Milan must forfeit five games

CoachT

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand. How is this USJ's fault?

Well, I'm not from West Tennessee, so I'm not exactly well-informed, and you'll probably get a better, more thourough answer from somebody else, but I'll do what I can and ask for corrections from anybody that reads it if I'm wrong. :thumb:

From what I've heard, it shakes down like this:

Well, Milan and USJ are big rivals. Somebody at USJ found out that Milan was playing/had played an inelligible player during the course of the season. They ran off like a bunch of snitches and told the right people about it (somewhere in the higher-ups), and Milan now has to forfeit their first 5 games.

The reason I think it would be great for USJ to have to play Milan is because I think that it's pretty low for a high school team to rat out another high school team, especially for something like that, especially a region rival, ESPECIALLY when it's USJ, who hasn't exactly been in a position to point fingers at ANYBODY as of late when it comes to TSSAA rules.......And I think if Milan can climb out of the hole they've been put in, or put themselves in (however you want to look at it), and manage to play USJ in the playoffs, they will whip their butt for 48 minutes.

Well, if Milan hadn't been using an ineligible player, they wouldn't have had to worry about anyone turning them in. Why blame USJ? The blame should lie on the shoulders of the player's parents for trying to twist the TSSAA into thinking they were moving to Milan and then not doing it.

Wow, that is huge in 2A!

Was this player a factor in the five games in which he played? I thought Milan would be one of the teams to beat through the Play-offs, but now can they even make the play-offs at 5-5?

well lets see, milan played humbolt last friday, arguably the second best team in the region. They have two really good backs and are very athletic everywere on the field. Milan first heard about the whole ineligable crap that afternoon. Milan decided not to dress the player in question just in case. good thing huh. Anyway milan put a player that hasn't played a down of offense in his spot and this player was also still starting on defense. HE DOMINATED, as did milan. we won 36-9. so no i would have to say the player contributed to the team and hes a good kid, but as far as being a big factor as to whether or not we would have won, absolutley not.

hhmmm...wonder who might have turned milan in? surley not the mighty bruins, who sent a letter out to every 7-2a coach giving out information on the illegitimacy of one of milans players...

hhmmm...don't do the crime if you can't do the time. It ain't rocket science to figure out what the living situation with the ineligible player was even before the season started. Maybe Milan thought it would fly under the radar? USJ received harsher punishment last year b/c of a delinquent tuition payment. My advice - quit whining and concentrate on winning out and show up in the playoffs without your ineligible player.

Well, if Milan hadn't been using an ineligible player, they wouldn't have had to worry about anyone turning them in. Why blame USJ? The blame should lie on the shoulders of the player's parents for trying to twist the TSSAA into thinking they were moving to Milan and then not doing it.

The kid did move to milan. Him and his mother stay every night at a house they rent here. the contraversy arose when usj went and tattled that his dad was still living in jackson. Theres really nothing wrong with that as far as i know. The kid and his mother live in milan just like they said. USJ has no room to question anything milan does anyway especially after they told the kid that they didn't want him to play there anymore. Or after the milan usj game this year. I never thought i would say this but i am going to pray every night that usj starts winning games just so we can see them in the playoffs!! Im not going to hold my breath tho. If i were yall i would DEFINATLY not want to face milan ever again. if its not this year itll be next year week 4 but one way or another we will get revenge!

I didnt cry for Fayette-Ware when they had their unfortunate situation I wont cry for Milan as bad as i hate it for the kids broken rules are broken rules which means you gotta pay And unless you were there when the person from USJ told the TSSAA you shouldnt spread unfounded rumors it comes off as classless as the Milan fans were calling USJ after Bulldog-Bruin game

Well, I'm not from West Tennessee, so I'm not exactly well-informed, and you'll probably get a better, more thourough answer from somebody else, but I'll do what I can and ask for corrections from anybody that reads it if I'm wrong. <_<

From what I've heard, it shakes down like this:

Well, Milan and USJ are big rivals. Somebody at USJ found out that Milan was playing/had played an inelligible player during the course of the season. They ran off like a bunch of snitches and told the right people about it (somewhere in the higher-ups), and Milan now has to forfeit their first 5 games.

The reason I think it would be great for USJ to have to play Milan is because I think that it's pretty low for a high school team to rat out another high school team, especially for something like that, especially a region rival, ESPECIALLY when it's USJ, who hasn't exactly been in a position to point fingers at ANYBODY as of late when it comes to TSSAA rules.......And I think if Milan can climb out of the hole they've been put in, or put themselves in (however you want to look at it), and manage to play USJ in the playoffs, they will whip their butt for 48 minutes.

How do you know it was USJ who snitched? Aren't there other teams that will be more likely to gain from Milan's forfeited games? Do you have proof that someone from USJ was the snitch or are you just assuming?