Milan

westtn2004state

First, Im not trying to start controversy.

If the TSSAA APPROVED the move and APPROVED him playing in Milan. It then is not Coach Morris' responsibility to tuck that kid in every night and make sure hes sleeping in Milan. I do not see how they will make Milan forfiet any wins. The TSSAA can't say.."We approve these actions"..and then halfway through the season penalize their own approvement.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First, Im not trying to start controversy.

If the TSSAA APPROVED the move and APPROVED him playing in Milan. It then is not Coach Morris' responsibility to tuck that kid in every night and make sure hes sleeping in Milan. I do not see how they will make Milan forfiet any wins. The TSSAA can't say.."We approve these actions"..and then halfway through the season penalize their own approvement.

Yes they can. Worse than this THEY WILL!!!! Milan is going to suffer the same fate as what CPA did a few years back.

What happened at CPA?

We had a 3rd string player in 2003 that we just played when the game was already well in hand (typically he got to play the last few minutes if the 4th quarter). Mid way through the season, one of our coaches discovered that he had played in another sport at his previous school. It was an adminitrative mistake on our part, we self reported to the TSSAA and they changed every one of our wins to a forfeit. We had to win out the remainder of the games to make the playoffs which we did.

This is hypothetical, so don't jump down my throat. But I think that even IF a coach chose to willingly play an ineligible player, the other players should not be penalized for it. Fine the school, or suspend the coach. You don't punish the kids who had nothing to do with it. I have no idea what happened in Milan, but I do know the kids should not be punished for other people's mistakes. I have no horse in this race, that is just my two cents.

This is hypothetical, so don't jump down my throat. But I think that even IF a coach chose to willingly play an ineligible player, the other players should not be penalized for it. Fine the school, or suspend the coach. You don't punish the kids who had nothing to do with it. I have no idea what happened in Milan, but I do know the kids should not be punished for other people's mistakes. I have no horse in this race, that is just my two cents.

It is also possible that the player and his family lied to the coach and are stretching the rules. It's not like you can go to their home and search the place. To a large degree you have to take their word that they actually moved. Same here, no horse, interesting situation.

Announcements