Ridgeway Tops Dandy Dozen

rhsplaya55

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all subjective ... but it’s what makes talking about it so much fun. I do think that OB should be located above Germantown because of their margin of loss difference to South Panola. I have no problem with Ridgeway moving to the #1 spot or that Melrose dropped to #3. Why is Marion, @ 3-2 located at #11? Why not drop them out of the Dandy Dozen and put in Fairley @ 5-2, or BTW @ 6-0 at the 12th spot and move Millington up to 11? Before anyone says anything about BTW's schedule ... they have beat the teams on their schedule with authority ... why are they not deserving? If you don't like BTW, then why not put in Fayette Academy, who is @ 6-0 and annihilating all of their opponents.

It's all subjective, and fun to talk about.

I say put in BTW,this is a team that what 3 yrs ago lost to Ridgeway like 85-0 or something like that.I think its a great job on the players and coaches part to have a 6-0 record regardless of who they play.

we tried to play mus and cbhs but they wouldnt play us, south panola schedule is full and they wont play 2 games in the memphis area and white station wont play us b/c they dotn want to play a team they could meet in the playoffs...and if you root for w/e team plays against rhs....looks like your teams are doing a great job this year.

as far as CBHS not wanting to play ya'll, i don't think that is true. When we set up the schedule for last year, we scrimmaged Ridgeway in spring practice with about 6 out of the 22 starters actually playing and scored about 6 touchdowns. So to say we didn't want to play ya'll or that we were scared to play ya'll is a load b/c Locastro isn't scared to schedule a game against Cooley b/c he coached w/ Cooley in the all star games and thought is knowledge of the game subpar at best. I don't play for CBHS this year, i graduated, but i was on the team last year and I can tell you right now, i don't care how bad or good we are, we don't not schedule some1 b/c we don't want to play them.

as far as CBHS not wanting to play ya'll, i don't think that is true. When we set up the schedule for last year, we scrimmaged Ridgeway in spring practice with about 6 out of the 22 starters actually playing and scored about 6 touchdowns. So to say we didn't want to play ya'll or that we were scared to play ya'll is a load b/c Locastro isn't scared to schedule a game against Cooley b/c he coached w/ Cooley in the all star games and thought is knowledge of the game subpar at best. I don't play for CBHS this year, i graduated, but i was on the team last year and I can tell you right now, i don't care how bad or good we are, we don't not schedule some1 b/c we don't want to play them.

I never said that CBHS or anyone else was scared to play RHS...I just said it didn't happen and that we wouldn't play (probably becuase of scheduling issues), but I know both schools are contemplating games for next year when they have openings in their schedules...as far as Cooley's knowledge of the game being sub-par...you have to be joking...you dont coach for 25 years and win a state chamionship and not know anything about the game and i mean if you come and see the facilities and the difference in RHS and CBHS there is no comparison...Cooley's job is 10 times harder than Locastro's b/c his team receives no funding, no alumni checks, no RECRUITING (and don't say they don't do it because I know for a fact there are a couple kids that went there who were at/supposed to go to Ridgeway), and just the kids' personal background that Cooley has to deal with...he is the only father figure many of those kids have and must balance helping kids with their personal life along with coaching the team...don't come on here running your mouth about a Coach you know nothing about.

Edited by rhsplaya55

This week, the Commercial Appeal has Ridgeway at teh to spot of its Dandy Dozen football poll. This is the highest ranking EVER for RHS whose previous highest ranking before 2006 was 4th (2002). Caongrats to the Ridgeway staff and players on this achievement, but we all knwo polls mean nothing and we still msut play the games as hard as ever because everyone will be lookign to knock RHS off. This is the poll:

1. Ridgeway (6-0)

2. ECS (7-0)

3. Melrose (6-1)

4. Germantown (5-1)

5. Olive Branch (5-1)

6. Covington (6-0)

7. Wooddale (6-0)

8. CBHS (5-2)

9. West Memphis (4-1)

10. White Station (6-0)

11. Marion (3-2)

12. Millington (6-1)

Melrose was formerly the #1 team with Ridgeway 2nd, but two lackluster performances in back-to-back weeks by the Wildcats have dropped the down to #3. What are evryones thoughts on where these teams are situated?

Personally, I like it just fine (though i am a bit biased :thumb:). I believe that

White Station should be at least 6th or 7th, that OB should be ahead of Germantown (based on each team's performances against South Panola University), and that Melrose should not have dropped below ECS. Your thoughts?

