misdemeaner, and from the way these things have been handled in the past in

Nashville with celebrities, sports players, etc., it would be a waste of time; no more

than a slap on the wrist! I am a diehard Cowboy fan , and we have had more than our

share of these types of people over the years. People like this, should be banned from

pro sports. Even if a team gets rid of a player, another team will pick him up if he is an "All

Pro" caliber player. The NFL should prevent them from going to another team.

And, yes, Oakland would, no doubt, be the first in line to sign him.

Yes, it is different for the fact that Haynesworth showed remorse for what he did. He said it was the wrong thing to do and he took full respondsibility. However, Artest still defends his actions.

Haynesworth has not ruined his career. Yes, people will remember what he did. However, players realize that emotions get the best of people sometimes and that Albert is not that type of guy all the time. He will gain back the respect of players quicker than that of fans.

Thing is his actions were not the only sickening sight of Sunday afternoon. A Saints DB, dove and tackled Steve Smith at the knees, when the ball was thrown across the field away from Smith. The ball was no where near Smith and this DB decided that he would take a cheap shot at the best WR in the NFL. If that would of been a QB he would of been fined and suspended.

So using your logic, if a murderer shows remorse for killing someone, his sentence should be less? He still did what he did, and should be punished appropriately. For what it's worth, at least Artest was hit in the head with a soda, Haynesworth just got steamrolled on a Julius Jones TD run and he cried about it. Five games is not enough, IMO.

So using your logic, if a murderer shows remorse for killing someone, his sentence should be less? He still did what he did, and should be punished appropriately. For what it's worth, at least Artest was hit in the head with a soda, Haynesworth just got steamrolled on a Julius Jones TD run and he cried about it. Five games is not enough, IMO.

In the courts, if someone shows remorse from the beginning and the action was not planned before hand then yes the sentence is usually shortened. That is the way it is.

In the courts, if someone shows remorse from the beginning and the action was not planned before hand then yes the sentence is usually shortened. That is the way it is.

So maybe Haynesworth should plead temporary insanity then, and then maybe he'd just have to go to group therapy a couple of times a week for the rest of the season?

So maybe Haynesworth should plead temporary insanity then, and then maybe he'd just have to go to group therapy a couple of times a week for the rest of the season?

Sorry, but that is how the system works. If you want to change it, do something about it.

Haynesworth will go on and have a productive career. The Titans want re-sign him and he will be productive just like all the others have been (Mason, Rolle, McNair, Boiman, Runyan, Kearse)

SQUAD-

yup, guilty as charged. Actually that was a rebroadcast of the segment at 6:40 when I got on. I felt that it would be important to look at the ramifications of his actions, rather than just the typical "What he did was terrible, he should be banned."

As far as prosecuting him outside of the league, the history of successful prosecutions with professional athletes in these matters- no matter what the sport or venue- is not very good.

And trust me, whether it's the Titans in Nashville, the Lakers in LA, the Crimson Tide in Tuscaloosa, or the Skyhawks in Martin- high profile athletes are generally given a pass from serious prosecution. Always have been. . and always will be.

Guest dare_2_dream

Who cares if he defends his actions? He is an idiot. He intentionally ripped a mans face apart with a metal cleat. I seriously doubt he is sorry for what he did. What he did is completely different from the Ron Artest incident. No one hit Artest with a beer from the stands. He just angry because he and his team stink, bottom line. If he has that big of a problem with, whats he going to do the Titans are 0-10?