• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is my two sense...

1st indy wit 0 region loss

2nd fhs wit 1 region loss

3rd rhs wit 3 region losses

3rd dc wit 3 region losses

3rd bhs wit 3 region losses

rhs beats dc, bhs beat rhs, dc beat bhs, how do they divide that up? coin flip like in the movie friday night lights?

TIEBREAKERS

This comes straight from the TSSAA Handbook

1. The team with the greatest number of victories (region and non-region)

2. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

4. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

5. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

This next one is my personal favorite

6. Ten yardline overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 PM.

Okay, here;s one for the rumour mill.......

Have heard this morning from 2 Indy parents that the Eagles starting QB will not play tonight due to a disciplinary issue (no biggie--something about a cheeseburger in the lunchroom yesterday---swear!)

Truth or cacca de toro?

VI

P.S.--I am NOT trynig to stir anything up...would like to squash if just a rumour. If not, makes my picks for the week a little weaker.....

I could see a three way tie between Franklin DC and Indy

DC beats Indy, Franklin beats DC, all finish with one region loss.

I'll throw in a quick reminder for those that are leaving Ravenwood out of the mix...two missed extra points(vs Brentwood/Brentwood Aca.) are the difference between them being 3-3 and 5-1. Not to mention the fact that they had a linebacker with no QB experience play against Franklin with Becker out. Not a team I would want to overlook but maybe you have not seen them play.

Edited by cpk20

I have heard that rumor about Cordell myself, but I don't really know if there is any validity to it. Even if it was, Emory Martin and Nick Smith are more than capable of leading the Eagles to a win. To be honest, I really like the Smith kid's potential (Is he any relation to Scott??) I saw him in some mop-up duty and he doesn't have Cordell's arm strength, but he anticipates things well and has actually been in the system longer than Zac has.

I still like Indy in this region and still believe that Brentwood will be their one major test before the playoffs. This region is all about matchups and I think Indy matches up very well with Ravenwood, who is playing better with Becker healthy. I think Indy can exploit them the way Smyrna should have. Baugh and Darnell should have big games against Ravenwood's smallish secondary. Brentwood, however, has the type of team that could give Indy fits. Physical in the back 7 with a big, lean forward RB. I think Indy goes 9-1 (6-1) and wins the deal.

I don't know the particular order for the final standings but I do know that Indy, Franklin, Dickson County are going to the playoffs. Now Brentwood and Ravenwood have to win out so that they can shake up the standings. Either way, I wouldn't want to see Indy or DC in the playoffs b/c they are on fire right now. I don't see franklin going far and I think Ravenwood will make some noise but not too much. Indy and DC look like two quarterfinal teams.

That's my two cents, take it for what's worth.

As a Gallatin fan I can honestly say that I don't look forward to having to beat any of the 6-5A teams this year. I will look forward to it I guess when the time comes around, but looking at it right now I know this:

Gallatin, who should finish 1st in 5-5A, will play one of these teams in round one-

Brentwood (my pick for the 4 spot as everything stands right now)

Dickson Co. (don't see them dropping lower than third)

Independence (get past DC and they win the region)

Franklin (I think they finish 1st after DC knocks off Indy)

Great football in this region- kind if wish I could see more often. I'm tired of watching the crap they try to pass off as football in Metro.

Okay, here;s one for the rumour mill.......

Have heard this morning from 2 Indy parents that the Eagles starting QB will not play tonight due to a disciplinary issue (no biggie--something about a cheeseburger in the lunchroom yesterday---swear!)

Truth or cacca de toro?

VI

P.S.--I am NOT trynig to stir anything up...would like to squash if just a rumour. If not, makes my picks for the week a little weaker.....

It was in paper today. Is that a school rule at IHS that football players get punished twice.

As a Gallatin fan I can honestly say that I don't look forward to having to beat any of the 6-5A teams this year. I will look forward to it I guess when the time comes around, but looking at it right now I know this:

Gallatin, who should finish 1st in 5-5A, will play one of these teams in round one-

Brentwood (my pick for the 4 spot as everything stands right now)

Dickson Co. (don't see them dropping lower than third)

Independence (get past DC and they win the region)

Franklin (I think they finish 1st after DC knocks off Indy)

Great football in this region- kind if wish I could see more often. I'm tired of watching the crap they try to pass off as football in Metro.

Yes, the Green wave should win out and finish the regular season at 10-0. Region 5 is a tough region. Dickson got a big win against Indy. Brentwood probably finishes 4th, but Coach Crawford will have them ready come playoff time.