Ridgeway Tops Dandy Dozen

rhsplaya55

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not talking about state rings from 20 years ago. I didn't say that you guys never beat MBA or Brentwood. I said that you would probably present that as your argument after we win state in 5A. I'm going to ask a serious question and would appreciate an honest answer. If Ridgeway, Melrose, or some other good city school team had the money and facilities that CBHS or MUS had, who do you think would be a better team? Now answer honest and don't just type out the first thought that comes to your mind. I'm not saying that you guys are good only because you have the nicest facilities and have the ability to give kids a scholarship. You have a good caoch and a great group of kids to work with. But don't you think that it helps to have these things when other teams don't. Wouldn't you consider it a huge advantage to have a weight room that's as nice as many colleges? I wish you could see the weight room Ridgeway has. I struggle to even call it a weight room. Sorry to rant, I just hate hearing private school guys put our accomplishments down over the years and feel the need to come on a forum that has nothing to do with you and put down Coach Cooley. I never once thought that as a team any private school in the city was more athletic than us. They just did the little things right and I have never taken away what they have accomplished. So why do you choose to do it to us?

PapaOfBoo,

It's too bad that we won't get to see Melrose & Ridgeway square off, and settle this score. That game would definitely command a premium on tickets & bring in some big bucks.

I too am keeping my fingers crossed for a loooong day of football, that Championship day in Murfreesboro!

I game at a time....next (victim) up, Millington.

Maybe Melrose and Ridgeway can schedule each other next year.

Maybe Melrose and Ridgeway can schedule each other next year.

That would be great, OMW.

Fankly, I don't know why Melrose & Ridgeway ever stopped playing each other. Their games were always intense, exciting (despite the scores) and jammed pack with fans.....So what that Ridgeway moved up in class. These 2 teams should have continued to play one another!

Such a shame.

...just my 2-cents worth.

Fankly, I don't know why Melrose & Ridgeway ever stopped playing each other. Their games were always intense, exciting (despite the scores) and jammed pack with fans.....So what that Ridgeway moved up in class. These 2 teams should have continued to play one another!

Such a shame.

I agree, It would be good for both teams and Memphis football.

They first started playing when both teams were in 3A and Tim Thompson was the coach at Melrose. Melrose moved to 4A before Ridgeway did and they did not play each other then. They played again when Ridgeway moved to 4A for two years. I remember a 12-10 quarterfinal loss for Ridgeway at Melrose that was a great game (in 3A)- probably the closest between the 2. You are right, the games were always intense and packed. I think a lot of the kids know each other and that always added to the rivalry.

Such a shame.

Does anyone know who makes the schedules for the different regions? I would guess that TSSAA tells each school when they play the other teams in their region but MIAA should have some say in it because of the fields that are available? The way it was explained to me is that MIAA controlls the fields even if it is at a schools campus??????

Anyway R/way only had 3 games to play with this year and with Arlington comming into region 7 next year that leaves 2. From some post I have seen on the TSSAA site it is up to the coaches to fill in these extra games. Since I have been here Cooley has scheduled 2 away games that were over nighters. I don't know what will be done next year, I wouldn't think that Cooley would have locked in any of these games knowing that he wasn't going to be here.

I wished that we would have played Melrose instead of Horn Lake but that just may not have been possible because of the schedule and if a field was open.