Albert Haynesworth gets 5 game suspension

Who cares if he defends his actions? He is an idiot. He intentionally ripped a mans face apart with a metal cleat. I seriously doubt he is sorry for what he did. What he did is completely different from the Ron Artest incident. No one hit Artest with a beer from the stands. He just angry because he and his team stink, bottom line. If he has that big of a problem with, whats he going to do the Titans are 0-10?

From the look of things, it seems like you are the one who is angry. Everyone has lost their cool at some point in time and some choose to walk away then some choose to do something they regret later. Haynesworth chose the later. I believe his apology and that is all I can do. The Cowboys accepted it, the player accepted it, so lets forget about it and move on.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dare_2_dream

From the look of things, it seems like you are the one who is angry. Everyone has lost their cool at some point and time and some choose to walk away then some choose to do something they regret later. Haynesworth chose the later. I believe his apology and that is all I can do. The Cowboys accepted it, the player accepted it, so lets forget about it and move on.

Im angry because everyone is all "oh he said he is sorry", who cares. The man apologized, that doesnt mean a thing. And your right, we all have been mad but how many of us have slammed a metal cleat into someones face? Albert is a big baby, things dont go his way so he gets mad. He is pathetic, he wants to be traded, well I think this stunt should be his one way ticket to any city he so pleases. Him and PunkMan both need to go to the Raiders, and just make things worse out in Oakland.

Sorry, but that is how the system works. If you want to change it, do something about it.

Haynesworth will go on and have a productive career. The Titans want re-sign him and he will be productive just like all the others have been (Mason, Rolle, McNair, Boiman, Runyan, Kearse)

What are you saying, that because this guy said "I'm sorry" we should forget his track record. Look at his past

Haynesworth timeline

Oct. 2, 2006 - The NFL suspends Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth five games for flagrant unnecessary roughness. He was ejected from a game against the Dallas Cowboys after he stomped on Dallas center Andre Gurode's face.

May 12, 2006 - Haynesworth charged with reckless endangerment after another motorist complained he tried to run a car off the interstate. The charges were later dismissed.

Nov. 20, 2005 - Haynesworth and Jacksonville safety Deon Grant got into a confrontation after the game. Several players and coaches had to separate them.

Dec. 28, 2003 - Haynesworth was deactivated for a game after he became upset during practice and threw a punch at offensive lineman Matt Martin before arguing with coach Jeff Fisher who ordered him off the field.

August 2003 - Haynesworth was stopped during a drill in training camp by center Justin Hartwig, then kicked Hartwig in the chest.

June 5, 2002 - Haynesworth fought two offensive linemen after consecutive plays during a Titans' minicamp practice.

November 2000 - As a sophomore at the University of Tennessee, Haynesworth was suspended for the first half of a game against Kentucky after he got mad at an offensive lineman during a practice, left the field and returned with a long pole. Coach Phillip Fulmer stepped in before anyone was injured.

This guy is an idiot for what he did. He looked down at a man without a helmet and stomped on his head. If this was in the streets, charges would have been filed. He should be gone for the season. He has a history of losing his temper and acting like an idiot. You can defend him all you want, but next time it might be your head he stomps on for cutting him off on I-24.

Guest dare_2_dream

What are you saying, that because this guy said "I'm sorry" we should forget his track record. Look at his past

Haynesworth timeline

Oct. 2, 2006 - The NFL suspends Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth five games for flagrant unnecessary roughness. He was ejected from a game against the Dallas Cowboys after he stomped on Dallas center Andre Gurode's face.

May 12, 2006 - Haynesworth charged with reckless endangerment after another motorist complained he tried to run a car off the interstate. The charges were later dismissed.

Nov. 20, 2005 - Haynesworth and Jacksonville safety Deon Grant got into a confrontation after the game. Several players and coaches had to separate them.

Dec. 28, 2003 - Haynesworth was deactivated for a game after he became upset during practice and threw a punch at offensive lineman Matt Martin before arguing with coach Jeff Fisher who ordered him off the field.

August 2003 - Haynesworth was stopped during a drill in training camp by center Justin Hartwig, then kicked Hartwig in the chest.

June 5, 2002 - Haynesworth fought two offensive linemen after consecutive plays during a Titans' minicamp practice.

November 2000 - As a sophomore at the University of Tennessee, Haynesworth was suspended for the first half of a game against Kentucky after he got mad at an offensive lineman during a practice, left the field and returned with a long pole. Coach Phillip Fulmer stepped in before anyone was injured.

This guy is an idiot for what he did. He looked down at a man without a helmet and stomped on his head. If this was in the streets, charges would have been filed. He should be gone for the season. He has a history of losing his temper and acting like an idiot. You can defend him all you want, but next time it might be your head he stomps on for cutting him off on I-24.

Thats what I been trying to say, just because he said he is sorry doesnt mean we should forget what he did. He is an idiot and deserves everything he is getting.

I heard today that the Players Association will not let him appeal his suspension.

Actually the NFLPA wanted him to appeal the suspension, but Albert did not want to.

Albert has a press conference scheduled for today, so we will see what he says. Apparently Gaude has a history of grabbing guys below the belt, which may of set off his tantrum on the field. I don't know if this is true, just some things I am hearing.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

Guest dare_2_dream

I think that he wants to have a pitty party where everyone thinks that he is the victim.

Well he is the victim :lol: . He has apologized but yet people still down him, that sounds like he is the victim to me. :thumb: