Milan must forfeit five games

CoachT

Sounds like you are assuming USJ turned Milan in because they played dirty and the player in question came from USJ. Did he make a big difference in the game?

Well, considering he was a defensive player, and defence in football is one of the most team-oriented activities in sports, I'd say, yes, he made a difference. I can't, however, quote you some of his stats, or attribute a win or two to his performance.

And the point isn't whether he made a difference in the game. The point is that USJ took advantage of a situation in an extremely under-handed manner just to obtain a win, and it ticks Milan off.

You can blame the MHS administration all you want, but when the Principal, Coaches, and parents of the player all ask the TSSAA about how to go about this transfer BEFORE THE PLAYER STEPPED ON A PRACTICE FIELD, are told LEGALLY what to do, do it, and then are PENALIZED for doing it after 6 weeks of play because of another school finding out and 'snitching,' it kinda ticks people off, especially when it means that Milan may miss the playoffs for the first time in eons.

OK, I take back my accusation towards USJ for 'snitching' on Milan. I do, however, fully accuse the Bruins of bringing attention to a situation that was known about and taken care of, though quite informally, just to get a 2nd win and just as 'revenge' towards the player.

Also, I blame the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association (or 'NAMBLA') for going about this transfer in a non-chalant way, miss-directing a school, and then proceding to PENALIZE said school for doing what they were told just to cover their own butts. I'm now actually more PO'd at the TSSAA because of their back-pedaling, trying not to get flamed by the media or USJ ways.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh..I have no sympathy for the Milan administration. It`s my opinion that they were the ones who ultimately are to blame here. They are the ones who are supposed to be familiar with the TSSAA rules. Players and families come and then they are gone, but the administration at Milan..principal, AD, coaches...are the ones who are in charge. They are the ones who are being paid to know the rules.

I hate it for Milan`s fans. I hate it for the team. I especially hate it for the player because he can`t play now. I see most Milan fans are accepting what happened and moving on, but some are just too obsessed with USJ. If a rule has been broken, does it really matter who turns them in?

I could sit here and speculate and make the case that Milan was blatently cheating and hoping they could get by with it. I`d prefer to think though that the administration just fumbled the ball. I`d prefer to think that the players family simply thought all they needed was a Milan address. I`m sure a Milan address was all that he needed to attend MHS, but more is required by the TSSAA in order to be considered a legitimate transfer. I know the family and don`t think they would have gone through the trouble and expense that they did to try and set up a "legal" transfer if they knew it wasn`t adequate to be considered eligible.

Again..Milan pays folks to know these things. It`s their job to verify what is going on as to compliance. I`m sure they`ll be a bit more attentive next time a transfer situation occurs. The kid went to USJ all his life and pretty much lives across the street from the USJ campus. It`s not like no one would have noticed things. I`ve read a lot of posts on here accusing USJ of cheating in the past. I`ve even seen folks gloating over them getting penalized last year over what amounted to be a clerical error. USJ actually turned themselves in when it found out about it. Someone in the Milan administration needs to step up and take the blame. I`ll be interested to hear what the administrations comments are in the paper. I saw the other day that the principal said they are gonna do what`s in the best interest of MHS. They should have done that though back in August.

Good Luck to the Bulldogs. I`ll be rooting for them to do well. They have always been a great representative to West TN football. I feel for the fans and players. But those that want to blame USJ for this are just way off base. It reminds me of Alabama fans blaming UT for them getting caught cheating.

No, when the principal drives by and checks to see if the boy is there at the house in Milan and he is, every time, it's not the administration's fault.

But in response to the Bama/Tenn. quote, also remionds me of Fulmer and Chavis blaming McDonald's and Krispy Kreme for their problems. :lol:

Just a little humor, no harm intended. But for the record, it's the boosters that gets bama and all these other schools in trouble. It happens at all the schools in college, just a matter of when they get caught. Some people that have nothing to do with the school (much like the milan situation) put kids in positions that they don't deserve to be in. It's an unfortunate situation that is done with and it's time to move on. Can't change the past, but you can make things happen in the future.

Run the table Dawgs....Run the table.

Yea he was. Got a couple of random phone calls??? Never acts on them but he thought he might this time??? At USJ when it all started???

Also from an unnamed source, I've heard USJ did not have to turn the player in. Parents from schools that Milan does not play turned them in because of anger for their sons/daughters having to sit out a year due to transferring.

