Milan must forfeit five games

CoachT

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I took from it:

TSSAA APPROVES ANYBODY! WHAT A JOKE! He basically said they will approve any transfer as long as they have the basics covered. Then said that principals are left the job of investigating after that. EXCUSE ME?? WHAT DOES YOUR BUTT DO ALL DAY?? YOU'RE OVER THE SPORTS, MR. CARTER! KRIS TODD IS HAVING TO EDUCATE KIDS, DEAL WITH THE DRESS CODE, DEAL WITH ATHLETICS, ETC.... YOUR JOB IS TO DEAL WITH SPORTS! WHY IN THE heck IS KRIS TODD LEFT TO INVESTIGATE SOMETHING THAT YOUR OFFICE IS TOO LAZY TO DO???????? At Milan and other schools, a parent must give TWO PROOFS OF RESIDENCY! Last I checked, the Hansen's did that. What is Mr. Todd suppose to do after that??? Mr. Todd cannot go into every single residency forms and investigate whether or not they live where they're suppose to.

Schools know when they join the TSSAA, mainly because the schools are the ones that MAKE the rules, that they are responsible for making sure that their student-athletes are eligible. It is not the job of the TSSAA to do that because schools do not want them to be involved in that and do not want to pay the TSSAA to hire investigators statewide. No one at Milan, or the TSSAA, did anything intentionally wrong here but, apparently, the rules were not followed.

Region Standings are now:

Region 7

# Team Region Overall

1 Humboldt 2-1 4-2

2 Huntingdon 2-1 3-3

3 Peabody 2-1 5-1

4 Westview 2-1 5-1

5 Univ School of Jackson 2-1 2-4

6 Gibson Co. 1-2 3-3

7 Milan 1-2 1-5

8 Dresden 0-3 1-5

Milan has played Gibson Co, USJ, and Humboldt with Huntingdon, Peabody, Westview, and Dresden left on their schedule.

Fri Oct. 6 Huntingdon R

Fri Oct. 13 at Dresden R

Fri Oct. 20 Peabody R

Fri Oct. 27 Westview R

Edited by coacht

Ok, we have to get something straight here. The ineligable player did NOT participate in Milan's game against Humboldt...therefore, they do not have to forefeit that win. Milan's record is now 1-5, overall and 1-2 region. That places them 6th in the region. If they win out the season, they still make the playoffs and with some bad luck for a couple of the other teams, they could still take the region.

Guest NoPainNoGain

Wow, that is huge in 2A!

Was this player a factor in the five games in which he played? I thought Milan would be one of the teams to beat through the Play-offs, but now can they even make the play-offs at 5-5?

As for making the playoffs, very possible. All Four remaining games are Region Games (Huntingdon, Dresdon, Trenton and Westview), and it Milan runs the table, they will be 5-2 in the Region. I like their odds of running the table, as they probably would have anyway, but now that they are mad, look out. Don't sell Milan short of still playing for a State Championship.

The way I have it figured IF Milan runs the table IF - they would finish no lower than 2nd in the region. If Humboldt drops another region game and IF Milan runs the table the Dawgs would be region champs. They would hold the tiebreaker over everyone else expect USJ and GC. I fully expect Milan to be focused every game. They can't let up and as of now - The Playoffs start Friday night against the Huntingdon Mustangs.

Go Dawgs - Kick some Horsehide and Pigskin.