Rhsplayer55,

I have no problem with Ridgeway being #1 or ECS being #2. They're both undefeated, with ECS having dismantled MUS--the team that beat Melrose.

IMO, the Commercial Appeal seems to have finally discounted Ridgeway's 14-0 loss to Melrose, durning this year's jamboree....That's the main reason, in my view, that Ridgeway wasn't ALREADY ranked #1.

Olive Branch should be #1A or #2, no worse than 3rd but...for sure, way ahead of Germantown!

Melrose, should be about 4th. The have a #1 or #2 defense and are loaded with talent (as usual) but, have an inept offense and too many discipline issues to warrant being ranked any higher. Those are the kind of issues that could easily cause them to lose to top-tier team, such as the ones the CA has ranked ahead of them.

As for 5th thru 12.... I couldn't say exactly how I'd rank them. I just know that Woodale should be ranked lower, due to its porous defense. Germantown should be ranked about a notch above both White Station and Woodale, until those 2 teams prove that they can finally beat Gtwn (they'll get their chance, in a few weeks).....I'd put CBHS a notch above Gtwn-- 'cause they have a decent defense, for the most part.....Millington is about right.....I know nothing about WM, Marion or Covington.....Although Covington is undefeated, they play 3A ball. So, who really knows their true strength-- I sure don't.

well, all i said was that is what i heard, and if you are who i think you are, i'm laughing at you right now. neways, if you coach for 25 years, u better have one a state championship or you are pathetic. as far as us "recruiting" some of those kids that were supposed to go to ridgeway didn't play very much for CBHS, the only one i can remember ever having come close to going to ridgeway was Jared Collier and to be honest we could have played without him b/c he didn't produce much with us, he's a hard nosed kid, but def not a big factor as far as playing for us last year. Also, if u know a few kids that were "supposed" to go to Ridgeway, that didn't, please name them and i'll tell you whether or not they were "recruited" and as far as "recruiting" goes, since we do not have any sort of middle school or nething, every player we have has been convinced somehow by someone to come to CBHS. So call it recruiting if you want, but in order to really get people to even come out and play football or any sport at that, there needs to be some sort of convincing and that is all recruiting is, convincing. As far as Cooley being a father figure and blah blah, i don't really care, coaching and worrying about these kids "personal live" are 2 completely different fields. He may be a great father figure and man, but if he was as great a coach as u say he is maybe he'll start coachin up on some passing game. And finally, i never said nething about him not knowing anything about the game, i jus said i heard he was SUBPAR, subpar means, not up to par or not up to expected or anticipated. So.............congrats on #1 i guess

well, all i said was that is what i heard, and if you are who i think you are, i'm laughing at you right now. neways, if you coach for 25 years, u better have one a state championship or you are pathetic. as far as us "recruiting" some of those kids that were supposed to go to ridgeway didn't play very much for CBHS, the only one i can remember ever having come close to going to ridgeway was Jared Collier and to be honest we could have played without him b/c he didn't produce much with us, he's a hard nosed kid, but def not a big factor as far as playing for us last year. Also, if u know a few kids that were "supposed" to go to Ridgeway, that didn't, please name them and i'll tell you whether or not they were "recruited" and as far as "recruiting" goes, since we do not have any sort of middle school or nething, every player we have has been convinced somehow by someone to come to CBHS. So call it recruiting if you want, but in order to really get people to even come out and play football or any sport at that, there needs to be some sort of convincing and that is all recruiting is, convincing. As far as Cooley being a father figure and blah blah, i don't really care, coaching and worrying about these kids "personal live" are 2 completely different fields. He may be a great father figure and man, but if he was as great a coach as u say he is maybe he'll start coachin up on some passing game. And finally, i never said nething about him not knowing anything about the game, i jus said i heard he was SUBPAR, subpar means, not up to par or not up to expected or anticipated. So.............congrats on #1 i guess

YOU'RE A NUT CASE!!!!! You have anger management problems.

Where do I begin?First of all there are alot of coaches that have not won any Championships.Since we are going on hear say,I have heard of alot of players being looked at in middle schools and being recruited,and that means financial aid being given.How many students are being convinced if they dont play sports?As far as you saying that coaching and worrying about these kids "personal lives" are 2 completely different things,then I hope you never go into coaching,because I bet you if you ask the coach at CBHS or any coach worth anything if they had the chance to either affect a young man's life for the better on the field or off ,they would say off.The last thing I have to respond to is in on of your post you said "Locasto thought his knowledge of the game was sup-par",I would hate to think that a coach would tell a player that .