WHO IS THE BEST HIGH SCHOOL TEAM YOU HAVE EVER PLAYED OR SEEN?

RANDY SAVAGE

Good list, however probably the best team ever out of Tenn. would be the 96 Brentwood Academy team. Finished #2 in USA today, 15-0, handled a great Riverdale team in the clinic bowl. Had multiple D-1 signees. Also, 97' team was that good too, ran off 15 more in a row, finished #3 that year in USA today, multiple signees out of that senior class as well. Those two teams could match up with anyone. I played against that 94 cleveland team in the clinic bowl and they were awesome.

I agree! I forgot about those guys from BA. I played against them in 93 and 94 and they were outstanding! Without a question the most D1 athletes I ever played against and they were all on the field at the same time! I wish the unfrotunat suicide of the star of that team had not taken place Mr. Lee was without question the best player I ever played against and that was his Fr and So year! But you are right my friend that team was VERY special! :thumb:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea Knox Catholic is a good team but after they play fulton Harrison Smith will look like nuthing when on the same feild as Dennis Rogan.

No doubt that Rogan is very good football player but Mr. Smith is pretty dang good as well! If Im not scouting potential playoff opponents next week I will most certainly be in Knoxville for that clash, should be a barnburner! :thumb:

Big Country I think Pearl Cohn is one of the best teams Ive ever seen but in one way did they Cruise to a easy 4a state championship they beat a Knoxville Halls team 14-0 at the time 18-14 thats not an easy win but I do agree!

That was the '96 Pearl Cohn team (made the playoffs as a #4 seed) that beat Halls 18-14. I remember they upset a very good Fayette Ware team in the state semifinals 28-20.

The '97 Pearl Cohn team went 14-1 (lost the season opener to MBA) and won their final 14 games of the year. They were unscored upon in playoff wins over Shelbyville, Whites Creek, Springfield, & Dyersburg. They cruised to a 3TD victory (and it wasn't even that close) over Maryville in the title game.

Sorry I agree.....must have been sleepy last night. You are correct. The BA team from 96 was awsome. Austin Kemp and T. Lee (horrible story). Thanks for reminding me. You know these kind of threads are fun, but if you ask Coach Flatt, he will still say the 86 AE team was the most talented team he has seen. They had everything: Von Reeves at DE/TE, LeRoy Thompson at RB/S, Joe Fishback LB, Mossy Taylor QB/RB, the other DE played at Louisville and the RB Joey Smith who started at Louisville. I know I am missing some more. The amazing thing is that when I was a Senior at Alcoa in 83; Thompson and Fishback actually played a large part of the game and they were Freshman and they won the state that year beating MUS at Vandy who had beaten BA in the Semis. I know all of this because on of my best college buddies was a starting guard on that 83 BA Team. His little brother was also Allstate on the 88 BA Team and he went on to become an All American Track Star at UT (UNIV. OF TEXAS). Sorry for the rambling but I can relive the 80's with the best of them!

You're right that AE was unbelievable, I cried when they beat BA in the Clinic Bowl that year in 86, I was 9. I played with Tito and Austin, they were sophs when I was a sr.I grew up watching those BA teams in the 80's. Saw many a game at Vandy and in the playoffs against Alcoa and AE. Here's a good memory - in 88 I remember watching your friends brother - Jason Patrick beat Pascagoula (sp?) MS with Shane Matthews and Terrell Buckley at Pascagoula - BA wins 6-0, JP burning Buckley on a go route for the only score of the game - pass was from Jeff Brothers (vandy and current JPII coach). Unbelievable. Those were the real days of TN high school football.

You're right that AE was unbelievable, I cried when they beat BA in the Clinic Bowl that year in 86, I was 9. I played with Tito and Austin, they were sophs when I was a sr.I grew up watching those BA teams in the 80's. Saw many a game at Vandy and in the playoffs against Alcoa and AE. Here's a good memory - in 88 I remember watching your friends brother - Jason Patrick beat Pascagoula (sp?) MS with Shane Matthews and Terrell Buckley at Pascagoula - BA wins 6-0, JP burning Buckley on a go route for the only score of the game - pass was from Jeff Brothers (vandy and current JPII coach). Unbelievable. Those were the real days of TN high school football.

Then I played against you to! That 94 team was something else. I played at Sevier Co and we came down there and gave you all a pretty good game some how. I think that Tito was hurt that game but there was plenty more tallent to take up the slack! That was by far the funnest game I ever played or coached in again one of the best ever and probably the most tallented I have ever seen! :thumb:

2000 or 2001 MBA team, whichever team had Ingle Martin on it

Martin's senior year was the 2000 season; the MBA team from his junior year (1999) was the highlight year of his career (link to 1999 MBA schedule) . MBA opened the season with a win at "The Pit" (Lincoln County), then shut out the defending 5A champs (Oakland) the following week in Murfreesboro. A 26-21 victory over a Bolles (FL) program that was just a few years removed from a national #1 ranking was the win that put MBA on the national map that year and for a few years thereafter.

To put things in perspective, all of the other eight DII-AAA champions either have lost at least one game during the regular season or have had at least two regular season league games decided by a TD or less. The 1999 state champion MBA team outscored its six regular season league foes 237-19 (average 40-3) and its closest league game was 31-0 (BA). Two playoff wins by 28 and 34 closed out a season that will never be forgotten by Big Red fans.