District 11AA

Big Country

I like my War Eagles against SC but sure SC is 4-4 but look at the last four.

vs. Sycamore- A very good team I mean they are 6-1

@ Creekwood- Probably the second toughest place to play

@ Cheatham Co.- They never have played their good but they proved they can.

vs. Harpeth- They are a very talented team.

This would be a tough stretch for anyone.

I see them bouncing back to maybe 9-5 or 8-6.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like my War Eagles against SC but sure SC is 4-4 but look at the last four.

vs. Sycamore- A very good team I mean they are 6-1

@ Creekwood- Probably the second toughest place to play

@ Cheatham Co.- They never have played their good but they proved they can.

vs. Harpeth- They are a very talented team.

This would be a tough stretch for anyone.

I see them bouncing back to maybe 9-5 or 8-6.

Yea look at there last 4 games,, but guess what they play all those teams again.. There remaining schedule looks like this...

@Sycamore

@MOnt Cent

Vs. Waverly

@Harpeth

vs. Cheatham

vs. Mont Cent

at best i see them going 8-6,, because two of there next 4 district games are at Sycamore and Harpeth the two hardest places to play, because of there sixth man there student sections. It will be very loud and intense. Then on top of that they have to play Cheatham again and MOnt Cent twice. Waverly isnt going to be too much competition, but stewart will be very lucky to get 3rd place in this district.

I agree fully, Jimmy Young is a very good coach who has the experience and knowledge of the game that you don't see much of any more. I haven't seen MC play in the past few years, but I would not knock Coach Young because they have been down lately. Give me my choice and I'd take Young over any coach in the district, the Harpeth guy being my second. And, like you, Big Country, I am not acquainted with Coach Young, just recalling what I remember from some years ago and felt the need to defend him as I know he is a respected coach in this area.

I must say that I do not agree with your assessment of Jimmy Young whatsoever. That man has won countless district titles during his time as the head basketball coach at Montgomery Central. Central has been a bit "down" the last two years now but that doesn't mean he should be run out of town. Young is one of the few coaches in the midstate area who I'd say should be allowed to "step down under his own terms".

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THAT THIS ISN'T COMING FROM JIMMY YOUNG'S BIGGEST PAL EITHER :lol::D

Sycamore rolled past Stewart Co. at home by 20. The War Eagles remain at least tied for the lead in the district while Stewart has now lost five district games IN A ROW!!!!!

For the second consecutive Tuesday night Montgomery Central has blown a golden opportunity and now they are in a fight with Fairview & Waverly Central for the final 3 SEEDS in the district.

Sycamore rolled past Stewart Co. at home by 20. The War Eagles remain at least tied for the lead in the district while Stewart has now lost five district games IN A ROW!!!!!

For the second consecutive Tuesday night Montgomery Central has blown a golden opportunity and now they are in a fight with Fairview & Waverly Central for the final 3 SEEDS in the district.

WOW that Mont Cent game shocks me atleast I got the sycamore and Harpeth game right who won the CW and CHeatham game.