Ridgeway Tops Dandy Dozen

rhsplaya55

This week, the Commercial Appeal has Ridgeway at teh to spot of its Dandy Dozen football poll. This is the highest ranking EVER for RHS whose previous highest ranking before 2006 was 4th (2002). Caongrats to the Ridgeway staff and players on this achievement, but we all knwo polls mean nothing and we still msut play the games as hard as ever because everyone will be lookign to knock RHS off. This is the poll:

1. Ridgeway (6-0)

2. ECS (7-0)

3. Melrose (6-1)

4. Germantown (5-1)

5. Olive Branch (5-1)

6. Covington (6-0)

7. Wooddale (6-0)

8. CBHS (5-2)

9. West Memphis (4-1)

10. White Station (6-0)

11. Marion (3-2)

12. Millington (6-1)

Melrose was formerly the #1 team with Ridgeway 2nd, but two lackluster performances in back-to-back weeks by the Wildcats have dropped the down to #3. What are evryones thoughts on where these teams are situated?

Personally, I like it just fine (though i am a bit biased <_<). I believe that

White Station should be at least 6th or 7th, that OB should be ahead of Germantown (based on each team's performances against South Panola University), and that Melrose should not have dropped below ECS. Your thoughts?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week, the Commercial Appeal has Ridgeway at teh to spot of its Dandy Dozen football poll. This is the highest ranking EVER for RHS whose previous highest ranking before 2006 was 4th (2002). Caongrats to the Ridgeway staff and players on this achievement, but we all knwo polls mean nothing and we still msut play the games as hard as ever because everyone will be lookign to knock RHS off. This is the poll:

1. Ridgeway (6-0)

2. ECS (7-0)

3. Melrose (6-1)

4. Germantown (5-1)

5. Olive Branch (5-1)

6. Covington (6-0)

7. Wooddale (6-0)

8. CBHS (5-2)

9. West Memphis (4-1)

10. White Station (6-0)

11. Marion (3-2)

12. Millington (6-1)

Melrose was formerly the #1 team with Ridgeway 2nd, but two lackluster performances in back-to-back weeks by the Wildcats have dropped the down to #3. What are evryones thoughts on where these teams are situated?

Personally, I like it just fine (though i am a bit biased <_<). I believe that

White Station should be at least 6th or 7th, that OB should be ahead of Germantown (based on each team's performances against South Panola University), and that Melrose should not have dropped below ECS. Your thoughts?

I have no problem with Ridgeway moving to number 1. However, I don't understand the ECS move. Also I agree, Olive Branch and White Station are too low.

i think rhs stinks they do not deserve to even be in the poll so what they beat bartlett. Rhs stinks

Figured your stupid tail would be on here...so why dont u go ahead and tell us why rhs stinks or what team you support...then we can see who stinks moron.

its actually pretty funny how your sole purpose on here is to bad mouth us...i guess thats all you have to do in your pathetic life.

Personally, I like it just fine (though i am a bit biased :blink:). I believe that

I think it took them too long to rank them #1. At the start it was Mus, Mel, Cb and us. Melrose lost to the #1 but then MUS lost and both stayed 1&2. It took 2 losses for MUS to move down, then they slid all the way to 12th. Which put the #1 team with a loss to the #12 team. Melrose maybe (?) the better team but it would be hard for me to put a 6-1 team over a 7-0, and I think ECS beat MUS, which beat Melrose.

I never have really liked the way this poll is done. It doesn't give you 1st place votes, total points and to this day I don't know who is doing the voteing. Last year I wasn't happy with OB and W/Memphis being at the top. Just how much does anyone follow the teams in Ms., and Ark. to know who these teams are beating. We all know that OB doesn't play any of the better teams in Memphis.

I know that it is the Commercial Appeal and they have readers in these areas. I would like them to have a city, area and overall ranking. If they can spend a week covering a game that happened 10 years ago, then I think they could do this for high school football.

Like you said, it's a poll. Won't get you 1 yard on the playing field. But it sure does sound good when you can say "We're #1". Just hope us and Melrose can say it in about 10 weeks. :thumb:

Figured your stupid tail would be on here...so why dont u go ahead and tell us why rhs stinks or what team you support...then we can see who stinks moron.

its actually pretty funny how your sole purpose on here is to bad mouth us...i guess thats all you have to do in your pathetic life.

Your keyboard only has so many strokes on it. Don't waste any of them on this person.

