Milan must forfeit five games

CoachT

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't feel sorry for milan because you have to remember nobody in west tenn. has won more gold balls so the dawgs will hold their heads up high and fight and scratch their way into the playoffs. why because they are the MILAN(TITLETOWN) BULLDAWGS, that's why. the ones i feel sorry for is USJ WHEN MILAN GETS TO PLAY THEM AGAIN. THAT'S GONNA BE UGLY. POOR USJ PLEASE GO BACK TO 1A cause the only way you'll ever have a win against MILAN is with an asterisk beside it.

Just some food for thought...

Let's say Milan does in fact make the playoffs, and USJ wins the rest of their games...are we looking at a usj milan rematch?

:( ha I'd love to see that one.

Unlikely they will meet again but possible, I hope not this season because we would probably lose some players due to "aggressive play" and that would only hurt us in the next playoff game. USJ will get whats coming next season unless they get moved to another Classification or Region.

I really hate this for the players at Milan. Good luck with the rest of the season. Alot of people in Crockett County are pulling for Milan! Win the rest of your games and move on. If I wasn't such a big Cav fan I'd pull for Milan to win State!!!

you still can root for Milan. Oh by the way, we want PA back at Milan in the near future as our coach. This has been rumored in Milan for a while and now more than ever.

I listened to Ronnie Carter on 101.5 before their broadcast tonight. It sounds to me the parents are the ones at fault and owe an apology to the everyone concerned.

I talked to the TSSAA today and came away with some closure for Milan's situation. The man I talked to was real courteous and more than happy to explain all the details, actually better than Carter did in his interviews. It was clearly a violation and they did the only thing they could do. You can say that it is was the parent's fault or our administration's fault. We have good proof that USJ turned us in and/or conspired with Huntingdon to turn us in. Does not matter which. Huntingdon got theirs tonight and we are chomping at the bit for USJ, be it again in the playoffs or next season.

I talked to the TSSAA today and came away with some closure for Milan's situation. The man I talked to was real courteous and more than happy to explain all the details, actually better than Carter did in his interviews. It was clearly a violation and they did the only thing they could do. You can say that it is was the parent's fault or our administration's fault. We have good proof that USJ turned us in and/or conspired with Huntingdon to turn us in. Does not matter which. Huntingdon got theirs tonight and we are chomping at the bit for USJ, be it again in the playoffs or next season.

What should it matter who turned you in. You should have self reported it. You were cheating.

Well, I'm not from West Tennessee, so I'm not exactly well-informed, and you'll probably get a better, more thourough answer from somebody else, but I'll do what I can and ask for corrections from anybody that reads it if I'm wrong. :thumb:

From what I've heard, it shakes down like this:

Well, Milan and USJ are big rivals. Somebody at USJ found out that Milan was playing/had played an inelligible player during the course of the season. They ran off like a bunch of snitches and told the right people about it (somewhere in the higher-ups), and Milan now has to forfeit their first 5 games.

The reason I think it would be great for USJ to have to play Milan is because I think that it's pretty low for a high school team to rat out another high school team, especially for something like that, especially a region rival, ESPECIALLY when it's USJ, who hasn't exactly been in a position to point fingers at ANYBODY as of late when it comes to TSSAA rules.......And I think if Milan can climb out of the hole they've been put in, or put themselves in (however you want to look at it), and manage to play USJ in the playoffs, they will whip their butt for 48 minutes.

You're missing the point. USJ didn't commit the wrong, Milan did. They are the ones that allowed a player on the team who was ineligible. I realize this is common practice among many teams everywhere, but the fact remains that it is illegal and if you choose to "coach" your team in this manner, you take a chance of being penalized.