Class 5A Region 6

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no particular order - (still too many games to play out for postition) but my four Region 6 - 5A playoff representatives would be:

Franklin

Independence

Dickson County

Ravenwood

Leaves Brentwood out for the first time in a long time.

I left out Brentwood after seeing them play against Franklin and the fact that they lost to Dickson County.

While Brentwood is not as strong as it has been in past years, it still is an opponent to be reckoned with. The younger players are getting invaluable experience, their running game is strong (excluding the Franklin game), and they have exceptional coaches-with the best defensive mind in 5A in Ron Crawford.

DC beating BHS for the first time is a feather in their cap. So is Franklin beating Bruins at their place for the first time in 10 years. Bruins have Indy left, Ravenwood has Indy and DC, so I wouldn't throw dirt on their graves just yet.

Last time Bruins missed the playoffs was Bill Whittemore's sophomore year.

Here is a hint- try to get your licks in now because, from what I've seen, you won't for years to come.

I agree that Brentwood is going be better next year - just too young this year and missing that mean spirited group of years past.

I have the utmost respect for Coach Crawford - and truly wish Johnson was still at Franklin working with Donnie Webb, the respect these coaches have for each other is incredible and the donnybrooks they coached in 2003, 2004, and 2005 were ones for the ages!

No doubt can't ovelook Brentwood - simply by having Crawford at the helm - just think they are going to come up short this year.

I agree that Brentwood is going be better next year - just too young this year and missing that mean spirited group of years past.

I have the utmost respect for Coach Crawford - and truly wish Johnson was still at Franklin working with Donnie Webb, the respect these coaches have for each other is incredible and the donnybrooks they coached in 2003, 2004, and 2005 were ones for the ages!

No doubt can't ovelook Brentwood - simply by having Crawford at the helm - just think they are going to come up short this year.

This week will tell us more once we see DC and Indy play. Brentwood and Ravenwood will coast this week to 4-3. I respect what Indy has done to date but they really have not seen the blitzing defenses that RHS and BHS will bring. Franklin is down compared to last year but still very respectable. Rating the regular season is irrelevant because anything can happen in the playoffs with this much parity amoung the teams in the district.

Over all Region 6 is the toughest group of teams in the 5A year in and year out from top to bottom. Dickson fans are proud to be apart of this group It makes us all better teams! Im picking Dickson county Good luck to all :thumb:

I agree that Region 6 is the toughest in the state. These next few weeks will be critical for some of the teams and should make things interesting the rest of the way. It is too bad that they all have to be in the same region. Can you imagine a state championship with two Williamson County teams playing each other.

Edited by TMA123

This week will tell us more once we see DC and Indy play. Brentwood and Ravenwood will coast this week to 4-3. I respect what Indy has done to date but they really have not seen the blitzing defenses that RHS and BHS will bring. Franklin is down compared to last year but still very respectable. Rating the regular season is irrelevant because anything can happen in the playoffs with this much parity amoung the teams in the district.

I respect what Indy has done to date but they really have not seen the blitzing defenses that RHS and BHS will bring.

Rookie...I would have to disagree with you there. Franklin just might be the best defensive team in the region (Besides Indy's D), and they brought the house against Indy much of the night. If Indy can pick those guys up, they will be more then ready to pick up the blitz from BHS and RHS!

I agree that Region 6 is the toughest in the state. These next few weeks will be critical for some of the teams and should make things interesting the rest of the way. It is too bad that they all have to be in the same region. Can you imagine a state championship with two Williamson County teams playing each other.

No but a DC / Williamson county would be nice!