Edited by Blue'smyboy

Remember this I once saw a Melrose team with C. Wilson, Morehouse, Lott and many others have to forfeit 5 games. They just made the playoffs in the #4 spot and had to go on the road to Milan. The score of that game was I think 54-0 Melrose. maybe you can do the same thing. As for USJ turning someone in Please don't ever get mad because you got caught. People with high standards should be happy this was caught. So every thing was on the up and up. As for the player who got hurt ask yourself this . Why was a starter in the ballgame with 2 min to play up 27 to 0 . take a knee and end a ball game you know is out of control. Maybe scoring was more important. Just a Thought.

Edited by wad

Now the t$$aa ruled him eligible aug 18th the ineligible oct. 5th. My understanding is he was ruled ineligible because they still had a phone line at the old house. Coach Morris has been open with the t$$aa the whole time, he wasn't trying to hide something. But like I said if we're wrong fine. We're a great program and will fight through the adversity. But what I do have a problem with is the way this all came about. Carter was at USJ at the same time he got one or two phone calls which, he says he gets all the time but never acts on, but decided since he was over here in west tn he might as well just look into it. Just makes one wonder.

Oh..I have no sympathy for the Milan administration. It`s my opinion that they were the ones who ultimately are to blame here. They are the ones who are supposed to be familiar with the TSSAA rules. Players and families come and then they are gone, but the administration at Milan..principal, AD, coaches...are the ones who are in charge. They are the ones who are being paid to know the rules.

I hate it for Milan`s fans. I hate it for the team. I especially hate it for the player because he can`t play now. I see most Milan fans are accepting what happened and moving on, but some are just too obsessed with USJ. If a rule has been broken, does it really matter who turns them in?

I could sit here and speculate and make the case that Milan was blatently cheating and hoping they could get by with it. I`d prefer to think though that the administration just fumbled the ball. I`d prefer to think that the players family simply thought all they needed was a Milan address. I`m sure a Milan address was all that he needed to attend MHS, but more is required by the TSSAA in order to be considered a legitimate transfer. I know the family and don`t think they would have gone through the trouble and expense that they did to try and set up a "legal" transfer if they knew it wasn`t adequate to be considered eligible.

Again..Milan pays folks to know these things. It`s their job to verify what is going on as to compliance. I`m sure they`ll be a bit more attentive next time a transfer situation occurs. The kid went to USJ all his life and pretty much lives across the street from the USJ campus. It`s not like no one would have noticed things. I`ve read a lot of posts on here accusing USJ of cheating in the past. I`ve even seen folks gloating over them getting penalized last year over what amounted to be a clerical error. USJ actually turned themselves in when it found out about it. Someone in the Milan administration needs to step up and take the blame. I`ll be interested to hear what the administrations comments are in the paper. I saw the other day that the principal said they are gonna do what`s in the best interest of MHS. They should have done that though back in August.

Good Luck to the Bulldogs. I`ll be rooting for them to do well. They have always been a great representative to West TN football. I feel for the fans and players. But those that want to blame USJ for this are just way off base. It reminds me of Alabama fans blaming UT for them getting caught cheating.

I agree completely with you. I was wondering if Munford was checked on their transfer players. From my understanding the TSSAA only checks if there is a credible question as to eligibility. One would think that 3 transfers of these athletes ability would justify a check. I had heard there were 4 but I thought there were only 3 transfers. My understanding is that TSSAA approves transfers based on what the school adminstration tells them and doesn't check unless there is suffucient cause to. I figured you seem to be in the know and could answer.

Now the t$$aa ruled him eligible aug 18th the ineligible oct. 5th. My understanding is he was ruled ineligible because they still had a phone line at the old house. Coach Morris has been open with the t$$aa the whole time, he wasn't trying to hide something. But like I said if we're wrong fine. We're a great program and will fight through the adversity. But what I do have a problem with is the way this all came about. Carter was at USJ at the same time he got one or two phone calls which, he says he gets all the time but never acts on, but decided since he was over here in west tn he might as well just look into it. Just makes one wonder.

thats why i questioned...i thought i had heard that somewhere...im neutral on this whole deal...milan got caught with someone inelgible but i think i have an idea of the group of people that brought it up....milans still the team to beat in reg. 7-2a as they will more than likely win out the season at the rate they've been playing

Good post. I agree with you.

Why did Milan not turn themselves in. People can blame USJ all they want to but Milan was the ones who broke the rules.

Just like I didn't think USJ was cheating last year, I don't think Milan was intentionally cheating this year. Before long all TSSAA schools will need to hire a compliance officer to keep up with all the rules.

I am sorry for the kids and particularly for the player in question.