1. Ridgeway (6-0)

2. ECS (7-0)

3. Melrose (6-1)

4. Germantown (5-1)

5. Olive Branch (5-1)

6. Covington (6-0)

7. Wooddale (6-0)

8. CBHS (5-2)

9. West Memphis (4-1)

10. White Station (6-0)

11. Marion (3-2)

12. Millington (6-1)

Personally, I like it just fine (though i am a bit biased :lol:). I believe that

I agree White Station should be at least 6 or 7 they are 6-0 arent they as well as Wooddale,Germantown should be below Olive Branch since they did only lose to South Panola by what 6 or 7 and Germantown lost by what 40?As far as West Memphis,Marion and Olive Branch being in poll at least Olive Branch does play some Memphis teams (even if they are weak teams)West Memphis and Marion do not come across the river and play anyone that I'am aware of.With Germantown,White Station and Wooddale yet to play eachother it should get interesting with the next 3 weeks or so.

I agree White Station should be at least 6 or 7 they are 6-0 arent they as well as Wooddale,Germantown should be below Olive Branch since they did only lose to South Panola by what 6 or 7 and Germantown lost by what 40?As far as West Memphis,Marion and Olive Branch being in poll at least Olive Branch does play some Memphis teams (even if they are weak teams)West Memphis and Marion do not come across the river and play anyone that I'am aware of.With Germantown,White Station and Wooddale yet to play eachother it should get interesting with the next 3 weeks or so.

Big sneaky......You put a 3-4 MUS team in front of Wooddale and Covington tells me that you either don't know footbal or are totally biased.

Get a grip. Wooddale will get their chance to prove themselves starting this thursday at Houston. You need to let the MUS thing go............

BG

It's all subjective ... but it’s what makes talking about it so much fun. I do think that OB should be located above Germantown because of their margin of loss difference to South Panola. I have no problem with Ridgeway moving to the #1 spot or that Melrose dropped to #3. Why is Marion, @ 3-2 located at #11? Why not drop them out of the Dandy Dozen and put in Fairley @ 5-2, or BTW @ 6-0 at the 12th spot and move Millington up to 11? Before anyone says anything about BTW's schedule ... they have beat the teams on their schedule with authority ... why are they not deserving? If you don't like BTW, then why not put in Fayette Academy, who is @ 6-0 and annihilating all of their opponents.

It's all subjective, and fun to talk about.

Edited by kwc

hey playa55 you should not talk a lot cause if you play for rhs and you are number 55 then you stink. as for the team i root for it is who ever ridgeway lines up against on friday nights. i think ridgeway plays a crappy schedule. i know that they have to play their region teams but why can't they play MUS, Cbhs or south panola like germantown. seems to me that they are scared. if their is fear in your hearts let me know!!

we tried to play mus and cbhs but they wouldnt play us, south panola schedule is full and they wont play 2 games in the memphis area and white station wont play us b/c they dotn want to play a team they could meet in the playoffs...and if you root for w/e team plays against rhs....looks like your teams are doing a great job this year.

The poll itself doesn't mean much as it lumps everyone together and most of the teams in it never even play each other. The poll is the VERY SUBJECTIVE opinion of one or more of the Commercial Appeal's sportswriters. But, as KWC says, it is fun to talk about! I think the players pay attn. to the poll just to see who is there but I don't think they really take it seriously.

Congrats to Ridgeway for getting off to a great start...let's keep it rolling in the last half of the season!

hey playa55 you should not talk a lot cause if you play for rhs and you are number 55 then you stink. as for the team i root for it is who ever ridgeway lines up against on friday nights. i think ridgeway plays a crappy schedule. i know that they have to play their region teams but why can't they play MUS, Cbhs or south panola like germantown. seems to me that they are scared. if their is fear in your hearts let me know!!

A game with CBHS is in the works for next year. There is a lot more to scheduling an opponent than just putting the game on the calendar. A lot of times, teams want to play but their open weeks don't match up.

Everyone talks about how much tougher the other local 5A region is...I will agree that it is tougher week in and week out but I also know that in the playoffs last year, our region held its own against the other region.

Funny how your sole purpose on this board has been to bash Ridgeway - from your screen name to your posts. Maybe you post regularly but just created a new screen name this past week to post your negative RHS comments. Whatever... Keep rooting for whoever Ridgeway lines up against on Friday night and keep grinding your axe on coacht... We will keep showing up on Friday night and playing the game on the field.

As for rhsplaya55, if you knew anything about Ridgeway football, you would know who he is.